Customer reviews of the Note 8

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Just got mine and I'm loving it. The transition and animation is so smooth and speedy, rather unexpected for an Android device to me (or maybe I did not use enough other Android devices to know that). Love most things on Note 8 more than Note 7, except the FPS position which I just can't like no matter how I try to.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just heard that we should have a up date to our cameras soon 4k hear we come.
I haven't checked on updates. Afraid to lol it's been working awesome and I've been waiting so lon ? It seems, to get a Note again after the Note 7

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am very pleased with my signal. I never have any bars where I live. I did on my N7, but not my N4. my N8 has 2 or 3 bars indoors and that's amazing. even my neighbor has to go outside to call and she's with Verizon. so pleased with this aspect.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I am very pleased with my signal. I never have any bars where I live. I did on my N7, but not my N4. my N8 has 2 or 3 bars indoors and that's amazing. even my neighbor has to go outside to call and she's with Verizon. so pleased with this aspect.
and my wifi which was always 2 bars is 5 bars constantly. amazing!

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Battery is still holding better than S8+. I thought I would be under 30% by the end of my work day. NOPE 50%. Its probably the newer os version and 6gb of ram that is helping here. The phone is so smooth.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
After spending the last 9 months on iOS, I'm happy to be back on Android. Overall loving the entire experience of the Note 8. Was heart broken when I had to give my Note 7 back, but that was life.
Didn't take long to get used to the size, as it's barely larger than the 7+. Just much more screen, which I absolutely love. The lcd screen of the iPhone doesn't even touch this. I never thought I'd see the day that I wanted anything remotely close to a 6.3" screen but it's awesome! Makes everything else look tiny.
Camera is awesome, OS is smooth, phone is wicked fast with everything it does, and I'm just overall happy to be using Android again on the daily.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It's been a week. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the Note 8.
I had a funny thing happen today it could be been an accidental button or something. But I was on the phone with someone at work in other dept, suddenly Pa did a just started playing on my phone and the volume was way up (I have it set high when Bluetooth through the car). Anyway, Maroon 5 song "Cold" starting playing very loud on the speaker. I mean, it sounded great actually and was funny

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
still finding workarounds for the things removed or dumbed down, and root is definitely on my horizon. the device is beautiful and I am finding ways to force it to work my way rather than Sammy's. I don't want a walled-garden phone, even with the spen. still organizing and loading my software and removing the junk. overall good, but it's no N7 so far. and at this point it is unlikely I'll return it, though I haven't finished testing everything yet.

gorgeous device to look at! (screen lol)

nrvna76

May 13, 2011
Visit site
still finding workarounds for the things removed or dumbed down, and root is definitely on my horizon. the device is beautiful and I am finding ways to force it to work my way rather than Sammy's. I don't want a walled-garden phone, even with the spen. still organizing and loading my software and removing the junk. overall good, but it's no N7 so far. and at this point it is unlikely I'll return it, though I haven't finished testing everything yet.

gorgeous device to look at! (screen lol)

can you elaborate on the walled garden comment? I don't want to leave iPhone just to get into another sandbox! :)

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
can you elaborate on the walled garden comment? I don't want to leave iPhone just to get into another sandbox! :)

you would be thrilled. I'm sure of it.

I'm only disappointed because I'm used to certain options that I see have gone away. certain customization things and apps that have been removed or made dumb. still a lot of wonderful features. just not the ones I need and want. so I'll root again. the minute it's available.

seems these days everything is about removing control from us. I will always staunchly fight to retain control of my devices and my life overall.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I had a funny thing happen today it could be been an accidental button or something. But I was on the phone with someone at work in other dept, suddenly Pa did a just started playing on my phone and the volume was way up (I have it set high when Bluetooth through the car). Anyway, Maroon 5 song "Cold" starting playing very loud on the speaker. I mean, it sounded great actually and was funny
Look at that! A feature Samsung didn't tell us about. The Note 8 has the ability to read it's owners feelings and knows when a song is needed. Now if only it could take out the trash.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01