09-16-2017 11:41 PM
83 123 ...
tools
    All right. I’m torn. Long time IPhone user here although I had a Note 7 last year and I am eligible for the N8 deal. Got a LG G4 for cheap and I’m going to use that to trade if I get the N8. I went to iPhone 7 Plus after the N7 and I went to the Note series because of all the things it could do. I’m torn between seeing what the new iPhone 8 is like and getting a Note 8. I ordered the N8 today and then cancelled because I want to make sure I hear what Apple is going to do. Anyway, anyone have the iPhone 7 Plus and have the N8 or want to get it? Is he Note better for business and power use than the iPhone? Other advantages?
    09-07-2017 10:51 PM
    I have both, traded my V20 for the Note 8 and plan on keeping the 7+ for a bit. I don't necessarily use my phone as a work horse but I love everything about the device over the iPhone and the OS. All depends on what you'd like from the device.

The iPhone 8 would have to be a significant upgrade with an even more significant advancement in its OS for me to even consider it. Note all the way for me
    09-07-2017 10:56 PM
    All right. I’m torn. Long time IPhone user here although I had a Note 7 last year and I am eligible for the N8 deal. Got a LG G4 for cheap and I’m going to use that to trade if I get the N8. I went to iPhone 7 Plus after the N7 and I went to the Note series because of all the things it could do. I’m torn between seeing what the new iPhone 8 is like and getting a Note 8. I ordered the N8 today and then cancelled because I want to make sure I hear what Apple is going to do. Anyway, anyone have the iPhone 7 Plus and have the N8 or want to get it? Is he Note better for business and power use than the iPhone? Other advantages?
    Wait for the iPhone 8 and pick which one you like more both will be solid choices
    09-07-2017 11:02 PM
    There's only a few more days until they reveal the iPhone 8 etc. Ride it out and wait it's that close. I'm currently in a s8+ and torn between keeping it or changing it to the iphone 8 or note 8 !
    09-08-2017 02:06 AM
    I have both, traded my V30 for the Note 8 and plan on keeping the 7+ for a bit. I don't necessarily use my phone as a work horse but I love everything about the device over the iPhone and the OS. All depends on what you'd like from the device.

The iPhone 8 would have to be a significant upgrade with an even more significant advancement in its OS for me to even consider it. Note all the way for me
    You have the V30 already?...lol
    DMP89145 likes this.
    09-08-2017 02:23 AM
    I would have thought if you have to ask, then the iPhone is probably the device for you.
    09-08-2017 03:22 AM
    You are holding a iPhone 7+ now, not some old obsolete phone that you must change immediately. Of course wait!
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-08-2017 03:23 AM
    I would have thought if you have to ask, then the iPhone is probably the device for you.
    Only a Note purist would say that. LOL. I like both platforms and if it were last years iPhone, I would have already ordered the Note 8 and stuck with it. If the new iPhone is lagging behind the Note 8 in any way, then that will also push me toward the Note. iPhone has a lot of innovation gap to fill.
    09-08-2017 05:46 AM
    You are holding a iPhone 7+ now, not some old obsolete phone that you must change immediately. Of course wait!
    Right.
    09-08-2017 05:47 AM
    The biggest thing for me besides hardware is software. And iOS 11 is the same as always. For me since iOS has barely changed in years a few added features hardware wise isn't all that enticing.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    09-08-2017 06:01 AM
    I have both, traded my V30 for the Note 8 and plan on keeping the 7+ for a bit. I don't necessarily use my phone as a work horse but I love everything about the device over the iPhone and the OS. All depends on what you'd like from the device.

The v30 is out?
    aximtreo and DMP89145 like this.
    09-08-2017 06:08 AM
    I was also torn, but really wanted another Note. With the s-pen, it has something really unique that you won't get anywhere else. So, in the end, I couldn't refuse it. I also have an iPad Pro 10.5, and will use it for my iOS fix. I think it's a great showcase for iOS 11 - likely better than the new iPhone. I'll sell my iPhone 7+, which is just hanging in a drawer at the moment.
    smooches680 likes this.
    09-08-2017 07:18 AM
    You'll have enough time to see what the iPhone 8's all about and and still get your Note 8 before the Samsung freebie promo window expires
    09-08-2017 07:32 AM
    I was on the fence too, but I pre-ordered the Note 8 and received it a couple of days ago and I'm very glad I did. It's definitely an upgrade from the S8+. As for the iPhone 8, I'm concerned that Apple made a few too many compromises with the technology of the device. No Touch ID is a big disappointment. That means you need to look at the phone every time you want to unlock it or use Apple Pay. And it sounds as if there are going to be shortages upon release. I'll still watch the Keynote to see if Apple has any surprises up their sleeve, but for now I'm happy with the Note 8.
    09-08-2017 07:34 AM
    There's only a few more days until they reveal the iPhone 8 etc. Ride it out and wait it's that close. I'm currently in a s8+ and torn between keeping it or changing it to the iphone 8 or note 8 !
    I had the S8+, and I will say the Note 8 is a definite upgrade. I'm getting better battery life with it over the S8+, and the overall shape of the phone is more asthetically pleasing, at least to me anyway.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-08-2017 07:37 AM
    I'm in the same exact situation. Long time iPhone user. Got tired of the same old same old so got the note 7. After 1st recall got the s7 edge and didn't like it at all. Got another note 7 till the 2nd recall. Decided to go back to iPhone 7. I was pumped when I heard about the note 8. Been following it and rumors of iPhone 8 closely and didn't know what to do. But then realized it has to be the note8. I placed my order today and got 425 on trade for an old iPhone 5
    09-08-2017 07:39 AM
    I'm waiting for the Apple event and then decide
    09-08-2017 08:43 AM
    Honestly in your case, I'd just take a look at the pricing. Is Apple likely to give you the same pricing? You can get the Note 8 for less than 500USD by trading in a phone. The Apple will cost you more.

That's just my take.
    aximtreo and TheLegoJoker like this.
    09-08-2017 09:03 AM
    I have both right now...I just got my N8 2 days ago and have the IPhone Plus,which I've had for several months. I have the IPhone for work, so that's actually what I use more, since I'm at work all day. Honestly there is no comparison. If you look at the screen, the Iphone is as big as this but the actual screen viewing area about 3/4 the size. The resolution and colors and the Note are so much nicer too. The iPhone is a bit wider, so the Note is more comfortable to handle. Since you have had android before, specifically Samsung, you know Samsung phones have the newest features first ... . so the Note does so much more. The company I work for is large and only wants to support one OS and Apple is "simple " so easier for any skill level. The simple piece is often why people go for the IPhone... You could always good to the T-Mobile store and compare them side by side.
    09-08-2017 09:27 AM
    You have the V30 already?...lol
    Meant to say v20, my phone just corrected it I guess since I've been talking about it so much
    jdfry15 and DMP89145 like this.
    09-08-2017 10:00 AM
    Between the fact that the Note 8 after trade in incentives is literally 50% of the iPhone 8 and the fact that iPhone 8 likely won't be available until November at the earliest, this is an easy call for now. If the iPhone 8 is awesome, sell you Note 8 in a few months for an iPhone. Reports this morning already saying iPhone 8 street date will be delayed until at least mid-October. Then it will be impossible to find for a month after that.
    09-08-2017 10:12 AM
    Warning: Rambling thoughts ahead

I've had the Note 8 for about 24 hours now.

I must have missed some big leap in performance, because this phone is faster than any Android phone I've used by a long shot. The last Android phone I used where I enjoyed the performance was the Nexus 6P, but this phone beats that by a good mile. The Galaxy S7 I tried for a few weeks never felt anywhere close to this good. I've even had instances where it's loading up apps faster than my iPhone 7 which is something I've never seen. Clearly Apple needs to shorten their animations at some point.

Not only that, but I love the glance feature for checking my baby on the Nest cam in her nursery, the split screen for youtube podcasts and browsing the web, and the S-Pen overall. It fundamentally changes the game when it comes to using the device. I knew this with the Note 4 when I had it, but it's nice to use it again.

iPhone 7 can still edit, update and process home videos much faster. iPhone 7's 3D Touch feature and Taptic system is something I will miss. Especially for quick replying from the lock screen with Whatsapp and iMessage. I will miss some fit and finish of iOS, and Apple's reworked notification systems that I liked. iPhone still handles some games better. Altos Adventure still has noticeable frame hitching which I chalk up to poor porting.

Iris scanner as a compliment to the fingerprint scanner eases that awkward placement, especially for a lefty such as myself. I've had a good experience with the iris scanner, smartlock, fingerprint as a combo for easily unlocking.

This screen is amazing coming from the LCD iPhone 7. That's a good LCD panel, but there's no comparison.

Bixby is laughable bad, and then once in awhile can surprise you with a great answer. I predict in a year Samsung will have a decently useable assistant.
    mgbosshogg and dohlo like this.
    09-08-2017 10:18 AM
    I decided to order the note 8 because I wanted a freshly new device. If I was to stay with Apple, I would've just kept my iPhone 7+, since I think there won't be any "wow factors", besides the hardware change. iPhone has been on a plateau.
    09-08-2017 10:25 AM
    I took out my GS8+ (N8 on order) to create a new contact in front of an iphone user (i'm previous iphone user) he was amazed to see the OS in action expecially how it autofilled some of the similar items for a group I had created for similar people which he was part of.
    09-08-2017 10:31 AM
    Apple's biggest selling point for the iPhone 8 is going to be a Samsung display, facial recognition and wireless charging. Very courageous and innovative 😂 You will definitely get more for your money with the N8. And even the pre order freebies are nice something Tim crook would never allow.
    Auronda40 likes this.
    09-08-2017 11:22 AM
83 123 ...