Has anyone who owned a exploding Note 7 getting a Note 8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I know that Samsung has put in tremendous effort in QA testing and making sure the phone does not experience what it did last year. Has anyone (who had a Note 7 explode on them and got injured) still getting the Note 8? If so, why? I think the people have forgiven Samsung, but what about those that got sent to the hospital? I remember hearing stories last year, must have been awful.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
There is already a thread about previous Note 7 owners and pre-ordering the Note 8. Just about everyone in here has had a Note 7 and it seems that all is forgiven....I was never mad at them and I had 2 of them. I was sad but never mad. It's water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
There is already a thread about previous Note 7 owners and pre-ordering the Note 8. Just about everyone in here has had a Note 7 and it seems that all is forgiven....I was never mad at them and I had 2 of them. I was sad but never mad. It's water under the bridge as far as I am concerned.

I believe OP is referring to anyone who's device actually ignited or showed signs of impending flames...

Given that percentage wise so few incidents were actually reported, chances of one of them being a forum member are fairly slim.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Who got sent to the hospital? I remember stories implying secondary property damage from other equipment that was too close to one of the Note 7 but no reports of injuries.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure after the whole Note 7 incident they went ahead and made super sure that the newest phones won't have any issues. The S8/+ models made it a success and I have no doubt that they tested the phones properly this time to ensure that such an incident won't happen again.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I know that Samsung has put in tremendous effort in QA testing and making sure the phone does not experience what it did last year. Has anyone (who had a Note 7 explode on them and got injured) still getting the Note 8? If so, why? I think the people have forgiven Samsung, but what about those that got sent to the hospital? I remember hearing stories last year, must have been awful.

I struggled with this for a little while. I don't really blame them for trying to squeeze in as much battery as possible. I didn't buy the whole imperfection in the battery crap. There just wasn't enough room in the phone. I have a s8 plus now. I'm upgrading to the note 8. The thing is, I just love the note series enough that I'm willing to try again. This phone is taller and thicker than the s8 plus wilhich tells me they did their best to improve the space inside the phone. I like to have the biggest screen I can get and still be manageable. The s pen is just icing on the cake. I'm not at all worried about this one exploding. Time heals wounds they day and if you'd have asked me six months ago I would've said no way. It seems to be the best phone on the market and that is what I want. I don't feel any phone will be able to beat out the note 8 in any area I really care about until the note 9. I don't see myself leaving the note line anytime soon. Fingers crossed of course.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Oh I didn't notice the part about actually being injured. I don't think the 2-3 people that happened to are ever going Android again, much less Samsung.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Oh the memories
1d3ec3bb94ec03439517c5b6507926a6.jpg

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I had the Note 7 and no problems but I really thought Samsung would give us some type of discount. Instead they increased the price.

It's not like we had a choice of keeping them.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I also don't think any actual burn victims if there are any, would be members of this forum. I also don't recall anyone actually getting injured. Several close calls including the famous one on the airline where the Note caught fire in the guys pocket and landed up burning the carpeting on the floor of the plane.

svtalex

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I had 3 note 7's and did not have a problem with any of them. the original I pre ordered, I cracked the screen, got a replacement, then a week after I got the replacement, the recall happened so decided to trade that in for the so called safe note 7

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I had the Note 7 and no problems but I really thought Samsung would give us some type of discount. Instead they increased the price.

All Samsung had to do is recall it and refund your money. IMO, I think Samsung went above and beyond. Obviously they had to take care of any property damage or injuries.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
In total, we had 5 Note 7's, still have 2. Never had or have had an issue with any of them. I really doubt anyone who had an issue is on these forums. In the grand scheme of things, a very insignificant percentage of Note 7 owners had a problem. Well at least the battery problem. The real problems came when dealing with the recalls.

Dark Pixels ll

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site

Thanks for bringing us back here... Again. 🤣

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

They did give you a discount. The note 7 was 849.99. The new one is 950. And they are giving you 425 off the new one. So even with the 100 extra you are still getting 325 off the new note 8. And you got a refund for the note 7 and freebies. What else could you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams