Anyone leave the S8+ and went with the Note 8? Would you return?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Got my Note 8 today from my local ups access point. It arrived there yesterday. This is an amazing phone and really loving it

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone gotten their free gift yet or has gotten a and confirmation that is being processed because usually it takes weeks to get those if you have to go through Samsung to get it but mine is out for delivery today! I'm really leary right now I've never have gotten one of their promotions in less than 6 weeks or so. Anyone else get theirs yet?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone gotten their free gift yet or has gotten a and confirmation that is being processed because usually it takes weeks to get those if you have to go through Samsung to get it but mine is out for delivery today! I'm really leary right now I've never have gotten one of their promotions in less than 6 weeks or so. Anyone else get theirs yet?
I registered Friday or maybe it was Thursday night. I got an approved email yesterday. Doesn't show shipped yet.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I had an s8+ and while i liked it, the note 8 is what I have really been waiting for. Love this phone and just sold my s8+.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Samsung has actually been fulfilling those pretty quickly with the Note 7 and S8 and it looks to continue with the Note 8. I registered for the camera on Wednesday, immediate approval, FedEx picked it up yesterday and currently scheduled for delivery Tuesday. If it's out for delivery you should get it today because these packages ship FedEx home delivery which delivers on Saturday.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I switched. I am a Note user sense the very first Note. I have to have the S-Pen for work. I use AutoCad 360 app when I am mobile so really need the fine point on the S-Pen for checking dimensions.

This camera is great worth the upgrade for sure. The way the screen curves on the Note 8 give it more screen realestate. It's hard to explain even though the screen is only .1 inches bigger it feels like it is way more than that. The pro tools that come with it keep me more productive on the go.

Anyways I switched and am glad I did I won't be going back.

SlippySlimm

Banned
May 8, 2017
Visit site
I bought in and ordered the Note 8 around 1 p.m. and selected overnight shipping from verizon. I will have in hand by tomorrow at my workplace. I am sending back my S8+ that had on a device payment plan and even got the verizon rep to consider it as if I had paid it off in full and was trading it in giving me 50% off the total price of the Note 8. Thanks everyone

How did you get the rep to consider it paid in full for the trade in?? You sure you didn't just have it paid off already enough to trade, because you don't have to pay in full to trade. I think it's like 50% you have to pay, or something like that.

I really want to trade the s8+ for the note 8 right now, so I'm curious how you made that happen. Thanks!

Btw... I was a 2x Note 7 owner. Still have my receipts somewhere.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have both the S8+ and the Note 8 in my hands right now and there really is very little difference. Screen looks the same, text looks the same and a 1440 HDR You Tube video looks identical. With 1 hour of heavy use on both phones doing the exact same things the S8+ is at 84% battery and the Note 77%. All I can say is if you find benefit from the S Pen then go for the Note 8 if not the S8 + is fine.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I signed up for my free gift using Samsung Shop app, Gear 360 on 9/6. I received confirmation, and approval in less than an hour later. FedEx app has a delivery date of Monday, 9/11.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it likely that the S8 will be $10/month and the S8+ be $15/month come Black Friday (just as their prior generation phones were last year and the year before)?

So, $240/$360 seems like a lot better deal - no?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I signed up for my free gift using Samsung Shop app, Gear 360 on 9/6. I received confirmation, and approval in less than an hour later. FedEx app has a delivery date of Monday, 9/11.
Well I knew it was too good to be true I signed up for mine on Tuesday evening no Wednesday the 6th they approved it right away to for me and then next thing I know I'm getting a tracking number so I click on it and it says to be delivered on 98 by the end of the day well I kind of knew that wasn't going to happen as I said previously so I waited all day yesterday and course I went back to FedEx and checked and that had been changed and said pending so I knew it wasn't going to come that fast!

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I have both the N8 is what I've been waiting for so the S8+ was just to kill the time. It's been sitting permanently in my Gear VR.

As far as the free gift registered for the 360 camera on Thursday got shipping on Friday should be arriving Monday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37