So you just got your Galaxy Note 8, your tinkering around and getting acclimated to all its features. You reboot the phone and BAM! all your applications are gone. I (like many others) ran into this issue and decided to share my solution.

Now I know this issue was observed with the S8 and S8+ and I would like to thank everyone who's posted on their findings and fixes. I wanted to make one cohesive post on rectifying this issue.

The culprit to all this mayhem is an application Samsung has preloaded into your phone called "Secure Folder". Essentially Secure folder creates a private, encrypted space on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone by leveraging the defense-grade Samsung Knox security platform.

The trick to it all is to just uninstall the application to reestablish all your applications, however, once Secure Folder is activated and if you do not have the Secure Folder application or the Google Play Store application on your home screen the uninstallation process may take a little more work than anticipated.

If the above is the predicament you find yourself in then follow these steps:
    (If you have access to Google Play on your home screen skip to step 5)

1. Drag that old dusty thing no one uses anymore - your laptop
    2. Venture on over to the Google Play Store and set any app to download to your phone
    3. This should prompt your phone to download the application giving you an alert on your phones system tray
    4. Once you see the prompt, click it and you should be in the Play Store
    5. Search for "Samsung Secure Folder" and launch the application
    6. Once in the application navigate through the settings and you will find an option to uninstall it
    7. Tell your friends

I can only imagine how some may feel if this has transpired and it is their first Samsung or Android device but do not fear! Anything is effortlessly reversible and sets aside only a little opportunity to get it.

I genuinely hope this has helped some of you out!
    09-09-2017 07:57 AM
    Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for the helpful post! I'll make it a sticky.
    reinbeau likes this.
    09-10-2017 12:24 AM
    I found the secure folder app under apps in settings. Only choice is to disable or force stop. How do you uninstall?
    09-16-2017 01:30 PM
    Fair play to you man
    09-17-2017 04:36 AM
    I don't have my N8 yet, but what's the deal here? Is this a universal problem, or are there specific conditions which trigger this behavior? Is this something that needs to be done across the board before installing apps and customizing one's phone to one's liking??

Thanks.
    09-17-2017 07:25 AM
    I didn't have this problem but is Secure Folder on here from the beginning or has to be downloaded from play store? I noticed a lot of the apps that used to just be on the phone are now in the play store, or the galaxy apps store if not the google one.Never used secure folder on the Note 7 and not sure if I will on my new baby but curious why this is happening to some people.
    09-17-2017 01:11 PM