Bixby (not impressed)

Strawdawg2013

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
After your initial setup you should go into setting and read the section that explain what Bixby is and can do. Then study the tutorials. I use Bixby daily and it's learning me. Change your sensitivity settings so Bixby can hear you and be sure to hold down the Bixby button until you finish talking. I hope this helps because Bixby is real smart lol.

I am having a problem with recording the "Voice Wake up". One does not hold the button down while setting this up.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
OK...I am frustrated with Bixby, BUT I am working through it.... It isn't a "find me how many centimeters are in a mile" kind of system, it is a "Turn on the hotspot" "Turn off Bluetooth" and my personal favorite... "Turn up the brightness" assistant. It is definitely learning, and since it is all software based, can be upgraded and improved over time.

I like OK google, and the assistant, etc, their novelty wears off and I stop using them... I am going to try to commit to Bixby. Plus they are paying us (with Samsung pay points) to help it learn.

Last point... you have to help it learn. Do the feedback, show it what you meant if it gets it wrong.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
OK...I am frustrated with Bixby, BUT I am working through it.... It isn't a "find me how many centimeters are in a mile" kind of system, it is a "Turn on the hotspot" "Turn off Bluetooth" and my personal favorite... "Turn up the brightness" assistant. It is definitely learning, and since it is all software based, can be upgraded and improved over time.

I like OK google, and the assistant, etc, their novelty wears off and I stop using them... I am going to try to commit to Bixby. Plus they are paying us (with Samsung pay points) to help it learn.

Last point... you have to help it learn. Do the feedback, show it what you meant if it gets it wrong.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I am having a problem with recording the "Voice Wake up". One does not hold the button down while setting this up.
Turn the sensitivity up in settings. It works but you have to get it setup. Don't give up keep working at it.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm very possibly doing something wrong but can you do search-type things with Bixby? I tried to ask what time the nail salon in a nearby salon opened this morning. Google came right back with the hours. Bixby came back with some town in Uruguay (and nothing about their nail salons, lol).

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Well it was mostly my fault why Bixby was only typing one word or two. I was holding button down while speaking, but letting up on button as soon as I was done speaking. Apparently you have to hold button down till it's done typing what I said. Hopefully Bixby will only get better.

Strawdawg2013

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Turn the sensitivity up in settings. It works but you have to get it setup. Don't give up keep working at it.

On my phone, when I go to the Wake Up phone setting, the button is off and the settings under it are grayed out. When I turn it on, the record Bixby screen immediately slides over and covers the settings such as sensitivity. Therefore, I cannot change the sensitivity setting before I try recording Hi Bixby....

I have cleared the caches and memories and started from scratch...same thing every time. I am sure some update will fix this...or maybe I could reset the phone and start from scratch. At this point, I am not frustrated to wipe out everything else :D

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Mine works great. I'm pretty sure it needs a data connection so maybe if you're in a glitchy area that could be a problem. Mines set on medium sensitivity

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
On my phone, when I go to the Wake Up phone setting, the button is off and the settings under it are grayed out. When I turn it on, the record Bixby screen immediately slides over and covers the settings such as sensitivity. Therefore, I cannot change the sensitivity setting before I try recording Hi Bixby....

I have cleared the caches and memories and started from scratch...same thing every time. I am sure some update will fix this...or maybe I could reset the phone and start from scratch. At this point, I am not frustrated to wipe out everything else :D
Is Bixby Voice turned on under Voice in setting?

Linda McDonald

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Tried a re-mapping program....Samsung says NO! Tried Package Disabler...Samsung scared me!😄 So, I thought, "how can I judge this 'Bixby', if I've not even tried it?" I have tried it. And it is pretty cool, actually. Two of my big concerns were that it would interfere with Nova Launcher. It doesn't. And I was concerned about the 'simplfied settings'. I actually like the simplified settings menu. Uses the hierarchy of folders, system. It makes more sense. THE button is not so bad. I think I am learning how not to actuate it constantly. And you can swipe it away. The cards are actually very informative! I am going to get to know it better this week and give it a chance.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I've never had this happen before but if I am too close to my TV while voice texting it types what they are saying so I have to keep my TV on low volume. And when I tried to use Bixby it was like being on crack, it made no sense