Any cases that work well with the wireless charging?

Bittersweet_Life

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
By "the" wireless charger, if you're referring to the 2017 Samsung Convertible Charger, the overwhelming majority of cases are compatible.

You can find videos on YouTube of people testing a range of cases and wireless charging for the S8. Expect similar compatibility for the Note 8.

Even Google searching a specific case + wireless charging, or reaching out to the manufacturer are viable, easy options.

The biggest issues with wireless charging I've seen across the board are when people using a case with a metal plate attached to it (to use with a magnetic car mount), as it affects the connectivity.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think a better question is what cases don't work well with wireless charging. I'm sure that would be a shorter list.

UNCMo96

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I was looking at the Spigen Ultra Hybrid S case. My car has a wireless charging pad. Will the phone charge with the case on? Will having the metal magnetic kickstand interfere with the charging?

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Otterbox Symmetry. It connects fine to the Convertible Wireless Charger but it is SO slow. So 50% faster to charge via the cable.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does it work in the portrait position (vertical)? My Chinese qi chargers don't seem to like the defender case unless it's in landscape (horizontal) position and right in the sweat spot.

My Note 8 has to lay on it's side to charge fast with the "Convertible" Wireless Charger from Samsung and even at that, it isn't "fast"... :(

maniakdusoleil

Sep 18, 2017
Visit site
My Otterbox defender had some problems; it would start off fine, then after a minute or two, it would stop charging. I've also got a Spigen Tough Armor case, and the phone is sitting on the charger now without any problems so far.

I'm using the Samsung standing wireless charger, so the problem with the Otterbox could be that the base is so wide and slanted that the phone slips and causes the charger to stop working. I'll have to test it out in my non-standing charger.

Gaius Baltar

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I also cannot get (fast or otherwise) wireless charging to work with the Otterbox Defender. It senses the charger, says it is Fast Charging, but battery still depletes. This is with the 2015-16 Samsung fast charge stand.