Just got my phone today and trying to transfer some pictures and other information from N5 to N8. What is the best way to do this? Can I connect them via USB cable? Which adapters would I use as the ones included with N8 don't seem to be the proper ones? Thanks in advance for any help.
    09-07-2017 11:02 PM
    Everything you need is in the box. Just follow the Smart Switch app instructions and you're done! Select the data that you want to transfer from the Note 5 to the 8 and that's it. It's probably the easiest way of doing it.

OTG microUSB should be in the box for the Note 5, that's pretty much all you need (that, and of course, the USB-C cable from your new Note)
    09-07-2017 11:14 PM
    Use smart switch. You can do it over your wireless network.
    09-07-2017 11:14 PM
    Just got my phone today and trying to transfer some pictures and other information from N5 to N8. What is the best way to do this? Can I connect them via USB cable? Which adapters would I use as the ones included with N8 don't seem to be the proper ones? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Lol yea, make sure you look at exactly what you want to transfer. Apparently I had to leave the 93K+ texts off the list. 😅😅
    Attached Thumbnails Transferring Data From Note 5 to Note 8-4824.jpg  
    09-07-2017 11:19 PM
    Use smart switch. You can do it over your wireless network.
    I tried this way first but I am having problems connecting over Wi-Fi.
    09-07-2017 11:29 PM
    Everything you need is in the box. Just follow the Smart Switch app instructions and you're done! Select the data that you want to transfer from the Note 5 to the 8 and that's it. It's probably the easiest way of doing it.

OTG microUSB should be in the box for the Note 5, that's pretty much all you need (that, and of course, the USB-C cable from your new Note)
    Thanks, I'm having trouble connecting them via usb. I have usb c connected to Note 8 but the larger and of that cable does not fit into the micro usb adapter unless I'm missing something?
    09-07-2017 11:33 PM
    Thanks, I'm having trouble connecting them via usb. I have usb c connected to Note 8 but the larger and of that cable does not fit into the micro usb adapter unless I'm missing something?
    I think it goes the other way around. Just follow the visual prompts from Smart Switch, it'll show you which adapter goes into which phone. IIRC the OTG adapter goes into your Note 8 since you're connecting the Note 5 as an external device.
    09-07-2017 11:52 PM
    I think it goes the other way around. Just follow the visual prompts from Smart Switch, it'll show you which adapter goes into which phone. IIRC the OTG adapter goes into your Note 8 since you're connecting the Note 5 as an external device.
    Ok so I think my issue is the usb connector that came with the note 8 does not fit into the note 8 port. Perhaps I'm wrong? The usb connector I'm trying to use is the larger square one that came with the phone. Is this the correct one?
    09-08-2017 07:03 AM
    Not sure if the one you have is wrong (you shouldn't), but yeah, it should be the larger square one. One prong is USB-C (which fits into the Note 8), and the other side is a normal USB female input.

Here's a video of how it connects on the S8; it should be the same for the Note 8 since both share the USB-C input.

And this one seems to confirm it (Note 8)
    09-09-2017 10:03 PM