My Note 8 wouldn't activate at first, despite my S7 Edge being powered off. I called Support and they had me power both off and said they 'pushed the activation' for the Note 8. It did activate when I tried next...I then was prompted to join Wi-Fi, did that, then for my Google Account....once I put that in the screen went black with usual icons across the top..showed the Wi-Fi being accessed a lot, but then the screen turns white with with a tiny charging lightning bolt at the top right and a left arrow at the bottom left...
    Stayed that way a minute then the screen turned off.....when I power it back on the screen is just staying white like that.....30 minutes now. I have 100Mb/s FiOS and fast Wi-Fi...not sure what it's doing...???!! I know I can't get cell calls though for now....
    Tech Coach told mt to let it run that it's getting my info from the cloud???
    09-05-2017 04:39 PM
    Eventually I went back to start over and SKIPPED the restore from older device....that worked....now am running SmartSwitch with the USB cable between the two. 256GB Micro SD Card already moved into the Note 8. Seems to be working fine so far.,.....
    09-05-2017 04:57 PM
    I had to call the number to activate as well...my only other issue was the more "popular" apps (FB, Messenger, Twitter, etc.) too FOREVER to download...everyone else must be downloading the same ones.
    09-05-2017 05:02 PM
    Seems to be working fine so far.,.....
    Glad its working out, happy Note 8'ing
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-05-2017 05:02 PM
    Mine took forever also! I had to call the activation number and it worked after that.
    09-05-2017 11:25 PM
    I always throw away the Sims the new phones come with they never activate, and use the one from my previous device. set up went quick even with 155 apps being restored this N8 is blazing fast!
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    09-06-2017 06:18 AM
    forgive me if i fail to sympathize (as i sit here still waiting for UPS) lol

jk hope mine doesn't take too long to setup
    Nostromo79 and Amele like this.
    09-06-2017 07:04 AM
    I always throw away the Sims the new phones come with they never activate, and use the one from my previous device. set up went quick even with 155 apps being restored this N8 is blazing fast!
    Me too. Though, this time, I wanted to use the pre-installed SIM. Just bulldozed over, maybe, two years and several devices-worth of tradition in thinking that this time I'd go with the fresh SIM.
    kj11 likes this.
    09-06-2017 10:36 AM
    forgive me if i fail to sympathize (as i sit here still waiting for UPS) lol

jk hope mine doesn't take too long to setup
    When it's all set-up you won't remember the 'pain' at all!
    Carrie Greicar and SpaceyO like this.
    09-06-2017 10:38 AM
    If you're replacing an S7 Edge, why not just swap the SIM from the old phone to the new one? No activation issues, no hassle. I do that all the time when I get a new phone. No reason to deal with the carrier at all then.
    09-06-2017 01:19 PM
    Anyone using Unlocked on Vz?
    09-06-2017 04:57 PM
    Eventually I went back to start over and SKIPPED the restore from older device....that worked....now am running SmartSwitch with the USB cable between the two. 256GB Micro SD Card already moved into the Note 8. Seems to be working fine so far.,.....
    Restore from older device never good , there is always someone stuck on that, fresh and clean problem free, And let Google take care of contacts ,calender, favorites ect
    09-06-2017 05:07 PM
    I also had to call to activate my Note 8. I elected not to restore from my S7Edge. I didn't have a new SD card delivered until 2 days after activation (getting the phone earlier than expected caught me unprepared) so I performed a Smart Switch then.

Hopefully the activation issue is the only thing that's an issue with the device. It really is a great phablet.
    09-11-2017 12:33 AM