I dropped my Note 8 and it was undamaged

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
Mine just hit the concrete and cracked the back glass. Didn't last a few days. Case was delayed in shipping and my other phone was toast. Sucks. Otter box will hide the damage once it finally shows up.

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
bettyn100 , 1st what case did you decide on? And 2nd it sounds like the clicker on the Spen is broken, if it is not popping out on its own.

I got the spigen. I don't remember the name of the case though. It's a thin lightweight case. The clicker still works. I can press it in its just the spen is jammed up in there.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the spigen. I don't remember the name of the case though. It's a thin lightweight case. The clicker still works. I can press it in its just the spen is jammed up in there.

there was a fix for N5 users that had that problem. something like cutting a straw open (plastic drinking) and sliding it in the pen tube to activate the little boogers on each side that hold the pen in place (the wrong way) so that you can pull it out. youtube video I think. I'll be back.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
there was a fix for N5 users that had that problem. something like cutting a straw open (plastic drinking) or making a piece of card board and sliding it in the pen tube to activate the little boogers on each side that hold the pen in place (the wrong way) so that you can pull it out. youtube video I think. I'll be back.

I never tried this since I never had this problem. hope it helps or at least doesn't hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PkQJkH1tOg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEUaeGYhTlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=652OiKN6x3U

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just drop a little veggie oil in the sylo and if can get some floss under the clicker give it a good tug! It's water resistant so you can wash off the oil later. ;)

there was a fix for N5 users that had that problem. something like cutting a straw open (plastic drinking) and sliding it in the pen tube to activate the little boogers on each side that hold the pen in place (the wrong way) so that you can pull it out. youtube video I think. I'll be back.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
That's why my N8 has been sitting on my desk unopened since I got Tuesday. I ordered it Friday and who knew it'd come that fast before I ordered the case. Murphy is one powerful dude. I waited a year since missing out on the N7 order by a day before they halted sales for recall. I can wait a few more days.

Hadn't had it but for a few days and I already dropped it in a parking lot! No protection since I'm waiting on ups to get here with it. It bounced a few times butt fortunately no damage at all. Either I got real lucky or this is one tough phone!

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Just drop a little veggie oil in the sylo and if can get some floss under the clicker give it a good tug! It's water resistant so you can wash off the oil later. ;)
I'm not really worried about it. I'm going to do an insurance claim on it since the stylus and around the stylus is scratched up from trying to get it out.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
That's why my N8 has been sitting on my desk unopened since I got Tuesday. I ordered it Friday and who knew it'd come that fast before I ordered the case. Murphy is one powerful dude. I waited a year since missing out on the N7 order by a day before they halted sales for recall. I can wait a few more days.

Willpower! I held off on pre ordering, but I don't think I could refrain from using it if I had it. I'd probably take some extreme precautions though.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
They are designed to be used without a case, otherwise you would get one in the box with the phone. That said, it is a good idea to get a case/skin/bumper or some sort of protection for long term use; but some of us cannot help admiring the design as is for bit before sealing it up.

bettyn100 , 1st what case did you decide on? And 2nd it sounds like the clicker on the Spen is broken, if it is not popping out on its own.

Lol if they were designed to be used without a case, the glass wouldn't shatter or crack when dropped from a height of three feet. The go to "design" seems to be lighter, thinner, slippery and pretty fragile if you ask me. Not Tanky like my old tried and true HTC EVO Shift.

maxthesilent

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
First cracked screen due to drop already reported on the N8 subreddit by someone that only had it for a few hours. I would just die if that happened to me.

Well, add me to the club. Somehow chipped the top lip of the upper layer of the screen which created one big crack from the chip down about an inch to the left side. Several smaller cracks showing in this layer of the screen as well. Went to Sprint tonight to invoke warranty or TEP only to be told I'd have to shell out $200 to fix it. This is my third Note and fifth Galaxy and I've never had this happen. What I think happened is my money clip/ wallet caught that lip on the top on the device screen and it did the damage. Extremely disappointed right now.

bettyn100

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I got a replacement note 8 today from the store. I had signal issues even with WiFi calling so I went ahead and did a warranty exchange on it.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hadn't had it but for a few days and I already dropped it in a parking lot! No protection since I'm waiting on ups to get here with it. It bounced a few times butt fortunately no damage at all. Either I got real lucky or this is one tough phone!

Glad all is good.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I dropped mine today too. It landed face first. But thankfully no damage Love my Otterbox. Always buy 1.Always use a case. Waiting on my glass screen cover.