Call Reccorder App

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I've used Automatic Call Recorder Pro on all the Notes I've had (3, 4, 5, 7 & now 8) with no problem, until I went to listen to a call I recorded yesterday. Extremely annoyed that it only recorded my voice.....on SOME calls.

Can't for the life of me figure out any pattern. Sometimes works w/speaker on, sometimes not. Sometimes works with headphones, sometimes not. Etc.

Googled a bit to see if anyone else was having issues & a found a topic on xda that went back several months. Someone said that Nougat 7.1.1 has a bug that's causing this (checked my N5 & it has 7.0, N8 has 7.1.1).

Someone else recommended Call Recorder - ACR. Giving that a shot now. There do seem to be less calls of only my voice. Pretty certain that the other party is consistently not recorded on speaker phone, but need more time to play with it and look for patterns. Gonna be calling a lot of Pizzerias tonight and ask when they close, lol!

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
After pulling my hair out for two weeks, I finally found a call recorder that works awesome on my Note 8! It's called...ready for this?...Call Recorder! It's by SKVALEX and has a free trial but I liked it so much and I'm so happy to be able to record all my calls again, I bought the paid version for $9.99! I was using Total Recall but it didn't work with my N8 and they couldn't figure out how to make it work so there's $10 down the drain, though it did work on my last two phones. Give this a try, it worked right away without having to change any settings! Just make sure you allow the 'notification' to be in the status bar, which you can choose to hide the icon and still have it there to keep app alive, also it's recommended to disable the app from task killers or power saving settings.

Attachments

• 19209.jpg
    19209.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 123

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
After pulling my hair out for two weeks, I finally found a call recorder that works awesome on my Note 8! It's called...ready for this?...Call Recorder! It's by SKVALEX and has a free trial but I liked it so much and I'm so happy to be able to record all my calls again, I bought the paid version for $9.99!...

Thank you for this. I'll definitely give it a try.

While Call Recorder ACR is recording both sides of more calls than Automatic Call Recorder was, it's still not consistent.

Have you by any chance made a number of calls using this yet? If so, do you know if all of them recorded both sides successfully?

Thanks!

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
After pulling my hair out for two weeks, I finally found a call recorder that works awesome on my Note 8! It's called...ready for this?...Call Recorder! It's by SKVALEX and has a free trial but I liked it so much and I'm so happy to be able to record all my calls again, I bought the paid version for $9.99! I was using Total Recall but it didn't work with my N8 and they couldn't figure out how to make it work so there's $10 down the drain, though it did work on my last two phones. Give this a try, it worked right away without having to change any settings! Just make sure you allow the 'notification' to be in the status bar, which you can choose to hide the icon and still have it there to keep app alive, also it's recommended to disable the app from task killers or power saving settings.

Nice, thanks!

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
After pulling my hair out for two weeks, I finally found a call recorder that works awesome on my Note 8! It's called...ready for this?...Call Recorder! It's by SKVALEX and has a free trial but I liked it so much and I'm so happy to be able to record all my calls again, I bought the paid version for $9.99!....

Just wanted to report back, so far so good! I've only made/received 11 calls since installing earlier, but each one recorded both sides. I also paid the $9.99, but at this point I'd have paid triple that just to find one that worked. I have come to rely heavily on the ability to record calls and was at a loss after receiving the Note 8 (w/Nougat 7.1.1).

Thank you so much for sharing this!

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for this. I'll definitely give it a try.

While Call Recorder ACR is recording both sides of more calls than Automatic Call Recorder was, it's still not consistent.

Have you by any chance made a number of calls using this yet? If so, do you know if all of them recorded both sides successfully?

Thanks!

EVERY call was recorded successfully! It's working flawlessly for me, over 40 calls. Works whether on speaker or earpiece.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just now got a call while on Bluetooth. Never expected that to work (never did in Automatic Call Recorder Pro), but it did. Very, very pleased. Very worthwhile $9.99 purchase :)

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I just now got a call while on Bluetooth. Never expected that to work (never did in Automatic Call Recorder Pro), but it did. Very, very pleased. Very worthwhile $9.99 purchase :)

Love it, it works better than the one I used to use on my Note 4 and S8, which missed a call now and then, like one every 9 or 10, and always seemed to be an important call. This is so much more reliable!

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Automatic Call Recorder ACR (paid version) from nllapps and it works most of the time on my N8 but not always like it did on my N4 which even worked on BT. Haven't checked BT headset yet on N8. Might have to try the one mentioned above to get 100% recordings again.

Last edited:

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
FYI - I've been using Automatic Call Recorder since I got my Note 4 back in 2014. So I installed it on my Note 8. I tried all combinations of settings for the app but all I would get were 0 (zero) byte recording files. So I contacted the apps support (Appliqato) and, after some back and forth trying various things, I learned that it does not work with wi-fi calling (Verizon). Most of the time, I have to use wi-fi calling because Verizon's signal is weak to non-existent at my house. I'm very disappointed. I really like the simplicity of this app. I've asked them if they plan add support for wi-fi calling but I haven't heard back from him yet.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
FYI - I've been using Automatic Call Recorder since I got my Note 4 back in 2014. So I installed it on my Note 8. I tried all combinations of settings for the app but all I would get were 0 (zero) byte recording files. So I contacted the apps support (Appliqato) and, after some back and forth trying various things, I learned that it does not work with wi-fi calling (Verizon). Most of the time, I have to use wi-fi calling because Verizon's signal is weak to non-existent at my house. I'm very disappointed. I really like the simplicity of this app. I've asked them if they plan add support for wi-fi calling but I haven't heard back from him yet.

Verizon strikes again. I just heard back from the author of Automatic Call Recorder on whether he plans to add support for wi-fi calling. He said, and I quote "I can't your device doesn't support recordings wifi calls".

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I too used Automatic Call Recorder up thru the Note 5. It didn't work on N 7 and I switched to Call Recorder by Boldbeast Software on the note 7 and loved it. Wife has it her S7 and will use it on her Note 8 when Sammy ships it. The free version you have to press a pop up button in the phone app to start. I don't need every call recorded anyway so it works out great. I did have some issues installing it on the N8 and their support was GREAT with responses within hours or minutes. For $10 bucks you can get it to automatically record all calls.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
What kind of permissions does this require?? Not trying to be Mr. Conspiracy, just kind of scary considering where this is being developed...

Screenshot_20170928-045559.jpg

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
Glad to see it's not just me experiencing call recording problems with ACR Pro. It worked flawlessly on my Note 4. Is the developer planning to fix this issue, so that it's not just recording my part of the conversation?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon