How to get back Action memo and S Note

Lyspaere

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I haven't tried this yet, but a couple of thoughts...

My N5 has Scrapbook v. 16.1.20 and Photonote v. 4.2.08

These are the versions available on apkmirror.com:

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=Scrapbook+samsung

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=Photo+note+samsung

Was considering uninstalling the ones I linked to from the N7 fix and trying one of those. But wanted to ask those of you have used those 2 features how different, if at all they are from what is built into S Note (see pic).

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170906/f731833673f51e5678046276321c5144.jpg
I was just messing around again, and the extension pack as well as the widget are both unsupported also.

Personally, I really can't speak to the differences you're asking about. My first Note was 7, and I'm not one of the few who decided to keep the live grenade, hoping it never went off (but I've really missed that phone).I know the little research I've done into Photo Note, thatcouks be a really useful app.

The more I saw people frustrated about the paring down of S Note to what's left, the more research I did to see what all the hullabaloo was about, & saw that it used to be something that was pretty defining for the Note line.

I've tried downloading a couple different versions of each of the apps, to see if I could get any of them to work, and I get error messages for each of them. "No longer supported" blah blah blah.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I was just messing around again, and the extension pack as well as the widget are both unsupported also....

Those are working fine for me. Did you install the versions of them from my earlier post? Also, if you didn't, be sure to allow all permissions for each of the .apk's you installed. Let me know if that works or not. I'd be glad to help.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Damn... Just noticed Easy Chart isn't working. I'll have to add that to my list to figure out. I remember when it got removed from maybe my N5 with one of the S Note updates. Hopefully when I figure out which I can get all the components working.

rexb

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Nice, thanks for the info. I am now able to create action memos also have them save directly to Evernote my note taking app of choice. Any one know how to re-direct off screen memos to be saved directly to S Note (which has option to save to Evernote). I know my Note 5 off screen memo are saved on Evernote but somehow can't figure out how to do the same with my Note 8. Thanks in advance!

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Joining this late, but I found widget and extension pack are not supported. S Note worked but not for a Screen off memo. I could do without the widget and extension pack. But having S Note as my Screen Off memo app is more desirable. I really don't want to maintain 2 different note apps ie. Samsung Note and S Note.

7h3d34f0n3

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
I am new to the Note series of phones what are the differences between the pre-installed note taking app & Action Memo / S Note.

Can not watch Youtube at work it is blocked and cell phone coverage sucks.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Joining this late, but I found widget and extension pack are not supported. S Note worked but not for a Screen off memo. I could do without the widget and extension pack. But having S Note as my Screen Off memo app is more desirable. I really don't want to maintain 2 different note apps ie. Samsung Note and S Note.

I know you said you can do without them, but if you decide you do want the widget & extension pack, they are both working. Read this post specifically, but others throughout this topic are also helpful:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=5959627

As for the screen off memo, when when we had this same fix working on the Note 7 which also came with Samsung Notes, they were saved to Samsung Notes. Hope someone can figure a workaround for this too!

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I did have the note 7 for a while, and now i have the Note 8. I have no history with S Note. In your opinion Should i try and install it, or am i better off just learning to use Samsung Notes

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I did have the note 7 for a while, and now i have the Note 8. I have no history with S Note. In your opinion Should i try and install it, or am i better off just learning to use Samsung Notes

You can't miss what u never had; or my mom always thought so. I'd say use the present Samsung Notes.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... In your opinion Should i try and install it, or am i better off just learning to use Samsung Notes

Knowing what I do, and using S Note on every Note since the N3 in addition to tablets 10.1 & 12.2, my opinion is they don't even compare. Try to watch the video posted by user Connert when possible showing the features of Action Memo - https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=5940561

It's about just Action Memo, which is one of the most useful components of S Note. I would go to YouTube when you can and search for S Note on any/all of the Note models. It is an amazing productivity tool, not to mention great entertainment.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I installed everything and allowed all permission but everytime I open action memo the phone kept freezing and the action memo wouldn't disappear. Only way to remove it was to reboot the phone. Any suggestions?

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody been able to install easy charts?

Not me. Yet, lol. I have quite a few versions of all the .apk's downloaded since last year, but haven't had a chance to try different combinations of the S Notes & Easy Charts .apk's.

With the versions I have installed now, it tells me Easy Charts has to be updated, but when I click on the link to the Galaxy App Store, it says it's no longer available &/or not compatible.

sll1313

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not me. Yet, lol. I have quite a few versions of all the .apk's downloaded since last year, but haven't had a chance to try different combinations of the S Notes & Easy Charts .apk's.

With the versions I have installed now, it tells me Easy Charts has to be updated, but when I click on the link to the Galaxy App Store, it says it's no longer available &/or not compatible.

I may getting the same thing for Easy Charts and Idea Sketch. Action Memo is working fine. You can download Action Memo Shortcut from the Google Play Store. You can then put it as a shortcut on your air command to save some steps. Next best thing to double tapping. But if anyone can find out how to get Easy Charts and other items to work. I am wondering if Photo Note is being done a different way with the camera below, but not sure. I am not as familiar with it. I hope the trick for Action Memo helps. If anyone hears about a fix for the other stuff I would appreciate it. Mine won’t let me pin my Action Memo to the home screen. I think it’s because I use Nova Launcher. I would love confirmation on tha5 as well. Thanks!

1lamore

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
I did find Add S Note Templates added the Planner templates I liked before to the S Note, not the Samsung note. But they are there and really like that older feature.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I could easily be wrong but isn't screen off memos something that just appeared with the Note 7 and in Samsung notes? If so, I have no idea how or if it could be incorporated into an old Snote apk.Maybe someone with more tech expertise could weigh in on that.

jmj227

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I’ve had my N8 for a week coming from the Note 5 and been quite confused with what happens to action memo as that is what I typically used for quick notes. I also find it odd that when I open Samsung Notes with the S-pen out it brings up the keyboard! If I wanted to type a note Samsung, I would not have bought the note. ha. Hoping I can figure this out. I do like the screen off memo but I wish it would use the whole screen when displayed.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I’ve had my N8 for a week coming from the Note 5 and been quite confused with what happens to action memo as that is what I typically used for quick notes. I also find it odd that when I open Samsung Notes with the S-pen out it brings up the keyboard! If I wanted to type a note Samsung, I would not have bought the note. ha. Hoping I can figure this out. I do like the screen off memo but I wish it would use the whole screen when displayed.

I don't get the keyboard when I bring up a note. Just a blank sheet. Both from either Create Note on the wheel or holding button and double tapping screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol