Share photos taken on your Note 8!

xxaarraa1983

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
What a handsome boy. Must be young, seeing how the nose is still all black?

Let's see if this video link works. Shot in UHD on the Note 8.

[video]https://photos.app.goo.gl/WBe5dLJKV0f4ImY52[/video]

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm enjoying the live focus...

7c8ad5c87c374b3bb4ce6e3bc09a5bee.jpg

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Except for a few....sorry but not impressed with many of the pics posted. Are you all using the same settings or not??? I have a 4k monitor here and some pics look downright sad! Blurry and full of noise/artifacts. Whats going on?!?

xxaarraa1983

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
^^ Hey Einstein, you do realize that when sharing on the Web, most if not all images are downsized right? You are only supposed to look at the overall composition not pixel peep.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Except for a few....sorry but not impressed with many of the pics posted. Are you all using the same settings or not??? I have a 4k monitor here and some pics look downright sad! Blurry and full of noise/artifacts. Whats going on?!?

just let them enjoy their phones and photos. this isn't the place for pixel peeping.

lisainsf

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site

not sure a sensor this small is meant to be viewed on a 4k monitor and most people usually look on their phone where they look fine. Web sizes on most phones are an issue given the sensor size especially if no editing is done to them to sharpen etc.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
^^ Hey Einstein, you do realize that when sharing on the Web, most if not all images are downsized right? You are only supposed to look at the overall composition not pixel peep.
exactly, and in case folks weren't aware... it's better to be helpful and constructive than tear others down. sheesh

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site

I do photography (www.instagram.com/vipmediastar) with my DSLR. with my phone i just take snapshots. Most people here are probably doing the same, plus the excitement of using the phone is really not getting me too involved in taking cellphone photos. I can take some better lit and composed photos and upload them to flickr for you if you would like.

xxaarraa1983

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I shoot a LOT of photos, and almost exclusively with camera phones. I like working through the limitations of a small phone sensor, and enjoy compositions more than any other aspect of photography. Spontaneity and capturing the moment is more important to me than the purity of photography.

I typically pixel peep during the first few weeks of getting a phone, only to see if I can 'trust' the phone's camera. I evaluate it for clarity (detail) and consistency, I am not as much of a purist when it comes to color reproduction. Once I know the phone can be trusted to take consistently great shots in full auto, I stop pixel peeping altogether.

I do use manual controls every now and then, mostly to speed up the shutter while shooting my nieces in action or the dogs running around.

I also do use the phone's second lens regularly. On my LG G6, I used the wide angle a lot and it makes for some breathtaking compositions that would otherwise just not be possible. On the Note 8, I use Live Focus regularly. When I had the Honor 8, I would use the monochrome lens to shoot true B&W. h

But in general, I prefer to leave phones in full auto and let their post processing do the work. Ergo why I think the Pixel is the best camera phone I have had. Ever.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
anyone else posted their pictures and stuff to their social media accounts? I haven't. didn't think of it but I'm about to

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I love Huskies, but I'm afraid of them! Actually I love ALL dogs but if they're bigger than my little 20 pounder, I take the look don't touch approach. Lol. I wish I had the nerve to believe owners when they say go ahead and pet him, he won't bite. I'm like, yeah he won't bite YOU! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze