Note 8 Ringtones

Brian Embry

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
My wife got a new Note 8. She's moving from a Note 4. We were wondering how to set individual contact ringtones. She had different ringtones for calls and messages on each contact. We can't seem to find the ability to do this on the Note 8.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
When you are editing a contact, there's a "View More" at the bottom. Click that and there should be a section for contact ring tone and SMS tone.

Lyspaere

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
My wife got a new Note 8. She's moving from a Note 4. We were wondering how to set individual contact ringtones. She had different ringtones for calls and messages on each contact. We can't seem to find the ability to do this on the Note 8.
Open the Contacts "app" → select the contact you want to set the individual ringtone for → edit → scroll to the bottom of the contact card & tap "view more" → at the bottom of the page is "ringtone", "message tone", and "vibration pattern"

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
I can't seem to figure it out. I see the option to change the ringtones and text tones within contacts. But when I change if for my husband, it makes it the default tone for everyone.

Last edited:

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Did you remember to click SAVE up in the right hand corner while still in edit contact, just tested mine and if you don't it just set it as the default ringtone instead of individual

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63