Things you've discovered on Note 8?

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 269785 ...you have to remember, they have this little iWorld they live in where everything "iNew" is... NEW!

(Sorry, my bad - I had to... the devil made me do it? Yeah, that's the ticket!)
Yeah, it was the devil. That's right. And he had 3 no 12 beautiful she devils with him that all wanted my body. Yeah, that's what happened. 27 she devils. That's the ticket.

John Lovitz
https://youtu.be/-ucJN8cRDqM

IbeSasha

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
Do you have a setting to turn it on and off? If so, would you tell me the path to that setting? On mine, under Advanced Features, it gives me an option to for Quick Launch Camera, but only by way of the power button.

I am talking about the power button.

Y2Dre

May 7, 2010
Visit site
If this is an old feature, then I've missed it all these years. But, I just discovered that in the stock Messages app, you can pinch the screen to zoom the text size larger or smaller.

jejb

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I am talking about the power button.

Ah, yeah, that works for me. But the discussion is about getting it to work by double pressing the home button, as demonstrated in a video a few posts up. Does not seem to be an option for Verizon phones, at least.

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
Has any Verizon users using Verizon messages+ get live messages to work?

Yes, it works on my Verizon Note 8 with Messages+. I use the Samsung keyboard. If you long press the key to the left of the spacebar (on mine, that's the microphone), you can select Live Messages from the popup selections. I've successfully sent a couple of live messages, one of them to my daughter on vacation in Iceland, without error. My daughter and wife both have iPhones, and they both have successfully received live messages from me.

thisisagame24

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it works on my Verizon Note 8 with Messages+. I use the Samsung keyboard. If you long press the key to the left of the spacebar (on mine, that's the microphone), you can select Live Messages from the popup selections. I've successfully sent a couple of live messages, one of them to my daughter on vacation in Iceland, without error. My daughter and wife both have iPhones, and they both have successfully received live messages from me.

I tried that the other day and it didn't work, but for some reason it just worked. I don't get it haha

TX Jedi

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
App pairing: create an app pair with 'my files' as both apps. Then, using the pen, you can drag and drop files (for instance, from device memory to SD card). This will come in very handy.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
App pairing: create an app pair with 'my files' as both apps. Then, using the pen, you can drag and drop files (for instance, from device memory to SD card). This will come in very handy.
I couldn't do both as an instance of the same app. How did you do that?

leerandall

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I just discovered that the FM radio chip in my Verizon Note 8 is enabled. I downloaded an app called NextRadio and it works! It's not streaming, it's actually over-the-air. It uses the headphone cord as the antenna. I've been wondering when they were going to start enabling those FM radio chips. Evidently, Samsung has been enabling them starting with the S8s, from what I read.

kitmo

Sep 2, 2017
Visit site
I just discovered that the FM radio chip in my Verizon Note 8 is enabled. I downloaded an app called NextRadio and it works! It's not streaming, it's actually over-the-air. It uses the headphone cord as the antenna. I've been wondering when they were going to start enabling those FM radio chips. Evidently, Samsung has been enabling them starting with the S8s, from what I read.

Thanks for that. I am monkey see monkey do and downloaded and I am using the Next Radio app.