Samsung freebies, which did you choose and how did you submit it?

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm about to submit the EIP for my free gifts. Do I send just a copy of the EIP with the e-signature or just the EIP? I don't want to send the whole entire 10 page EIP.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
No that's not how it works lmao. It's not even that many for as large as the market is. It's pretty pointless to get the cheaper thing in this case but to each their own.
Yes that is how it works. Seen it previously. 256 memory cards are worth 200 new. But now you can only sell it for around 125.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Did mine a little while ago, got approved right away. (charger/sd card)
It says it will ship week of 2017-10-9.. As much as I hope that means the week of September 10th, it probably means October 9th. :)

I just submitted mine and got the same message. Hope I get the 256gb instead of the 128gb. If not oh well, it's a free gift.

Cherries01

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No, that's never how it works. Samsung gives out all of these free promotional things, and then the market gets flooded with them and it drives the cost way down. I'm not paying for any of the freebies, so I don't really care which one costs more on the shelf. I will get the thing that I will use the most. I don't want a "cheaper alternative" because too many times I read about people having problems with them, and it's not your decision to make if it's worth it out of pocket. It's my decision to make.

I based my decision on the same mindset as yours. I don't need the 360 camera since I would barely utilize it... (plus I have a GoPro camera for that reason), but SD Card and Charger is worth more to me... u can never go wrong with more chargers or SD cards for storage either on the phone, camera, etc.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I said I wouldn't but I choose the camera. I may not use it a lot but I can see it being helpful for trips to the beach, amusement parks, lakes, or just anything fun. I can always buy a wireless charger, and I have a 256 GB card.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Samsung fast wireless charger can be had for $30 on their website, $25 on Amazon. The same exact memory card included in the promotion can be had for $54. even if someone wanted to unload it when the market for them is "so flooded with the millions of free ones they're giving away" and they sell it for $150 they're still making out.

Personally I already have two Samsung wireless chargers, 1 collects dust, and a few SD cards hanging around. I'll use the 360 camera because it will be a fun toy to play with. I guess I understand your reasoning, it just doesn't make monetary sense.

It's not the same. The new wireless charger is different. So happy they came out with the new version as it will make it easier for traveling.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Did mine a little while ago, got approved right away. (charger/sd card)
It says it will ship week of 2017-10-9.. As much as I hope that means the week of September 10th, it probably means October 9th. :)
I submitted mine on Thursday night and it said the same thing. I'm thinking next week because 10/9 is a Monday and 9/10 is a Sunday. When someone says 'week of", they usually start with Sunday.

jinxygrrl

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Submitted for my "free" 360 camera on Thursday. Was immediately approved and said it would ship the week of 9/18. Yesterday, I awoke to a message that said "shipped". It will be here Tuesday (9/12). Way to go Samsung!

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I Submitted on the 5th for the Gear 360. Was approved and processed on the 6th. Also got an email with tracking saying my gift is on its way. I've had a fedex label created from them since Thurs, originally delivery date was today but the item still has not been scanned by fedex. On the samsungpromo check status site it says my gift is shipping between 9-8 and 9-15.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
It's not the same. The new wireless charger is different. So happy they came out with the new version as it will make it easier for traveling.
Right. The new one can lay flat or be propped up. Cool. That exact one that Samsung claims of a $90 value is $40 on Amazon.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the charger/sd card. It was approved immediately and says will ship week of 2017-10-9.

So is that week of Sept 10th (a Sunday), or Oct 9th (a Monday)? LOL

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Received the camera this morning, and it's a dud. Won't turn on, won't charge, tried the suggestion of plugging into a computer USB for a bit before a wall charger, on two different computers, and nothing.

Live chat on Samsung's site gave me a number to call since it's a promotion thing, I've got some errands to run 1st, then I'll order a replacement.

The phone is the important piece in this deal, and it's still amazing, so I'm not too unhappy...

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
After going back and forth with the offers, I went with the charger and memory. I already have a Gopro camera and just didn't see value in the Gear 360.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Used the Shop Samsung app on the Note, got near instant approval (Card/Charger).
Shows a ship date - week of 10/9/17. I guess allot of people went with the same. or they had way more cameras on hand. :)

Cheers,
BR

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Right. The new one can lay flat or be propped up. Cool. That exact one that Samsung claims of a $90 value is $40 on Amazon.

Call me paranoid (won't be the 1st!) :p but I like to buy my power supplies straight from the manufacturer. I've been burned by fakes on Amazon before. Not going to take the chance.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Received the camera this morning, and it's a dud. Won't turn on, won't charge, tried the suggestion of plugging into a computer USB for a bit before a wall charger, on two different computers, and nothing.

Live chat on Samsung's site gave me a number to call since it's a promotion thing, I've got some errands to run 1st, then I'll order a replacement.

The phone is the important piece in this deal, and it's still amazing, so I'm not too unhappy...

I saw someone mention this same issue and another said to hold the power button for at least 10 seconds which worked for the guy. Worth a shot.