11-07-2017 06:18 AM
51 123
tools
    Just watched a video that shows how to bring back the action memo and s note that was removed from the N8. Thanks to guy who made this and shows us how to get it back.

Thank you for Sharing!
    09-13-2017 01:47 PM
    I am new to the Note series of phones what are the differences between the pre-installed note taking app & Action Memo / S Note.

Can not watch Youtube at work it is blocked and cell phone coverage sucks.
    09-13-2017 01:57 PM
    Joining this late, but I found widget and extension pack are not supported. S Note worked but not for a Screen off memo. I could do without the widget and extension pack. But having S Note as my Screen Off memo app is more desirable. I really don't want to maintain 2 different note apps ie. Samsung Note and S Note.
    I know you said you can do without them, but if you decide you do want the widget & extension pack, they are both working. Read this post specifically, but others throughout this topic are also helpful:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh....php?p=5959627

As for the screen off memo, when when we had this same fix working on the Note 7 which also came with Samsung Notes, they were saved to Samsung Notes. Hope someone can figure a workaround for this too!
    09-13-2017 02:30 PM
    I did have the note 7 for a while, and now i have the Note 8. I have no history with S Note. In your opinion Should i try and install it, or am i better off just learning to use Samsung Notes
    09-13-2017 03:10 PM
    I did have the note 7 for a while, and now i have the Note 8. I have no history with S Note. In your opinion Should i try and install it, or am i better off just learning to use Samsung Notes
    You can't miss what u never had; or my mom always thought so. I'd say use the present Samsung Notes.
    09-13-2017 03:49 PM
    ... In your opinion Should i try and install it, or am i better off just learning to use Samsung Notes
    Knowing what I do, and using S Note on every Note since the N3 in addition to tablets 10.1 & 12.2, my opinion is they don't even compare. Try to watch the video posted by user Connert when possible showing the features of Action Memo - https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh....php?p=5940561

It's about just Action Memo, which is one of the most useful components of S Note. I would go to YouTube when you can and search for S Note on any/all of the Note models. It is an amazing productivity tool, not to mention great entertainment.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-13-2017 04:51 PM
    I installed everything and allowed all permission but everytime I open action memo the phone kept freezing and the action memo wouldn't disappear. Only way to remove it was to reboot the phone. Any suggestions?
    09-14-2017 01:09 AM
    Just hope these apks still work when the new opperating system oreo comes out
    gyounk likes this.
    09-14-2017 02:24 AM
    Has anybody been able to install easy charts?
    09-23-2017 11:02 PM
    Has anybody been able to install easy charts?
    Not me. Yet, lol. I have quite a few versions of all the .apk's downloaded since last year, but haven't had a chance to try different combinations of the S Notes & Easy Charts .apk's.

With the versions I have installed now, it tells me Easy Charts has to be updated, but when I click on the link to the Galaxy App Store, it says it's no longer available &/or not compatible.
    09-23-2017 11:11 PM
    Not me. Yet, lol. I have quite a few versions of all the .apk's downloaded since last year, but haven't had a chance to try different combinations of the S Notes & Easy Charts .apk's.

With the versions I have installed now, it tells me Easy Charts has to be updated, but when I click on the link to the Galaxy App Store, it says it's no longer available &/or not compatible.
    I may getting the same thing for Easy Charts and Idea Sketch. Action Memo is working fine. You can download Action Memo Shortcut from the Google Play Store. You can then put it as a shortcut on your air command to save some steps. Next best thing to double tapping. But if anyone can find out how to get Easy Charts and other items to work. I am wondering if Photo Note is being done a different way with the camera below, but not sure. I am not as familiar with it. I hope the trick for Action Memo helps. If anyone hears about a fix for the other stuff I would appreciate it. Mine won’t let me pin my Action Memo to the home screen. I think it’s because I use Nova Launcher. I would love confirmation on tha5 as well. Thanks!
    09-27-2017 09:15 AM
    I did find Add S Note Templates added the Planner templates I liked before to the S Note, not the Samsung note. But they are there and really like that older feature.
    sandra_17 likes this.
    09-28-2017 02:02 PM
    I could easily be wrong but isn't screen off memos something that just appeared with the Note 7 and in Samsung notes? If so, I have no idea how or if it could be incorporated into an old Snote apk.Maybe someone with more tech expertise could weigh in on that.
    09-28-2017 02:38 PM
    I’ve had my N8 for a week coming from the Note 5 and been quite confused with what happens to action memo as that is what I typically used for quick notes. I also find it odd that when I open Samsung Notes with the S-pen out it brings up the keyboard! If I wanted to type a note Samsung, I would not have bought the note. ha. Hoping I can figure this out. I do like the screen off memo but I wish it would use the whole screen when displayed.
    09-28-2017 03:41 PM
    I’ve had my N8 for a week coming from the Note 5 and been quite confused with what happens to action memo as that is what I typically used for quick notes. I also find it odd that when I open Samsung Notes with the S-pen out it brings up the keyboard! If I wanted to type a note Samsung, I would not have bought the note. ha. Hoping I can figure this out. I do like the screen off memo but I wish it would use the whole screen when displayed.
    I don't get the keyboard when I bring up a note. Just a blank sheet. Both from either Create Note on the wheel or holding button and double tapping screen.
    09-28-2017 05:56 PM
    I do have action memo working, but I couldn't install photo note, and neither idea sketch nor easy chart are working.

When Samsung updated s-note and gave us Samsung notes, I emailed to tell them how bad the updates were and asked that they bring the functionality back.
    Hopefully more people will do the same.
    09-28-2017 08:01 PM
    I do have action memo working, but I couldn't install photo note, and neither idea sketch nor easy chart are working.

When Samsung updated s-note and gave us Samsung notes, I emailed to tell them how bad the updates were and asked that they bring the functionality back.
    Hopefully more people will do the same.
    There is a long line of people being upset over the lack of action memo in the reviews of current Snote app in their play store. They apologize to everyone with the exact same reply, it only works if you have a phone where Snotes came preinstalled and it did not on Note 8 (or on 8 or 8+ I believe) and to try Samsung Notes. It's very very annoying reading
    09-29-2017 12:03 AM
    uninstall it and install the older version from apk mirror, remember to disable auto updates or action memo will be gone again as soon as it updates
    09-29-2017 02:56 AM
    There is a long line of people being upset over the lack of action memo in the reviews of current Snote app in their play store. They apologize to everyone with the exact same reply, it only works if you have a phone where Snotes came preinstalled and it did not on Note 8 (or on 8 or 8+ I believe) and to try Samsung Notes. It's very very annoying reading
    Many developers ask that you not leave comments there because they don't read them and prefer that you email them. I'm not saying that's the case here, but anytime I've had an issue with an app, sending the dev an email was more successful than all of the comments.
    Amele likes this.
    09-29-2017 09:05 AM
    So I installed the app and it's working but I'm curious about one thing. The last Note I had was the Note 3 And it had a feature that would create a table based on however many rows and columns you specified. I used that feature more than I expected I would, is there anyway to get that back on the 8?
    09-30-2017 09:37 PM
    Tried others. This one worked to the T!!
    Action Memo is back!!!
    nuangel2 likes this.
    09-30-2017 11:17 PM
    Did you add the lastest version of templates from the Samsung store or did you download an apk? If it was an apk, which one? Also I have the extension pack working as well as Scrapbook, but cant get the other add ons. Luckily Action Memo works and has been for awhile. I noticed to,get Scrapbook to work I had to install the latest version. I’m also being asked to update the Extension pack. Is anyone doing that? The reason I’m asking is originally I updated the Extension pack to latest version by accident and as far as I could tell there were no adverse affects, but I didn’t want to take any chances so I uninstalled and fixed it. However, I’m now wondering since Scrapbook worked with the latest version, maybe I should let it update and look to see if I can get Easy Charts, Photo Note, Idea Sketch and the rest. What does everyone think of any of those ideas? Like I said most importantly, I have Action Memo working and also listed in my air command. Unfortunately, I don’t have most of the inserts working. Looking for advice. I really hope someone notices this because my last post I didn’t hear from anyone and I too am looking for this to work. Thank you very much in advance for any assistance!

I did find Add S Note Templates added the Planner templates I liked before to the S Note, not the Samsung note. But they are there and really like that older feature.
    10-10-2017 07:22 AM
    This is basically the same as the other video and I’ve already spoken to Trish. She, too, can’t get Easy Charts, Photo Note, Idea Sketch and the rest to work. Were you able to get any of the these to work? Or Just Action Memo? I am hoping since you said it worked to the T. Please let us know and what you did different. Thanks a lot.
    10-10-2017 07:46 AM
    How did anyone get the photo note working? That's one I'd like to use and it isn't working on mine, though action memo and scrapbook are.
    10-10-2017 11:22 AM
    I added it from the store. But since then I have found that you can't add extra pages. Fore ex. I like the old planner template, but when I want to add another week it over writes the 1st one have written on. I get a message that the templates can only be added to older versions. So I downloaded the apk of SNote, after unistall as everyone had said, but the templates still won't work!! Very frustrating. So I guess I can just use the Snote that they have in the store and not have the cool templates that I love. Oh Well!!!
    10-12-2017 05:57 PM
51 123