Are you going to rock it naked? Or add protection?

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely a minimalist when it comes to phone protection. I use the clearest, slimmest case I can typically get away with. I rock my phones naked occasionally and haven't ever really been a fan of screen protection, but I feel like this will be the first phone I'll add a tempered glass layer to. I'll still rock a simple, clear case (IE Spigen) but due to the curved glass and cost of these things nowadays, I see myself ordering a tempered screen protector before mine gets delivered.
I did drop my N7 a handful of times in the few months of ownership and it cartwheeled hard a few times. And it didn't even leave a mark! Dumb luck I suppose...

Marky310

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a samsung led case. Really love the material and the leds on the case are an eyecatcher. I'm not a big phone dropper and I hate making a sexy phone look like a tank

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I learn my lesson the hard way. I have an S7 Active with a thin TPU case (and you think it would be a rugged phone being the Active series), but dropped the phone and cracked the screen. On the Note 8 I'll go with a heavy duty case and glass screen protector.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
With these phones being about $1000 now, I'm definitely going to use a case. I've dropped my phone onto the ground a few times in the past but fortunately I had a case on for each of those drops.

A couple of those times I dropped it when I was coming out of the car, forgetting that I had placed the phone on my lap. And another time was when I was trying to take a picture and some guy accidentally bumped into my elbow.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Personally I will have a case on it almost all the time. Far to expensive for me to worry about accidental drops etc. I have a semi clear case now, waiting for the phone and will be getting a heavier duty case like a Defender soon.

MzKoKoNY

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I always use a case and screen protector on all my phones. Got a s7 edge note 7 replacement and due to a faulty phone had to send it in to AT&T for replacement. Got the replacement phone and didn't get around to getting a screen protector but I had a case. Figured I'd enjoy it with a naked screen right? WRONGGGG. Was cooking and went to put my phone down and it dropped. Wasn't even from a far distance. Picked my phone up and BAM... Cracked screen. I died a lil inside. No way I was paying to replace the screen on a phone I hated so I brought a wet screen protector to encapsulate the crack and got a Unicorn Beetle case that pretty much covers the area that cracked most. But of course I can't use this phone as a trade in so I purchased a phone for trade and giving this phone to my mom. Soooo yeah. Got my Note 8 case and screen protector on order for when my phone arrives.

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Have a Spigen case and winged screen protector, same as my S8.
Fancy a led flip case once the price drops a bit.

skeletor807

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I always use protection. I am a klutz and I have 4 kids who like to jostle me. My phone would be destroyed in under a week if I didn't have some sort of case on it and a screen protector.

xxaarraa1983

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
On the Note 8 I'll go with a heavy duty case and glass screen protector.

Yeah and walk around with a freaking ipad in your pocket, no thanks.

It amazes me that people wait in line, pre-order, check the website everyday and get their hands on the sleekest and most beautiful phones, and then immediately run out and wrap it in ugly *** rubbermaid cases. Completely amazed by that.

I get it, phones are expensive and brittle these days. But that's the nature of the game. Wrapping gorgeous phones in ugly **** just kills the 'feel' of them. Get insurance and go naked is my philosophy. And a little known secret is your phones and home electronics are covered by your home owner's insurance. I pay $17 a year for $5k in coverage with a $50 deductible through my home owner's insurance. That's less than what some of these ugly *** cases cost.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
These phones are big and all glass plus they feel like a wet bar of soap in your hands, it would be prudent to use a case. Some people are worried about a case ruining the aesthetics, nothing ruins aesthetics more than a cracked phone.

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I don't drop a lot, but I remember how slippery the S7 was before I put a case on it.

I ordered my Incipio Dual Pro yesterday - won't ship for a week or so, so I'll have to be ultra careful, but...yeah. Not risking this one for long.

The only thing I've ever broken screen wise is the only tempered glass protector I've ever tried. That cracked within 2 weeks after a 2 foot drop. I've gone bare-screened ever since with nary a scratch.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
probably naked with just a screen protector if decent ones can be had but it probably wont need it for my use....home -> car -> office..... and I use the pen quite a bit instead of my fingers on the screen
Might get a case for when going on holidays etc.
Got annoyed with size of my Note 4 when using the samsung s-view cover and it is like getting a new phone after going naked with just a screen protector instead

dlgus

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely a minimalist when it comes to phone protection. I use the clearest, slimmest case I can typically get away with. I rock my phones naked occasionally and haven't ever really been a fan of screen protection, but I feel like this will be the first phone I'll add a tempered glass layer to. I'll still rock a simple, clear case (IE Spigen) but due to the curved glass and cost of these things nowadays, I see myself ordering a tempered screen protector before mine gets delivered.
I did drop my N7 a handful of times in the few months of ownership and it cartwheeled hard a few times. And it didn't even leave a mark! Dumb luck I suppose...

May have already replied, but with phones, as with so many...other precious things, protection is a must...<wink>
Already have the case for my new love.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Naked all day however I do plan on investing on the Mophie Charge Force solution. Slim case with a magnetic battery pack to wireless charge when needed paired with a charge Force car and desk mount. I was going to pick them up for me S8+ but new I was getting a Note 8 and didn't want to take the plunge on it yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12