Spigen Neo Flex Screen protector

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got my spigen neoflex on my phone and its great you put the protector on while in the spigen case, mine was a tough armor. Im picky about even the tiniest bubble so it took a couple try but looks great!

We will see how it holds up over the next several days but a screen protector and case for 24 bucks when i bought it was a steal.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
How does the s-pen work with that screen protector? Any drag when trying to write something?

Unfortunately, it's horrible with the spen - WAY too much friction. I tried a tempered glass protector, but it didn't fully cover the screen, and actually blocked some of the screen. I'll keep the neoflex on until the Whitestone is available.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's horrible with the spen - WAY too much friction. I tried a tempered glass protector, but it didn't fully cover the screen, and actually blocked some of the screen. I'll keep the neoflex on until the Whitestone is available.

Have you tried changing pen tips? At one time there were extras that were a slightly different color. For example, 2 white tips and 2 gray tips. One of them was better with plastic. I don't remember if it was a Note phone or one of my Note tablets.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried changing pen tips? At one time there were extras that were a slightly different color. For example, 2 white tips and 2 gray tips. One of them was better with plastic. I don't remember if it was a Note phone or one of my Note tablets.

There are other tips included, but I haven't even looked at them yet. The plastic protector is a short-term solution for me - although the wet protector installs easily and looks great (at least initially), I prefer tempered glass. The Whitestone Dome Glass protector that uses UV bonding will be available in 1 or 2 days, and I have that on order. I tried a "standard" tempered glass protector, and it was horrid. It didn't cover the whole screen, and the black borders actually cut off text on the screen.

Unfortunately, right now, the neoflex is the best solution.

6-Sept 17 - update - I was a bit premature - it must have been still a little wet. This AM, it seems much better with the SPen. I didn't try the SPen with no protector, but it actually is very smooth now with the neoflex..

Last edited:

Lyspaere

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
There are other tips included, but I haven't even looked at them yet. The plastic protector is a short-term solution for me - although the wet protector installs easily and looks great (at least initially), I prefer tempered glass. The Whitestone Dome Glass protector that uses UV bonding will be available in 1 or 2 days, and I have that on order. I tried a "standard" tempered glass protector, and it was horrid. It didn't cover the whole screen, and the black borders actually cut off text on the screen.

Unfortunately, right now, the neoflex is the best solution.

Yeah, that was my fear. I bought the NeoFlex as stopgap until my TGSPs get here. Haven't taken the couple minutes yet to put it on yet, but I figured it would be a nightmare with the S-pen :(

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, that was my fear. I bought the NeoFlex as stopgap until my TGSPs get here. Haven't taken the couple minutes yet to put it on yet, but I figured it would be a nightmare with the S-pen :(

I was a bit premature - it must have been still a little wet. This AM, it seems much better with the SPen. I didn't try the SPen with no protector, but it actually is very smooth now.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes with Note 7 it was mentioned different tip available for screen protectors. I believe the white tips are harder for plastic screens.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I was a bit premature - it must have been still a little wet. This AM, it seems much better with the SPen. I didn't try the SPen with no protector, but it actually is very smooth now.

Good deal. Glad it's working out. A sticky protector is the pits with an SPen.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site

Does it stick ok to the edges also?
I have this to put on my Note when it arrives. 1st time with a wet fix screen protector.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Does it stick ok to the edges also?
I have this to put on my Note when it arrives. 1st time with a wet fix screen protector.

I didn't have an issue with the sides sticking. Screen is a bit sticky and the protector doesn't work with a non Spigen case. Using a different case lifts the edges of the protector up at the corners.

Lyspaere

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
...the protector doesn't work with a non Spigen case. Using a different case lifts the edges of the protector up at the corners.

Works fine in both my Caseology cases and my Tauri wallet case. Just gotta align it right. Can't speak to any other brand of case, though.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I didn't have an issue with the sides sticking. Screen is a bit sticky and the protector doesn't work with a non Spigen case. Using a different case lifts the edges of the protector up at the corners.

Will try it on my Samsung Rugged case on Friday, if it doesn't work out, I'll just go without a screen protector.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Put the Neoflex on last night. It sucks. Feels rubbery. And has the Orange peel effect. Also the sPen feels like it's being dragged over the bottom of a shoe. I'll give it a couple days, but I think I'll be ripping it off and going bare screen.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Had it on for a week now. Definitely plastic feel. My edges are coming up ever so slightly. It looks like crap compared to my Note 5 which has no screen protector, but it has some micro scratches for sure. This may come off eventually....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance