09-11-2017 07:49 PM
39 12
tools
    As I'm doing the factory reset and boxing up my S8+ to return it to tmobile, I'm sad to see the smaller, rounder-edged, device leave.

I'm sure I'll learn to love my Note 8, but, the S8+ is a great device.
    amyf27, tuckertje01 and Jon44 like this.
    09-09-2017 05:00 PM
    Did you remove your Google and Samsung accounts? And SIM card?
    Tim1954 likes this.
    09-09-2017 05:05 PM
    and sd card (if you had one)
    Lyspaere likes this.
    09-09-2017 05:38 PM
    The SIM card and memory card went into the Note 8. I'm assuming factory reset took care of the rest?
    09-09-2017 05:57 PM
    If you loved it so much and are sad why did you switch. I think the Note 8 is better all around but that's me. Others may not feel the same though. Hope you like the device. Good luck
    09-09-2017 10:44 PM
    I'm coming from the s8 plus myself but I like the shape of the note 8 a lot better.
    09-09-2017 10:48 PM
    The SIM card and memory card went into the Note 8. I'm assuming factory reset took care of the rest?
    No. That phone will have a factory reset protection enabled because you didn't logout properly. It will ask for your account on bootup and the next user won't be able to use it.
    pduffer, PJRed2008 and Tim1954 like this.
    09-09-2017 10:51 PM
    I gave my S8+ to my husband and have no regrets. I love the way the Note 8 feels over the S8. I'm sure in time you'll grow to love your new phone as well!
    09-10-2017 01:04 AM
    I'm glad I didn't have to send my s8 plus in. It is my back up phone now. The note 5 is now in Verizon's hands, that was my trade in. I don't know if I would have gotten the note 8 if I would have had to trade the s8 plus in.

With that said, I'm glad there was great deals on the note 8, I love the phone, glad to have the s pen back, missed it more then I thought I did. I wasn't going to get it, but with Verizon matching best buy's $150, and the $480 trade in note 5, I couldn't pass it up and waiting for a sale to come, I doubt we will see better prices on it.
    09-10-2017 08:17 AM
    No. That phone will have a factory reset protection enabled because you didn't logout properly. It will ask for your account on bootup and the next user won't be able to use it.
    Huh? I always do just a factory reset and it's always fine. You don't need to log out of everything
    gregg6942 and bhatech like this.
    09-10-2017 08:44 AM
    Huh? I always do just a factory reset and it's always fine. You don't need to log out of everything
    Because it's you. You're using the same Google account that was used on the phone before. If you try any other account on it, it will ask you to enter the one used prior to a factory reset. And you're entering that. FRP doesn't protect against the owner. You're the freaking owner. It protects against use by anyone other than the owner. Also this has just started on Lollipop or Marshmallow depending on the brand on device you used. So if you previously had an older device, it may not have had it.

https://m.androidcentral.com/factory...-you-need-know

Even Google's and Samsung's own support website says you should remove your account properly before factory reset.

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6172890?hl=en

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=kpoyhj-t
    sfoLAX likes this.
    09-10-2017 08:52 AM
    You don't need to log out of everything
    If you're selling it, yes you do as it can't be logged back into without your Google account info.
    09-10-2017 08:53 AM
    Because it's you. You're using the same Google account that was used on the phone before. If you try any other account on it, it will ask you to enter the one used prior to a factory reset. And you're entering that. FRP doesn't protect against the owner. You're the freaking owner. It protects against use by anyone other than the owner. Also this has just started on Lollipop or Marshmallow depending on the brand on device you used. So if you previously had an older device, it may not have had it.

Even Google's and Samsung's own support website says you should remove your account properly before factory reset.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=kDaImQjs
    Thanks for the links. I've already done the factory reset without logging out of Samsung and Google for the return to tmobile. What should I do? Excuse my inexperience..... : )
    09-10-2017 10:40 AM
    Thanks for the links. I've already done the factory reset without logging out of Samsung and Google for the return to tmobile. What should I do? Excuse my inexperience..... : )
    Well, you could try contacting Tmo about it. Although if it goes refurbishing, it might get fixed. They may swap out the memory module or something if that's possible at a factory level. Or the entire motherboard.
    09-10-2017 10:48 AM
    As I'm doing the factory reset and boxing up my S8+ to return it to tmobile, I'm sad to see the smaller, rounder-edged, device leave.

I'm sure I'll learn to love my Note 8, but, the S8+ is a great device.
    I gave my S8+ to my husband and have no regrets. I love the way the Note 8 feels over the S8. I'm sure in time you'll grow to love your new phone as well!
    How are you guys finding the battery life of the Note8 vs your S8+
    09-10-2017 12:45 PM
    No you definitely need to log out of Google and Samsung account. Factory resetting the device does not remove these accounts. This is a common mistake people make when returning their devices. I work at a cell phone warehouse and I get a crap ton of Samsung phones where people have failed to remove their Google and Samsung accounts this making the device useless to sell as there is no way to remove the accounts without passwords. So you definitely need to make sure 100% that the accounts are properly removed.
    09-10-2017 01:19 PM
    I do factory reset on all my phones without logging off accounts and it removes all my accounts, erases all data etc perfectly fine. After erasing I even go thru the setup process again without logging into WiFi, or any accounts to make sure everything got erased fine and everytime it's perfectly fine. In fact when you do factory reset it asks your device password and Samsung password so that it knows it's you who are doing factory reset. Not sure about older phones but I own plenty of lastest flagship and sell them often when I buy new phone and never had to log off accounts, factory reset takes care of it (and I verify it after that). See screenshot from Note 8 and it states as well Google account will be removed. On the other hand it doesn't hurt to remove the accounts before factory reset, but factory reset does take care of it if you don't do it.
    bmetelsky likes this.
    09-10-2017 01:38 PM
    I do factory reset on all my phones without logging off accounts and it removes all my accounts, erases all data etc perfectly fine. After erasing I even go thru the setup process again without logging into WiFi, or any accounts to make sure everything got erased fine and everytime it's perfectly fine. In fact when you do factory reset it asks your device password and Samsung password so that it knows it's you who are doing factory reset. Not sure about older phones but I own plenty of lastest flagship and sell them often when I buy new phone and never had to log off accounts, factory reset takes care of it (and I verify it after that). See screenshot from Note 8 and it states as well Google account will be removed. On the other hand it doesn't hurt to remove the accounts before factory reset, but factory reset does take care of it if you don't do it.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c088757c3c.jpg
    I can also attest to your process working. I did the same on my Note 5 before I mailed it back to AT&T.
    bhatech likes this.
    09-10-2017 02:16 PM
    How are you guys finding the battery life of the Note8 vs your S8+
    After just a few days it seems about the same.
    09-10-2017 02:33 PM
    After just a few days it seems about the same.
    That's all I need to hear

Waiting impatiently for mine.
    09-10-2017 02:44 PM

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=FVzH43Pd
    I sell all my phones after factory reset. That's the only time I do a factory reset and I never log out of Google or Samsung. But I've never heard of anyone complain that the phone is useless. (I have sold about 6 phones so far)
    bhatech and bmetelsky like this.
    09-10-2017 02:47 PM
    I think it's only a problem if you factory reset from recovery. I've also factory reset from settings on the phone and it's been fine.
    09-10-2017 05:49 PM
    I sell all my phones after factory reset. That's the only time I do a factory reset and I never log out of Google or Samsung. But I've never heard of anyone complain that the phone is useless. (I have sold about 6 phones so far)
    Same here. This is new to me
    09-10-2017 06:10 PM
    Yes, you need to remove your Google accounts before you do factory reset.
    09-10-2017 07:06 PM
    Today I took my iPhone 7 plus to my local T-Mobile store to see if I can return my phone. They couldn't because I didn't pre-order in the store. So he had me sign out of my accounts and they will do a factory reset. The guys was nice enough to print out the return label for me and even put it in a padded envelope to send out. So I will never see my iPhone again. I enjoyed it but I'm going to enjoy my Note 8 even more.
    areyes163 and amyf27 like this.
    09-10-2017 11:17 PM
39 12