Things you've discovered on Note 8?

king

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have an older (2009) Lenovo ThinkPad laptop with a digitized pad and accompanying stylus. My N8 stylus works on my laptop and the N8 stylus works on the laptop, button included. You can tell, however, that the N8 stylus is more accurate. I guess that proves that compatible technology has been around for awhile now but it's apparent that the stylus resolution is much improved. Although compatible, I'll stick with the Staedtler Noris Digital Samsung Pencil if I want to use a different stylus.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I can't get wifi calling to work w my Verizon SIM on my unlocked note 8 :(

That is one of the downsides to unlocked handsets. The way most people get around that is to flash your carriers official firmware from SamMobile using Odin to do so. That will then give you the features like WiFi Calling and VoLTE etc

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
That is one of the downsides to unlocked handsets. The way most people get around that is to flash your carriers official firmware from SamMobile using Odin to do so. That will then give you the features like WiFi Calling and VoLTE etc

Not sure I'm ready to go there yet...but doesn't that also open up all the bloatware and things going away? I'll probably wait and see what Oreo brings. Other than the wifi calling I'm not missing anything. In fact, you mentioned VoLTE...I think I have that turned on and it sounds like it's working...

Last edited:

Bricorn

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site
Just spent about 6 hours going through this thread. Learned a few things. Changed a few things. Changed some back - which took longer!

Great thread, should be required reading for new Note 8 keepers owners.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Just spent about 6 hours going through this thread. Learned a few things. Changed a few things. Changed some back - which took longer!

Great thread, should be required reading for new Note 8 keepers owners.

I agree. And lol. Yeah some topics can seem like you are reading a book but it can be worth it😊

Spencurious

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
Discovered from another thread in this forum that touching and holding the focus point on the screen when taking a photo will lock exposure and focus. Very handy!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm willing to wait for Oreo to make sure it's ready for the Note 8. I just got a replacement Note 8 a few days back so I'm in no hurry-enjoying that this one is working as it should.

chris_t

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I've installed Microsoft Launcher, ran it once and then returned to the stock launcher. The next day, surprise! My wallpaper has automatically changed to the Bing Picture of the Day.

Perfect!

chris_t

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I really liked it, but there were a couple of busy days and I had no time to set it up. Therefore, I couldn't find anything on my phone :)

Anyway, since I'm a fan of MS services and use OneDrive, OneNote, Office 365 and the PC version of Outlook on daily basis, it's only a matter of time since ML will become my main launcher.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
You can resurrect Scrapbook by downloading from Galaxy apps provided you saved prior cuttings in Samsung cloud. Eliminate the wifi requirement and it will immediately populate your app. I thought I had lost Scrapbook on my Note 8...much relief.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech