Missing a few items from Pixel

SDBOWTIE

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys,

Don't let the title fool you I love the Note 8 and I like it much better than my Pixel XL. Just a few things I'm missing after day 1...

1. The finger print scanner!! Oh man the Pixel had it in the PERFECT spot! Wish Samsung would have put in a better spot but I'm sure I will adjust after a few days...How does the facial and Iris scanner work? Are you guys finding that easier than the fingerprint scanner?

2. THE GIFSSSS!!! Man I can't tell you how handy these are for roasting your friends in group chat! Does Samsung have any version of this? For those of you who have never used a pixel there was a GIF button right on the keyboard and it would search the internet for whatever type of GIF you wanted...It's awesome. I'm hoping theres a way to get that onto the Samsung keyboard without having to entirely swap keyboards....any ideas?

Cheers!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
2. THE GIFSSSS!!! Man I can't tell you how handy these are for roasting your friends in group chat! Does Samsung have any version of this? For those of you who have never used a pixel there was a GIF button right on the keyboard and it would search the internet for whatever type of GIF you wanted...It's awesome. I'm hoping theres a way to get that onto the Samsung keyboard without having to entirely swap keyboards....any ideas?

Just install Gboard from the app store. That is Googles keyboard and it will allow you to use GIFs again :).

SDBOWTIE

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Just install Gboard from the app store. That is Googles keyboard and it will allow you to use GIFs again :).

Good call! I was hoping Samsung had a feature I was just missing but it looks like they don't...I'll just have to switch back and forth because I like that new live chat GIF creator...or whatever it's called on the samsung board lol

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
1. Fingerprint scanner is not in ideal position but you will get used to it after sometime and it'll be fine. Personally I'm still not that fond of Iris scanner because it takes more time for me to unlock using it and need to lift it up and hold against your face. I have both Iris scanner and fingerprint scanner set up but mostly use finger print scanner. But this depends on individual preference and you need to choose what works best for you.

2. As suggested, download Gboard. That's one of the first apps I download and use since can't use any Android phone without Gboard personally

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Good call! I was hoping Samsung had a feature I was just missing but it looks like they don't...I'll just have to switch back and forth because I like that new live chat GIF creator...or whatever it's called on the samsung board lol

Only issue with Gifs is the Samsung messages app doesn't support them, at least not on GBoard. Works great in Android Messenger though :)

SDBOWTIE

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Only issue with Gifs is the Samsung messages app doesn't support them, at least not on GBoard. Works great in Android Messenger though :)

I was just about to post this. I installed the gboard and everytime I select a GIF I get an error. So now I have to switch messaging apps too? Ahh that's lame...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was just about to post this. I installed the gboard and everytime I select a GIF I get an error. So now I have to switch messaging apps too? Ahh that's lame...

Yeah idk why. I personally use Textra and don't have an issue with it.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I think you're referring to live message, which can be done from Air Command using your SPen

keri2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Cheers!!

I use SwiftKey because it's my all-time favorite swipe keyboard and it's awesome. It's amazing at word prediction and it has a gif feature! Go try it out I promise you will not be disappointed.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I tap the emoji icon (bottom left of keyboard), click GIF, search, tap the one I want, and send :).
Whoa... How did I miss that!? I've been using Google keyboard for years and this might be the first time I've seen the emoji icon. Ha.

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer