09-15-2017 08:30 PM
45 12
tools
    Been working with Bixby and it doesn't work any where close to Google assistant. When I hold down the Bixby button to talk and have it type sending a text, it only types first word.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-09-2017 06:15 PM
    Been working with Bixby and it doesn't work any where close to Google assistant. When I hold down the Bixby button to talk and have it type sending a text, it only types first word.
    Set it up for Bixby voice. I never use the button. It takes time to learn from you
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    09-09-2017 06:17 PM
    I will try it, hope it works better. How do I set up Bixby voice?
    09-09-2017 06:20 PM
    It keeps telling me it cannot hear my voice when I try to set up the voice wake up...
    09-09-2017 06:21 PM
    It keeps telling me it cannot hear my voice when I try to set up the voice wake up...
    Have you tried changing the voice sensitivity. I use medium and it works great.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-09-2017 06:40 PM
    Have you tried changing the voice sensitivity. I use medium and it works great.

yep, tried it on all three

and strangely, I went back to play with the settings and they are grayed out even after turning the setting on....it goes straight to the voice set up so there is no chance to change them. One time, it acted like it heard something and said do it again...and never heard anything again...LOL...maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Maybe I should not have dumped the cache?
    09-09-2017 07:18 PM
    I'm experiencing the same. Maybe it's the iOS in me (things just work), I quickly gave up on Bixby. It's not ready for mainstream. Instead, put it in beta to a select group until it's ready.

Google Assistant does a great job 👍
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-09-2017 08:07 PM
    Samsung needs to work on Bixby, what a big let down.
    09-09-2017 08:07 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing. Except when I push the button it hears me well then.
    09-09-2017 08:17 PM
    Samsung needs to work on Bixby, what a big let down.
    Give it time. Even your favorite assistants took time to be what they are today.
    09-09-2017 08:18 PM
    Disable it like I did ☺
    09-09-2017 08:35 PM
    YouTube keeps triggering my Bixby Voice for some stupid reason. it's getting real annoying.
    09-09-2017 08:47 PM
    Haven't tried Bixby yet myself. I really don't even use Google that must execpt to ask it about traffic on my drive to and from work and occasionally the weather.
    09-09-2017 09:05 PM
    YouTube keeps triggering my Bixby Voice for some stupid reason. it's getting real annoying.
    Me too. It got old REAL fast so I turned off voice and just use the side button. I'm still giving it a shot. I do actually think it has promise.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    09-09-2017 09:11 PM
    I dumped the memory and the caches and started over. It recognizes a password to unlock it, does everything else, except it refuses to understand Hi Bixby! Not ready for primetime but maybe one day. Google Assistant is great, I agree.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-09-2017 09:29 PM
    mine does the same even after doing the new software update today. i cant set up the hi bixby wake up it doesnt pick up my voice. galaxy 8 +
    09-10-2017 05:01 AM
    can Google Assistant open phone and do all those goodies from a sleepy screen? can you change your phrase from ok google ??

ty
    09-10-2017 05:33 AM
    Haven't even tried and disabled it from day 1. Talking to your phone looks stupid IMHO, and the world is already way too noisy as it is.
    09-10-2017 06:00 AM
    I dumped the memory and the caches and started over. It recognizes a password to unlock it, does everything else, except it refuses to understand Hi Bixby! Not ready for primetime but maybe one day. Google Assistant is great, I agree.
    After your initial setup you should go into setting and read the section that explain what Bixby is and can do. Then study the tutorials. I use Bixby daily and it's learning me. Change your sensitivity settings so Bixby can hear you and be sure to hold down the Bixby button until you finish talking. I hope this helps because Bixby is real smart lol.
    09-10-2017 08:14 AM
    I do hold the button down till I'm done speaking, but only types first word.
    09-10-2017 09:06 AM
    can Google Assistant open phone and do all those goodies from a sleepy screen? can you change your phrase from ok google ??

ty
    Does Google Assistant constantly pause my YouTube video because it thinks I'm trying to talk to it?
    09-10-2017 09:19 AM
    After your initial setup you should go into setting and read the section that explain what Bixby is and can do. Then study the tutorials. I use Bixby daily and it's learning me. Change your sensitivity settings so Bixby can hear you and be sure to hold down the Bixby button until you finish talking. I hope this helps because Bixby is real smart lol.
    I am having a problem with recording the "Voice Wake up". One does not hold the button down while setting this up.
    09-10-2017 11:46 AM
    OK...I am frustrated with Bixby, BUT I am working through it.... It isn't a "find me how many centimeters are in a mile" kind of system, it is a "Turn on the hotspot" "Turn off Bluetooth" and my personal favorite... "Turn up the brightness" assistant. It is definitely learning, and since it is all software based, can be upgraded and improved over time.

I like OK google, and the assistant, etc, their novelty wears off and I stop using them... I am going to try to commit to Bixby. Plus they are paying us (with Samsung pay points) to help it learn.

Last point... you have to help it learn. Do the feedback, show it what you meant if it gets it wrong.
    09-10-2017 12:08 PM
    OK...I am frustrated with Bixby, BUT I am working through it.... It isn't a "find me how many centimeters are in a mile" kind of system, it is a "Turn on the hotspot" "Turn off Bluetooth" and my personal favorite... "Turn up the brightness" assistant. It is definitely learning, and since it is all software based, can be upgraded and improved over time.

I like OK google, and the assistant, etc, their novelty wears off and I stop using them... I am going to try to commit to Bixby. Plus they are paying us (with Samsung pay points) to help it learn.

Last point... you have to help it learn. Do the feedback, show it what you meant if it gets it wrong.
    09-10-2017 12:08 PM
    I am having a problem with recording the "Voice Wake up". One does not hold the button down while setting this up.
    Turn the sensitivity up in settings. It works but you have to get it setup. Don't give up keep working at it.

09-10-2017 12:34 PM
45 12