04-10-2019 07:22 AM
1,076 12345 ...
tools
    While I was using my s-pen I discovered that it makes sound like I'm scribbling on a piece of paper. I thought it was a cool touch. Anyone else find something?
    Hey Dr. D. - I remember you from the Note 4 launch & the "Note phrases!" Another die hard Noter!
    09-14-2017 07:09 PM
    Another missing feature is that now i can't answer a call with voice. When I say"answer" on my note 5, call used to be answered in speaker mode. I miss that feature on note 8.
    I really hope that's not gone, I always answer my calls that way.
    09-14-2017 07:33 PM
    Just discovered the iris unlock. Wow is it fast. Much faster than FPS which works well already. I wear glasses and it has no problems with it.
    But there are times when it simply cannot detect, not sure why
    gregg6942 and kixfan like this.
    09-14-2017 08:11 PM
    Hey Dr. D. - I remember you from the Note 4 launch & the "Note phrases!" Another die hard Noter!
    Lol. The Note puns was a great time.
    09-15-2017 02:18 AM
    I love that Bixby can chain together commands. For example.

Hey Bixby, Good night > Blue Light Filer + Do Not Disturb
    Hey Bixby, Good Morning > Tells you day, date, weather, morning news, music

I can swipe down each and every individual email in the notifications to archive!!!! On my Note 7, I could only do the one email, and you would have to go into the app if you had more than 1 in the notifications window. This refers to the Outlook App and Gmail App
    Thanks for that good morning quick command idea, I have been loving the quick commands too! I have it set up to do so many combinations of actions! It's like automation on a new level.
    LL HUGH J likes this.
    09-15-2017 04:33 AM
    my phone had the small blue popup for a few messages and then went back to the big popup and I cant figure out how to change it back, I am using the stock samsung messages app.
    I have the small blue popup now and I would like to go back to the big popup, but i do not know how.
    09-15-2017 07:03 AM
    I have the small blue popup now and I would like to go back to the big popup, but i do not know how.
    Turn off edge lighting in preferences and you'll get the normal popup back
    toenail_flicker and RSindian like this.
    09-15-2017 10:25 AM
    Turn off edge lighting in preferences and you'll get the normal popup back
    Thank you so much
    09-15-2017 10:34 AM
    I saw a video where the pen bubble was on the left side. I couldn't find the position in the settings but I was able to drag the bubble to the left side! As a left hander, this is a great thing! :-)
    MysticalDreams and ROE_HUNTER like this.
    09-15-2017 10:51 AM
    I saw a video where the pen bubble was on the left side. I couldn't find the position in the settings but I was able to drag the bubble to the left side! As a left hander, this is a great thing! :-)
    But I noticed that when you first remove the pen the bubble appears on the right. When you click out of the action menu, the bubble moves to the left and stays there... until you insert and remove the pen again.

Not the best, but very usable.
    09-15-2017 10:54 AM
    But I noticed that when you first remove the pen the bubble appears on the right. When you click out of the action menu, the bubble moves to the left and stays there... until you insert and remove the pen again.

Not the best, but very usable.
    I think this is something that will be fixed in an update. inconvenient at best.
    09-15-2017 10:57 AM
    is there a way to make the things you write on the AOD screen stay there (in full view).
    09-15-2017 11:59 AM
    is there a way to make the things you write on the AOD screen stay there (in full view).
    I would think, and only guessing here, that if you save it to the gallery or wherever, you should be able to show it onscreen as an image... maybe someone else has a better answer.
    09-15-2017 12:04 PM
    I would think, and only guessing here, that if you save it to the gallery or wherever, you should be able to show it onscreen as an image... maybe someone else has a better answer.
    i am sure you are correct about that (you can pretty much do that with any image), i was looking some way to make it happen a little more seamless. I think right now it stays there for like 10 min when you pin it.
    09-15-2017 12:08 PM
    i am sure you are correct about that (you can pretty much do that with any image), i was looking some way to make it happen a little more seamless. I think right now it stays there for like 10 min when you pin it.
    yeah. I knew it wasn't what you really wanted. plus keeping it interactive would be nice so that you could add to it, like a shopping list, without having to dig for it. maybe there's an app for that already or someone will dev it.
    ol_jackburton likes this.
    09-15-2017 12:17 PM
    I found something that excites me to no end until I can get root.

Sprint has a nasty habit of putting its name where the notification icons sit on the left upper side of the screen. I hate this because if my screen comes on that's where I look to check my nots. if there aren't any I see Sprint, which is advertising for them, and I do so hate that. no free advertising from me or ads to me. I choose what and when.

what I noticed is that with the notifications from my any.do app, using Cal add-on, it blocks Sprint as long as I let the notification sit there. whew. I can leave one active no problem, if that's all it takes. when I tap my screen Sprint comes back only briefly and then is gone again. so much better.
    dchaitu likes this.
    09-15-2017 03:12 PM
    Wishing it had the ability to wakup when raised from the table without having to double tap the home "button".
    yugoport likes this.
    09-15-2017 03:32 PM
    Wishing it had the ability to wakup when raised from the table without having to double tap the home "button".
    I have mine on a wireless charger and that's what it does every time I pick it up.
    09-15-2017 03:35 PM
    In the pull down of the notification panel you can press the ↓and turn on the switch to show brightness control on top, so future pull downs of the notification panel shows the brightness control immediately instead of pulling down again.
    09-15-2017 04:00 PM
    In the pull down of the notification panel you can press the ↓and turn on the switch to show brightness control on top, so future pull downs of the notification panel shows the brightness control immediately instead of pulling down again.
    that's a good one. found it day one. my brightness is important.
    09-15-2017 04:16 PM
    Not Note 8 specific, but I found an extra benefit of Samsung Pay.

I lost my wallet, including ID, cash, credit cards, etc.

I cancelled all my bank cards, and figured I'd have to go to my bank branch and try to convince them I'm me, so I can make a withdrawal, so I have some cash to live off of while I wait for replacement cards.

One of the cards on my Samsung Pay was updated immediately and ready to use. The Discover card was ready the next morning, and I was able to get cash back at the register with it.

Saved me from having to try the bank.
    09-15-2017 05:36 PM
    Long pressing the start button opens the device sans lock screen
    09-15-2017 05:42 PM
    I like that you can turn the always on only during certain hours ... I don't need it on during the day when I'm home but at bedtime having it as a clock will be nice.
    ROE_HUNTER likes this.
    09-15-2017 08:31 PM
    I found that you can program Bixby to answer questions any way you want. She is talking dirty to my wife!! My wife is so mad. It's so funny.
    lisainsf, SpaceyO, Ca_lvn and 4 others like this.
    09-15-2017 09:11 PM
    Go to Accessibility, dexterity and interaction, easy screen turn on. You can wave your hand across the sensors and it'll wake your phone. Not exactly what you need, but may be close?
    09-15-2017 09:21 PM
1,076 12345 ...