Home Button on Lock Screen

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Here's something I haven't figured out and it's driving me crazy. So I do NOT use always on display. With the absence of a physical home button now, whenever I need to unlock the phone I always have to now press the power button to the side of the phone. I know with always on display, the home icon is on the screen and I can double tap it to unlock. Does anyone know how to get a home icon on the lock screen without using always on display?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Here's something I haven't figured out and it's driving me crazy. So I do NOT use always on display. With the absence of a physical home button now, whenever I need to unlock the phone I always have to now press the power button to the side of the phone. I know with always on display, the home icon is on the screen and I can double tap it to unlock. Does anyone know how to get a home icon on the lock screen without using always on display?
If you use your FPS, just touch that and it should unlock. I use AOD, so not sure if that works if you don't use AOD. give that a try

sistasweetpea

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I know you have the always on display turned off, but if you turn it on, there is an option to just have the home button on the screen and nothing else.

bluej3

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Also there is one more option

The S8 has a pressure-sensitive area at the bottom of its display where the on-screen home button sits.
All you have to do is hard press the area where the home button would be and it’ll activate. You can even turn off Always-on Display and still hard press the area, even with a fully blacked-out screen.

In Settings>Display>Navigation Bar - the option should be turned “ON” for “Unlocked with Home Button.” This allows you to hard press the home button from the lock screen and fully unlock your phone.

Hope this helps as well.

jdrake73

May 30, 2010
Visit site

The S8 has a pressure-sensitive area at the bottom of its display where the on-screen home button sits.
All you have to do is hard press the area where the home button would be and it’ll activate. You can even turn off Always-on Display and still hard press the area, even with a fully blacked-out screen.

In Settings>Display>Navigation Bar - the option should be turned “ON” for “Unlocked with Home Button.” This allows you to hard press the home button from the lock screen and fully unlock your phone.

Hope this helps as well.
Perfect! I was really missing my home button!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

Hope this helps as well.

This this this. Lol. Found this out last night when I turned off my AOD to see if I could just press the area where the home button would be and it worked. Love it. Thanks for bringing this up.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You can also just press where the home button is (slightly more pressure) and hold for like 2 seconds. That is how I always bring up my lock screen.

bluej3

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
This this this. Lol. Found this out last night when I turned off my AOD to see if I could just press the area where the home button would be and it worked. Love it. Thanks for bringing this up.

Wow! That is nice you were able to find it on your own! It is a cool feature! And ur welcome!

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Oh really?! That is interesting! I thought the concept of virtual home buttons were kinda new...may b it is just me.

what's funny, is that now that it's virtual again, and I'm so used to hardware home button, I'll feel a little lost at first. always thought it was kind of odd to have a hardware home button and other buttons virtual. this will at least feel congruous.

all things are eventually new again.

bluej3

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
what's funny, is that now that it's virtual again, and I'm so used to hardware home button, I'll feel a little lost at first. always thought it was kind of odd to have a hardware home button and other buttons virtual. this will at least feel congruous.

all things are eventually new again.

Oh yeah! That is true! Now everything is apt and new again

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site

Hope this helps as well.
Fantastic! I'll keep this in mind for when I get mine.

Thanks a lot! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC