I was curious for those not getting an N8 for whatever reason, what else are you considering or excited about ?

I'm on the fence myself. Biggest reason to get one is the Verizion discount for N7 owners and would like expandable memory again. I bought a N5 as a hold over once returning my N7, so I'd still have an upgrade available when the N8 came out.

After such a long wait I'm just not thrilled about the design, was hoping for something a bit sexier. The new screen ratio is something I can't seem to get used to at the moment.

The new iPhone is on its way and others like the V30, I was interested to see if anyone is going for something else if not the N8. I'm already anxious for next year's Note, hoping it will be what I thought the N8 would be. Not sure if I can wait that long, or grab the N8 or something else though.
    09-08-2017 01:09 PM
    For me .. It seems just way similar to my S8+. The S-Pen doesn't differ enough (for me) in terms of usage. I am looking at the next Pixel (Pixel 2).
    tonydroid99 likes this.
    09-08-2017 02:01 PM
    I'm looking at the Note 8, LG V30, Pixel XL 2 or the S8+. Looks like a good phone, I just have to wait to see the Pixel XL.
    09-09-2017 09:58 AM
    Waiting for the price to settle in. Until then, the Note 5 will do its job,
    09-09-2017 10:40 AM
    The Pixel XL 2 is going to closely resemble the LG V30 but I'm excited for it. I currently have the S8+ and just love this phone I see no need to get a NOTE8 for a few reasons .
    1. S8+ has a bigger battery and more curves so its easy to hold and use with one hand.
    2. Note8 doesn't have the 50% upgrade @ Verizon while my S8+ does!
    3. The Note8 just doesnt have enough for me to get it. I hate the iPhone and iOS so no matter what they come out with I will never get one. The Pixel XL2 is more than likely my next phone then followed by the Note9
    09-09-2017 10:50 AM
    I am not getting the Note 8 just yet.... I want to see if there are any issues with the new phone. I also want to see what the new iPhone will be like. Need to make sure I make the right decision before dropping g $1k.
    09-09-2017 01:05 PM
    Personally I'm waiting for all of the announcements, make a choice, and then just walk in a store and leave with it. I'm over the pre-order then wait process.
    j_hansen likes this.
    09-09-2017 03:07 PM
    Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro
    freddyttt likes this.
    09-09-2017 03:12 PM
    Staying with the 8+, FTW! I find the pen use with smaller portrait surface and the pronounced curves inferior to the Note 4 and 7. Writing is more practical with a flat and wider surface. Yep, you can use the pen fine, but weaker ergonomics than previous devices.
    09-09-2017 08:49 PM
    I was curious for those not getting an N8 for whatever reason, what else are you considering or excited about ?

I'm on the fence myself. Biggest reason to get one is the Verizion discount for N7 owners and would like expandable memory again. I bought a N5 as a hold over once returning my N7, so I'd still have an upgrade available when the N8 came out.

After such a long wait I'm just not thrilled about the design, was hoping for something a bit sexier. The new screen ratio is something I can't seem to get used to at the moment.

The new iPhone is on its way and others like the V30, I was interested to see if anyone is going for something else if not the N8. I'm already anxious for next year's Note, hoping it will be what I thought the N8 would be. Not sure if I can wait that long, or grab the N8 or something else though.
    Video explains it all:

Too similar to S8+, price is way too high, don't like the FPS placement, don't need S Pen or Bixby, phone is kinda too tall. V30 is looking better to me and my bank account.
    09-10-2017 01:38 AM
    Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro
    Looks very interesting
    09-10-2017 01:50 AM
    I want one, but my S7 still runs flawless and I have better uses for the money.
    09-10-2017 02:09 AM
    I have no use for the S pen nor for a second camera. I'm still very much in love with my S8+ which looks more elegant with its prettier rounded edges and has bigger battery.
    09-10-2017 02:21 AM
    Won't buy it, Note 8 doesn't really offer anything over the amazing Mate 9, it's even a downgrade in screen real estate and battery life, also Mate 10 is almost here and it shaping up to be the best phone out of the bunch, don't care about Pixel as it offers nothing i want.
    09-10-2017 03:04 AM
    I was leaning heavily toward the N8 after the Pixel XL 2 leaks were so lackluster but after seeing it in person, I'm distinctly underwhelmed. I can't say why exactly, except the silo form factor will take a lot of getting used to, and it's not a remarkable improvement over my current N4. There's nothing else interesting on the horizon until this time next year, so I may continue on with the N4 as long as its performance is acceptable.
    09-10-2017 01:45 PM
    waiting on the V30 and Mate 10...... note, mate or V..... also Pixel . then ill figure it out
    09-10-2017 02:39 PM