The Note 8 has a physical problem light leakage from edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a really weird glow on my note 8. The edges when I have the device on are leaking light. No way this is supposed to be this way.
It's even noticeable by just touching the edges of the phone. The top screen and back glass don't meet the middle metal as the galaxy s8 plus and g8 do. So having the phone on shows light leakage I thought at first it was me being picky but nope something is off with the physical make. I think by making this phone squared on the 4 corners might be a problem. Will this hold for the life of the phone? I did write to Samsung and notify them through email with pictures. As a consumer I'm paying close to 1k on a phoneI expect the build to be flawless. Does anyone else see this light leak coming from the edges. Slowly tilt the phone when the screen is on and you will closely see this. I do have a screen protector and the light reflects.

IMG-20170907-WA0055.jpg
IMG-20170907-WA0002.jpgIMG-20170907-WA0056.jpg

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed a really weird glow on my note 8. The edges when I have the device on are leaking light. No way this is supposed to be this way.
It's even noticeable by just touching the edges of the phone. The top screen and back glass don't meet the middle metal as the galaxy s8 plus and g8 do. So having the phone on shows light leakage I thought at first it was me being picky but nope something is off with the physical make. I think by making this phone squared on the 4 corners might be a problem. Will this hold for the life of the phone? I did write to Samsung and notify them through email with pictures. As a consumer I'm paying close to 1k on a phoneI expect the build to be flawless. Does anyone else see this light leak coming from the edges. Slowly tilt the phone when the screen is on and you will closely see this. I do have a screen protector and the light reflects.

View attachment 267637
View attachment 267638View attachment 267639

Some people had this problem with the note7. I didn't. And I don't have this issue with my note8 either. Glad cause it would drive me nuts.

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Some people had this problem with the note7. I didn't. And I don't have this issue with my note8 either. Glad cause it would drive me nuts.

I expect to get another one if this is a defect why am I going to be stuck with this defective note it's so clear the middle metal chasis doesn't meet the top screen I do have a case but it's driving me crazy. I've been a loyal Samsung fan but this is ridiculous.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Note7 and lol a feature? Sorry but looks better without that so called feature:)

Yep. They really called it a feature. People were like well why don't they all have this feature? I can't remember the explanation but it was actually covered in the owner's manuel.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I expect to get another one if this is a defect why am I going to be stuck with this defective note it's so clear the middle metal chasis doesn't meet the top screen I do have a case but it's driving me crazy. I've been a loyal Samsung fan but this is ridiculous.
Yelp I don't blame you. I would take it back to where you got it and exchange it for sure. That would be too distracting for me and I won't pay almost $1,000 for that. So yeah definitely exchange it. Hope your next one is 100% better.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Yep. They really called it a feature. People were like well why don't they all have this feature? I can't remember the explanation but it was actually covered in the owner's manuel.
I'm sorry but lmao. I like my phones 100% completely sealed with no light leakage

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if that is a defect, but I certainly had the illuminated line effect on my Note 7 and read various threads about whether it was part of the design or not, but I got used to it and it didn't bother me.....

But....... looking closely at the pics, and seeing none of this on my Note 8, it would most definitely be an issue for me...... send that unit back!!!!

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if that is a defect, but I certainly had the illuminated line effect on my Note 7 and read various threads about whether it was part of the design or not, but I got used to it and it didn't bother me.....

But....... looking closely at the pics, and seeing none of this on my Note 8, it would most definitely be an issue for me...... send that unit back!!!!

Yes see I know a co worker who got his same day as me and I noticed it right away. Something is off

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
If sent from carrier, just go to the local store. That's pretty noticeable and they can compare to their in store units if not. I'd say they'd exchange it right away-and if they don't have any in store yet, then get another shipped out to you asap. Samsung doesn't want ANY issues being reported with this phone!

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 267637
View attachment 267638View attachment 267639

Lol, you might want to look at your Edge settings under display.

Attachments

• 1558.jpg
    1558.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 228

Oscar Maradiaga

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

After my intensive email to Samsung with pictures they admitted it was a defective Device. I told them after last year's debacle with the note 7 this is unacceptable. They said it's a delaminatin gissue with the Screen. I knew I was right something was off it's clear the Metal chassis is is protruding. I already called Sprint and they're sending me a brand new one all I have to do is return this 1 once I get the return key.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
After my intensive email to Samsung with pictures they admitted it was a defective Device. I told them after last year's debacle with the note 7 this is unacceptable. They said it's a delaminatin gissue with the Screen. I knew I was right something was off it's clear the Metal chassis is is protruding. I already called Sprint and they're sending me a brand new one all I have to do is return this 1 once I get the return key.

Glad you got it taken care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084