I dropped my Note 8 and it was undamaged

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I DO NOT understand why people use these phones without a case. But hey, Insurance companies stay in business this way.
Because I like the look and feel of the phone in my hand. I find even clear minimal cases to be ugly and feel terrible, nevermind those big plastic bricks people throw on them

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Because I like the look and feel of the phone in my hand. I find even clear minimal cases to be ugly and feel terrible, nevermind those big plastic bricks people throw on them

I thought my N7 was beautiful au natural, but I drop everything. no case no phone. simple.

ladiinay

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Hadn't had it but for a few days and I already dropped it in a parking lot! No protection since I'm waiting on ups to get here with it. It bounced a few times butt fortunately no damage at all. Either I got real lucky or this is one tough phone!

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
First cracked screen due to drop already reported on the N8 subreddit by someone that only had it for a few hours. I would just die if that happened to me.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I love my UAG brick. I happen to think it improves the aesthetics of the phone. My buddy is not so lucky. Last night while we were at the bar, he dropped his N8 from about 3ft. The nice spider web crack that starts from the top right corner is a testament that these phones are still fragile. He has now invested in a UAG case. Well, that is after he pays his 250.00 insurance deductible for a new phone.

eshropshire

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I DO NOT understand why people use these phones without a case. But hey, Insurance companies stay in business this way.
I am with you. Back in 2011 I bought three HTC Rezounds for me and my daughters. My wife got one from work 2 months later. My daughters and I put ours in cases when we bought the phones. My wife liked the way it felt without a case. She cracked her screen 2x in one year. When my daughters upgrade she switched SIMs and took off the case in six months that one was cracked. I only let her use my old one if she kept the case on the phone.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine slipped out of the hand, when I was trying to change the case and fell on the table. Luckily no crack or anything, but little paint chip at one of the side. Just a small blemish, even when you try to be careful there can be an unfortunate accident but luckily got away without major damage.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a Spigen case on my Note 7, the night before I turned it in it fell onto the tile floor in the bathroom and split in half , right across the middle. The Note 8 now has the Neo Flex film on it along with a Spigen Tough Armor case, just waiting on that Whitestone Dome I ordered.....that video made me cringe, watching all that scratching going on, and when he burned that screen - oh my ;)

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

They are designed to be used without a case, otherwise you would get one in the box with the phone. That said, it is a good idea to get a case/skin/bumper or some sort of protection for long term use; but some of us cannot help admiring the design as is for bit before sealing it up.

bettyn100 , 1st what case did you decide on? And 2nd it sounds like the clicker on the Spen is broken, if it is not popping out on its own.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith