Issues with Live Message

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Every time i try to send one of these fancy new live messages via text, i get a failed text notification. I'm using textra as my messaging app. Is anyone else having issues sending live messages thru as texts? Thanks!

chinook146

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Every time i try to send one of these fancy new live messages via text, i get a failed text notification. I'm using textra as my messaging app. Is anyone else having issues sending live messages thru as texts? Thanks!
I had to change my MMS behavior to "Legacy" under MMS settings. Then I could send them.

avandie

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm not using Textra... I'm just using the messaging app that came with the phone, and I'm having the same issue. I have been through the message settings several times and can't find any type of setting that limits the message size. Help!

avandie

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm not using Textra... I'm just using the messaging app that came with the phone, and I'm having the same issue. I have been through the message settings several times and can't find any type of setting that limits the message size. Help!

avandie

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I finally just gave up and switched to Textra... and the problem was solved! I also really like Textra. Hopefully it won't have any problems with compatibility with other Note 8 functions or Android Wear for my smart watch.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Live Message works for me on the stock Samsung App. I don't think it's supported on other messaging apps. At least I haven't gotten it to work.

Edit: Just as I said this, I got Textra to work with Live Message. LOL. User error. So both work for me.

JustPassin

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
Anyone has the note 8 and not able to send live messages through text?
I currently have wifi calling enabled.
I Can send sms and picture messages.
But cannot send the live messages or Gifs
Carrier is tmobile

768dca83391eefea5fd88df433930072.jpg

1bda23cee907748f0ee6bb92f66d55bf.gif

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Lol. I can't leave tmobile. are you saying I won't be able to use live messages cause of limit with tmobile?
just above where it says "MMS Behavior...Legacy" is a line that says "carrier send limit... 600". modify that to whatever you want. mine is set to 1000kb. yours is set to 600. not sure that's the issue, but worth a try, no?

JustPassin

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
just above where it says "MMS Behavior...Legacy" is a line that says "carrier send limit... 600". modify that to whatever you want. mine is set to 1000kb. yours is set to 600. not sure that's the issue, but worth a try, no?
Whoops.

OK thanks for helping me. I I fixed it by

Disabled WiFi calling because despite having set to Prefer Cellular the Note 8 is enabling WiFi Calling anyway.

Last edited: