Anyone getting a watch to go with their Note 8

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the Gear S3 and it works okay with my V20. But I'm looking forward to getting back to the Note family for better integration.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
Waiting on a sale from TMobile so I can either get an S3 on sale on EIP, or buy it outright whenever the newer devices go on sale.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Nope, had a Gear 2 Neo and used it daily until it died, after a few weeks I quit missing it and have no desire to spend the money required to get another smart watch.

Most useful thing it did was wake me up, the vibration on my wrist was the best alarm clock over. Made a good universal remote as well, but just not worth $200 or $200 to replace.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Nope, had a Gear 2 Neo and used it daily until it died, after a few weeks I quit missing it and have no desire to spend the money required to get another smart watch.

Most useful thing it did was wake me up, the vibration on my wrist was the best alarm clock over. Made a good universal remote as well, but just not worth $200 or $200 to replace.
I agree, just can't see spending that much for any of the current generation Android watches. Also considering the low sales volume for Android watches I want to wait and watch the trend.

classickrockr

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
With the Note 8, if you go with a 2 year contract on the watch, you get $50 off the Gear S3 Frontier or $100 off the Gear S3. Looks like I'm ordering my S3 Frontier.....

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
In this day and age with technology and the way it advances I don't know how anyone could commit to a product for a two year contract ^^^

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

My Gear 2 Neo is still working. I love it. I got one because our office frowns on loud phones and getting notification from my elderly dad might be important. People use to think it was an Apple watch, now they think it's a Fit bit.

I'll get another smartwatch when mine dies. Not sure which one. I'll see what's available.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I preordered the Gear Fit 2 Pro. I was hoping it would be the free gift with the Note, but both Best Buy and Samsung are throwing in a set of wireless headphones with the purchase of the Fit 2 Pro, so not too bad. I ended up pre-ordering from Best Buy. I already have the Gear S2 and really like it, but I like the look of the black/red Pro.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I already have an S3 Classic and Frontier so I'm good to go. I currently use my Classic with my iPhone 6s Plus and my Frontier with my Note 5. I'm probably going to switch that around when I get theNote 8 since I use the Classic more.

classickrockr

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
With the Note 8, if you go with a 2 year contract on the watch, you get $50 off the Gear S3 Frontier or $100 off the Gear S3. Looks like I'm ordering my S3 Frontier.....

Just went to local store & ordered my wife's Note 8. The store gave me $100 off the Gear S3 Frontier instead of $50 like the Verizon online rep told me. Now I gotta wait for this watch to charge fully before I get to play with it....I hate waiting!!!! lol

racin06

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I've been a Gear S3 Frontier owner since last November and to be candid, I'm disappointed. I guess I expected more out of the S3. Sure, it's a nice smartwatch, but the S3 isn't up to par with the fitness activity, navigation and mapping capabilities of Garmin and Suunuto. I also recently sold my Garmin fenix 3 HR and purchased the Garmin fenix 5x. Sure, the fenix 5x will set you back $700.00 but for a serious fitness and cycling person like myself, it's worth every penny. Anyway, to each their own. My S3 is up for sale for $175. It's in excellent, like-new condition. Let me know if you are interested. We could do a PayPal transaction.

Last edited: