Bixby (not impressed)

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Been working with Bixby and it doesn't work any where close to Google assistant. When I hold down the Bixby button to talk and have it type sending a text, it only types first word.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Been working with Bixby and it doesn't work any where close to Google assistant. When I hold down the Bixby button to talk and have it type sending a text, it only types first word.
Set it up for Bixby voice. I never use the button. It takes time to learn from you

Strawdawg2013

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried changing the voice sensitivity. I use medium and it works great.

yep, tried it on all three

and strangely, I went back to play with the settings and they are grayed out even after turning the setting on....it goes straight to the voice set up so there is no chance to change them. One time, it acted like it heard something and said do it again...and never heard anything again...LOL...maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Maybe I should not have dumped the cache?

Last edited:

TechnologyTwitt

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
It keeps telling me it cannot hear my voice when I try to set up the voice wake up...

I'm experiencing the same. Maybe it's the iOS in me (things just work), I quickly gave up on Bixby. It's not ready for mainstream. Instead, put it in beta to a select group until it's ready.

Google Assistant does a great job 👍

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Haven't tried Bixby yet myself. I really don't even use Google that must execpt to ask it about traffic on my drive to and from work and occasionally the weather.

Strawdawg2013

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I dumped the memory and the caches and started over. It recognizes a password to unlock it, does everything else, except it refuses to understand Hi Bixby! Not ready for primetime but maybe one day. Google Assistant is great, I agree.

Coxy1873

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
mine does the same even after doing the new software update today. i cant set up the hi bixby wake up it doesnt pick up my voice. galaxy 8 +

tuckertje01

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Haven't even tried and disabled it from day 1. Talking to your phone looks stupid IMHO, and the world is already way too noisy as it is.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I dumped the memory and the caches and started over. It recognizes a password to unlock it, does everything else, except it refuses to understand Hi Bixby! Not ready for primetime but maybe one day. Google Assistant is great, I agree.
After your initial setup you should go into setting and read the section that explain what Bixby is and can do. Then study the tutorials. I use Bixby daily and it's learning me. Change your sensitivity settings so Bixby can hear you and be sure to hold down the Bixby button until you finish talking. I hope this helps because Bixby is real smart lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair