Call Reccorder App

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I just tried taking a screenshot and it worked. I don't understand WHY you'd want to, but to each their own. I don't know what device you're using but it works on my Note 8.

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Thought I'd throw this out there...but does anyone happen to know of another recording app that works on the Note8 with no issues? Maybe I'll look back at BoldBeast but the dev says you have to disable Bixby and OK Google, which I don't want to do. This is a deal breaker for me. Anyone know if Android Oreo will resolve all the recording issues? It seems Nougat gives these devs a lot of problems.

Thank you for pointing that out to me, i suspect i overlooked it cos i've yet to engage with bixby.

The dev suggested this to a s8 user:

"Most possibly, you enabled the OK Google app in your phone. The microphone is occupied by OK Google, it is picking up sound from the microphone to recognize your "voice command", this blocks Boldbeast working.

Please disable the "Settings > Google > Search > Voice > OK Google detection > From any screen" option in your phone, then it works at once."
https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic1438-galaxy-s8-call-recorder.html

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for pointing that out to me, i suspect i overlooked it cos i've yet to engage with bixby.

The dev suggested this to a s8 user:

"Most possibly, you enabled the OK Google app in your phone. The microphone is occupied by OK Google, it is picking up sound from the microphone to recognize your "voice command", this blocks Boldbeast working.

Please disable the "Settings > Google > Search > Voice > OK Google detection > From any screen" option in your phone, then it works at once."
https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic1438-galaxy-s8-call-recorder.html
Does anyone have Boldbeast and have it working flawlessly on their N8? (I had never even heard of that one until seeing it mentioned here in this thread.) The first thing I did when I got my phone was to disable Bixby and turn off Ok Google detection. Guess I need to try some different recording apps since ACR is still hit and miss. I hate trying new apps out when one fails to work like it should!

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have Boldbeast and have it working flawlessly on their N8? (I had never even heard of that one until seeing it mentioned here in this thread.) The first thing I did when I got my phone was to disable Bixby and turn off Ok Google detection. Guess I need to try some different recording apps since ACR is still hit and miss. I hate trying new apps out when one fails to work like it should!

yes, boldbeast does work flawlessly for me, but i haven't engaged with bixby and i disable most google stuff.

it's free, so here are the recommended settings:
"Samsung Galaxy Note8 doesn't need root, it records calls loudly and clearly in two sides.
Please use following settings to record calls:

- Record Mode: 1
- Record Format: MP3
- Tune Audio Effect: No
- Tune Audio Route: Group3
- Tune Samsung1: Yes
- Tune Samsung2: Yes
- Tune Samsung3: No

Note
================
Some users met this problem - "it records nothing, I click the record button but nothing is saved, and no error message is notified or displayed". In this case please update Boldbeast Recorder in your phone to V10.2 or a newer version, then it works at once. If needed please also see the [001] part in this page http://www.boldbeast.com/android/call_r … oting.html

Bluetooth Recording
================
Samsung Galaxy Note8 has many variants.
- Note8 variants with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset inside, bluetooth recording works perfectly.
- Note8 variants with the Samsung Exynos 8895 Octa chipset inside, no feedback from users so far about bluetooth recording."
https://www.boldbeast.com/forum/topic1501-samsung-galaxy-note8-call-recorder.html

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
... I also noticed this CR - SKVALEX app won't let you take screenshots of it. It says due to security policy but then in the HELP section I think I remember it asking for screenshots to help them see what issues someone is having......

I just tried to take a screen shot and it worked fine, but I do have the paid version. Not sure if that's why? (Chase banking app doesn't let you take screenshots - pisses me off to no end!)

I just tried taking a screenshot and it worked. I don't understand WHY you'd want to, but to each their own....

I've taken screenshots of my recording list when I was using Automatic Call Recorder Pro. There were several hospital stays that my Dad had over the course of the past 3-1/2 years, and a number of conflicts with certain hospital staff. Since I live several hours from my parents, most of my communications with medical staff are via phone.

Needing to frequently reference certain conversations repeatedly, it was getting too difficult to find the necessary recordings to reference. I kept screenshots of the ones I knew I'd need in a separate folder in Gallery, and could find them much quicker this way (some calls were via hospital phone, some via drs' cell phones, some private/blocked).

There are other reasons that I have, and probably countless reasons more I'll end up needing to again.

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Just got an email back from the dev and he doesn't seem to be much help. Seems like this may be a Note8 thing but would love to hear from someone using an S8 or even 7.1.1.

Here is his email...

"Hi Nick,

I’m not sure there’s a way to fix this issue. Have you tried other apps? Do they have this bug? I don’t own Note 8, so I cannot check it myself.

Best regards,
Alexander Skvortsov"

And here is his 2nd reply to some of my questions...

"There’s no difference between trial version and the full version except time limitation of use. So you won’t notice any changes if you purchase the app.
What other apps you've tried that work correctly?
Logs you may gather don’t contain info I need. So no need to send them.
I’m the one who develops the app.

Best regards,
Alexander Skvortsov"

Last edited:

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I just tried to take a screen shot and it worked fine, but I do have the paid version. Not sure if that's why? (Chase banking app doesn't let you take screenshots - pisses me off to no end!)

I've taken screenshots of my recording list when I was using Automatic Call Recorder Pro. There were several hospital stays that my Dad had over the course of the past 3-1/2 years, and a number of conflicts with certain hospital staff. Since I live several hours from my parents, most of my communications with medical staff are via phone.

Needing to frequently reference certain conversations repeatedly, it was getting too difficult to find the necessary recordings to reference. I kept screenshots of the ones I knew I'd need in a separate folder in Gallery, and could find them much quicker this way (some calls were via hospital phone, some via drs' cell phones, some private/blocked).

There are other reasons that I have, and probably countless reasons more I'll end up needing to again.

Ah, that makes sense. Fully understand. It works on my Note 8 though.

donas2000

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I also noticed this CR - SKVALEX app won't let you take screenshots of it. It says due to security policy but then in the HELP section I think I remember it asking for screenshots to help them see what issues someone is having...?

I just tried, no issues taking screenshots with paid version.

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm now using the paid version and just tried taking a screenshot and still...a small black window pops up in the bottom that says "can't take screenshot due to security policy" and my wife's Note8 says the same thing. Strange that people here can. Here's a pic...

By the way I added a screenshot of what it looks like when I try to add attachments to this forum. What a mess!

Attachments

• 20171025_102242.jpg
    20171025_102242.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20171025-111801.jpg
    Screenshot_20171025-111801.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 18

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm now using the paid version and just tried taking a screenshot and still...a small black window pops up in the bottom that says "can't take screenshot due to security policy" and my wife's Note8 says the same thing. Strange that people here can. Here's a pic...

By the way I added a screenshot of what it looks like when I try to add attachments to this forum. What a mess!

I wonder why. As I posted above, I get a similar msg trying to take a screenshot while in my Chase app.

Here's my recorder app screenshot:

87d0c7a0cc77989d21c009aff110f5b6.jpg

And I'm using the AC app, not my browser (tho most sites I do use my browser and not the app).

64036a4e595bcdc6cd86b646aea7e226.jpg

c523f4c34c07dae1e093fe0a9d780e7f.jpg

4ce1d230794284f8a1ca2e2d153f0ec3.jpg

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The developer confirmed I can't take a screenshot because I have a password setup to open the app.

Settings>Security>Require password

When I unchecked the box, closed the app and then owned it again, I could take screenshots. Cool!

Thx Sandra for the reminder to use the app. I keep using the browser and even in mobile view is not mobile friendly for attaching pics.

Here are the other questions I asked him for 2 & 3...

2. When I toggle the handset & speaker on/off by long pressing it, sometimes it only plays through the speaker, even if I have it set to play through the handset only. The audio output setting is set to handset speaker. It worked fine the other day and now it only plays through the speaker no matter what setting I have it on. It seems to be very inconsistent. ?

3. Under the menus Settings>Recording>Device I don't see the Note8 listed. I do see S8 and S8+. Is this maybe why I'm having issues with this app?

The developer of the app seems to be very quick to reply too! Here's the recent email he sent me answering my questions...

"Hi Nick,

1. The app prevents to take screenshot if there’s a password to enter the app in Settings > Security.

2. I’ll check it, thanks for the bug report.

3. Actually, I have plans to remove the list from the app at all. Maybe I won’t remove it soon, but it doesn’t do anything special on devices without root. So you may ignore the fact that Note 8 isn’t there.

I own OnePlus 3T and here the app keeps recording the other side while my side is muted.

Best regards,
Alexander Skvortsov"

Teamjones

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Ok...What does the app icon look like because I can't find it in the store. I really need an app like this.

Edit....nevermind.....I put the developers name in and found it. (I hate swing shifts)

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
There are so many that are just called Call Recorder, so hard to know what particular app you are all talking about.

I was using this Call Recorder app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enlightment.voicecallrecorder) for about a year on my Samsung Note 4. It has been Working PERFECTLY every time! Loved it, until I just got the Note 8 a couple days ago and went to play back a call today, and it only recorded my side of the call, not the other party! I have emailed the developer but no response yet. The trouble shooting info they had in the app was to NOT use a Bluetooth ear piece. I ALWAYS use a Bluetooth as had absolutely NO problems with it on the Note 4! So either need a fix for this perfect one, or need a new one??

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
The app with the devs name in it (skvalex) just type this in and you'll find it and it works great on the Note8. No issues with bluetooth either. The only issue I have is documented above (using speakerphone for some reason mutes the audio...so you can't do this and the dev doesn't know why this is either) but I haven't missed a recording otherwise...

I think you can use it for free for 2 weeks, see how you like it and then have to pay $9.99. Worth it, but would be nice if they fixed the speakerphone bug as this doesn't seem to be an issue on the S8's.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I might add that Boldbeast isn't an app I can recommend to any Note 8 user. It works most of the time but will fail at random saying I have another recording app running, which I don't (many others reporting the same issue). Then, on top of that and MANY other issues I was having (like LOTS of other N8 users), the developer's response to any issues is to just say that it "works perfectly" on the Note 8. He basically makes it sound like every single person having issues is an ***** and if they can't get his problematic app to work, it's their fault. On top of all this, he called me a liar. I happen to have screenshots of every single issue I have with the app to prove the issues. I wish I'd never paid the $10 for it. Might have to try the SKVALEX app.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for that heads up! I really loved the one I posted that I was using with my Note 4. It was Perfect in recording boths sides of the conversation and extremely clear. Wish the dev would email back with a fix. Not a fix of "don't use a bluetooth"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy