Things you've discovered on Note 8?

tmo1973

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
"Anyone know how to get YouTube to default to full screen without having to tap the screen?"

Mine does this automatically. May be depending on who you have. Mine is TMobile. If you go into settings and search for full screen apps, you can choose which apps you want to run in full screen mode. Mine is preset for Youtube to run this way and I can not change it, but I am thinking that is a carrier thing.

Last edited:

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
It's not really something that was "discovered", but I absolutely love the unobtrusive text message notifications! That small bubble is amazing, especially for such a large screen. Don't know if I'll lose it when I finally switch to another app from the stock one but it's helped keep me on the stock app 😂

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
Another missing feature is that now i can't answer a call with voice. When I say"answer" on my note 5, call used to be answered in speaker mode. I miss that feature on note 8.

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I finally found it on my Sprint note 5. It's under each time you have set for an alarm. I have several set for different reasons and it was at the bottom of each time I had set.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just discovered today that hovering the sPen over texts and emails pops open a bubble with the full message. I think that is a nice touch.

Mtberbob12

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
my phone had the small blue popup for a few messages and then went back to the big popup and I cant figure out how to change it back, I am using the stock samsung messages app.

LL HUGH J

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I love that Bixby can chain together commands. For example.

Hey Bixby, Good night > Blue Light Filer + Do Not Disturb
Hey Bixby, Good Morning > Tells you day, date, weather, morning news, music

I can swipe down each and every individual email in the notifications to archive!!!! On my Note 7, I could only do the one email, and you would have to go into the app if you had more than 1 in the notifications window. This refers to the Outlook App and Gmail App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It's not really something that was "discovered", but I absolutely love the unobtrusive text message notifications! That small bubble is amazing, especially for such a large screen. Don't know if I'll lose it when I finally switch to another app from the stock one but it's helped keep me on the stock app 😂

Love this feature too on my S8+. I know in the the notifications settings you can set all apps to be like that

ahhChu

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
i don't know if it's new or not and my n4 didn't have it but, the alarm that says the time out loud when it goes off. my husband's alarm went off this morning and i literally woke up saying "whoa." haha have i been living under a rock?

Love this feature. It's the last feature when you're adding or editing an alarm.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Anyone got a screenshot of what you are talking about? I don't see it.
Edge Lighting settings, notifications at the bottom
dcb9c745cbc106f470f8be96c9b6b00a.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance