Verizon note 8 will not have annual upgrade, can anyone confirm this?

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have the verizon note 8 and one of the NYC store managers that I go through to get my phones just told me that they had a meeting with corporate and that the note 8 will not be eligible for annual upgrade per samsung's wishes.

Has anyone else heard differently or can confirm this fact? I had just assumed that it wasn't on the annual upgrade list on the verizon website as it hasn't been officially released but now I'm not so sure.

When did the S8 get added to the annual upgrade list?

LennyV

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I have read it is not annual upgrade eligible on the Verizon forums. This is the only reason I am holding off on ordering one. It is bad enough that I ordered my S7E a few days past 9/10/17 when that device was taken off the annual upgrade list. A year later and verizon wants me to pay off this phone before trading into another. I know about the 480 credit on the new Note 8 but I will just be stuck in the same place next year.

I am hoping they add the Note 8 to the annual upgrade list in the future.

xiaosong

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, my wife and I both got screwed by Verizon over that. On our second exchange of our Note 7 for S7E, it was in october so we had to pay quite a lot to pay off both S7E to upgrade to the Note 8.

Do people know when the S8 and S8+ were added to the annual upgrade list?

This question in the FAQ makes me think it was after the pre-order for the S8.

"If I pre-ordered a Galaxy S8 or S8+, do I still qualify for the annual upgrade program?
Yes.

If you pre-ordered the Galaxy S8 or S8+ on a Verizon Wireless device payment agreement, and activate it, you’re eligible for this annual upgrade program."

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...gram-for-samsung-devices-faqs/&token=TsrRIkMR

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't until after the release date if I remember correctly. That's why I figured the Note 8 would be a part of it. If it isn't, that's just crazy. It's already expensive AF. Wouldn't want to be stuck with it for 2 years.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the verizon note 8 and one of the NYC store managers that I go through to get my phones just told me that they had a meeting with corporate and that the note 8 will not be eligible for annual upgrade per samsung's wishes.

Has anyone else heard differently or can confirm this fact? I had just assumed that it wasn't on the annual upgrade list on the verizon website as it hasn't been officially released but now I'm not so sure.

When did the S8 get added to the annual upgrade list?

Can't imagine this is "per Samsung's wishes".. TMobile will let me Jump when 50% paid off, and why wouldn't Samsung want you to upgrade to the Note 9? I think this is more of a "Verizon wants their 900 dollars" thing.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
It's true they're not offering it on annual upgrade which is the exact reason my husband and I switched to AT&T. From what I was told, they're not offering it for any phones whatsoever, so it's not just the Note 8. But, they're 100% lying about it being due to Samsung. Several reps gave me that same excuse before we switched but had nothing to say when I said they were the only carrier that's not offering it on annual upgrades. Imo, they're just making excuses because they don't want people to realize how greedy they are.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm brand new to Verizon & I got the Note8 with the BestBuy/Verizon deal. So, does that mean if I wanted to upgrade in a year, I STILL NEED to pay off the full $960. value for the N8??

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
When I pre ordered mine, the salesman told me that as long as my phone was paid 50%, I would be able to upgrade.

Awesome! Did you double check your contract to make sure it said upgrade eligible at 50% paid? I ask because unfortunately, some reps will say anything to get the sale.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm brand new to Verizon & I got the Note8 with the BestBuy/Verizon deal. So, does that mean if I wanted to upgrade in a year, I STILL NEED to pay off the full $960. value for the N8??

It's supposed to be written somewhere in your device payment agreement. If you can't find it there, call up Verizon. They'll be able to tell you for sure.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you will.
No it says I have to pay 960.00 to upgrade early :(
Yeah, they lied to you. On their FAQ for annual upgrade plans, it specifically mentions that it's not available for the Note 8.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I know it matters to alot of people but, doesn't bother me cause by the time I'm ready to upgrade I'll either pay off the note8 or add another line:) but that's me.

Last edited:

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
When I pre-ordered mine I was told the annual upgrade was for all Samsung and Apple phones with Verizon; it was actually part of the sales pitch to push me to upgrade.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
When I pre-ordered mine I was told the annual upgrade was for all Samsung and Apple phones with Verizon; it was actually part of the sales pitch to push me to upgrade.

This happened to me once, after fighting with them about it, they caved and let me upgrade.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I know it matters to alot of people but, doesn't bother me cause by the time I'm ready to upgrade I'll either pay off the note8 or add another line:) but that's me.
Yeah I just don't see the point of paying off a phone that I'll likely never use again when I could just send it back and continue my monthly payments, and I've got no reason to add another line.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I just don't see the point of paying off a phone that I'll likely never use again when I could just send it back and continue my monthly payments, and I've got no reason to add another line.
After the note 7 recall there were a lot of people without a phone because they traded in their only phone. It's always good to have a good back up phone. I kept my s8+ to have a back up I would be ok with going back to if I needed to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams