Wireless Charging issue?

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So, I got to work with my New Note 8, and put it on my wireless charger that charges my S7 Edge fine. It started to charge, then it said paused, and charge again, paused and it keeps going in a loop like this. I unplugged the cable and plugged it into the phone and it fast charges fine. Why would this wireless charger work with my s7 edge but not my note 8?

sean48238

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
So, I got to work with my New Note 8, and put it on my wireless charger that charges my S7 Edge fine. It started to charge, then it said paused, and charge again, paused and it keeps going in a loop like this. I unplugged the cable and plugged it into the phone and it fast charges fine. Why would this wireless charger work with my s7 edge but not my note 8?

What type of wireless changer are you using? Is it the older Samsung one that that's vertical? It might be because of the position of the coils because the note a taller device.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the older fast charge Samsung charger and my phone charged to 100% then never charged up after. Somehow my phone then drained down to 94% after. Will keep an eye on it .

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
So it's confirmed that we can't use the older wireless charger from our S7E on the Note 8? Disappointing if true as I was going to keep mine to charge the Note 8 with at work....

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
The wireless chargers are temperamental you need to use the oem cable and charging brick with the charger.

Yes i learned this when i got mine a while back. I was wondering why it wouldnt charge with the case on, then i realized i wasnt using the oem cable and charging brick. once i fixed that i was gravy.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So it's confirmed that we can't use the older wireless charger from our S7E on the Note 8? Disappointing if true as I was going to keep mine to charge the Note 8 with at work....

I charged my phone with my old charger last night. worked fine. its just about placement i believe.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I would check what others have said, OEM cord and brick, as well as check your positioning. I got my Note8 at work yesterday, and dropped it right on my older samsung fast wireless charger, and it topped off without issue.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So if we chose the wireless charger as our free gift, will it come with an OEM brick and cable? Because the whole reason I chose that was to bring the charger to my desk at work, and use the charger that came with the phone at home.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
So if we chose the wireless charger as our free gift, will it come with an OEM brick and cable? Because the whole reason I chose that was to bring the charger to my desk at work, and use the charger that came with the phone at home.

It should. I know every wireless charger i have bought came with one.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

Yes, you get the same new fast wireless charger that is in regular OEM packaging as you would if you just went into Best Buy or Target and bought it there.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a OtterBox Case on mine and it came up with a blinking light so I turned it on it's side to charge and it worked just fine.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I use wireless charging exclusively. But I don't use the OEM charger. I've used the same chargers for years. Never a problem with Note 8, Note 7, S8+ or S7 Edge.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened with the s8 and s8 Plus. My wireless charger wouldn't work with it despite being fine before. I tried various different cables and charging bricks and finally found the only one that would work... the old iPad 10 charging brick. That worked fine

bojackr1

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I use my old TYLT Vue wireless charger that I brought about 4 years ago and an old rusty CHOE Stadium Qi charging pad that I brought from Amazon in 2014. Both work flawlessly with my Note 8 and as a matter of fact, I've yet to charge my Note 8 with a cable.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I use my old TYLT Vue wireless charger that I brought about 4 years ago and an old rusty CHOE Stadium Qi charging pad that I brought from Amazon in 2014. Both work flawlessly with my Note 8 and as a matter of fact, I've yet to charge my Note 8 with a cable.

thank you! I was waiting to hear about the TYLT. still using mine. it worked for my N3, N4, & N7. any placement issues? also, are you using a case and which one? thanks.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you get the same new fast wireless charger that is in regular OEM packaging as you would if you just went into Best Buy or Target and bought it there.

Thanks! I figured it was the same as if it was bought at Best Buy, I just wasn't sure if it came with the charging brick because I've never bought one before. I know sometimes you get accessories (like the charging cradle for a smart watch) that doesn't come with a plug, so you have to use one you already have.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech