Things you've discovered on Note 8?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean you chose 1 specific contact to have the edge lighting work? If so how? I'd love to be able to have it light up for just my favorite contacts for example vs. every text I receive

are you sure??? you might have to wait two weeks to see it perform. my N8 is possessed. it does everything on its own schedule. here's what I did. I thought I set something in the contact, but guess not. just a coincidence that the one person I wanted the notification for came through when it finally worked. don't see a setting in the contacts to allow specific only. perhaps someone else knows.

settings>search>edge lighting
I set mine for "screen off only" to catch my attention, with this one contact in mind.
on the same screen:
settings>edge lighting>manage notifications then I selected my apps to allow. my text app was one.
on the same screen:
settings>edge lighting>advanced settings and set that to my preferences.

heatdissipation

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
I discovered my apps move around on their own. Tapatalk has always been in the same spot, yet today it moved off my home screens for some reason,. Others have done it as well, but they were seldom used apps and I thought maybe I was going crazy,. But I use Tapatalk multiple times a day and it has always been on my home screens since I put it there,. Until today. I had to swipe up to find it and add the shortcut again.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I found a way to keep the display screen on full time while "plugged in charging" and using the samsung music player with edge lighting effects.. Just go to About phone, Then to Build number.. Tap on build number 7 times and developer options will unlock in the prior main menu. Once in the deveoper options menu just turn on "Stay Awake". Now you can enjoy the built in music players edge lighting or anything else you like such as internet, texting, or call screen.

*This is Great for in car use when plugged in and on a mount.. :)

I've done this on my Note 5 but on my Note 8 through AT&T it's not working? Screen still times out and goes dark unless I have a GPS Running?

What am I missing?

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
holy merde! it now takes writing a number down and going to settings and adding the number by hand, in order to block it. who came up with that brilliant move? that's why I have a N8, but I shouldn't have to write the number down when it's right there on the screen. they took away the option to block from the area where delete is and you can only select and not copy. so so dumb. this alone might make me return it. wow. so retarded.

In your recent calls, click on the section of the number where a contract picture would be, then the 3-dot menu in the top right hand corner - there you have an option to block the number

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
You feed the cats, of course! Then they come and eat, then you put out more....and so on...and so on. On my GS7 Edge, I had collected about 65 cats (my daughter loved it).
So you just click on any of the food, does it have to be a specific one? I clicked on the bits but that's all you do ? My cat has now disappeared from my notification bar so I don't know if that's what is suppose to do or not.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You click on any of the four types of bait food and wait. When a cat comes by you get a notification. You can view the cats you have and give them names instead of numbers. I played for a while when I first got my V20 after I had to return my Note 7. I had about 40 cats. Started running out of name ideas. :D

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You click on any of the four types of bait food and wait. When a cat comes by you get a notification. You can view the cats you have and give them names instead of numbers. I played for a while when I first got my V20 after I had to return my Note 7. I had about 40 cats. Started running out of name ideas. :D

I got my first cat after about 30 minutes.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an edit button in my pull down shade. I'm with Verizon if that makes any difference. I tapped the N and got the cat, but no edit option. :(

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I don't have an edit button in my pull down shade. I'm with Verizon if that makes any difference. I tapped the N and got the cat, but no edit option. :(

I'm on Verizon and have this option after hitting 3 dots hope this is what you need

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170930-214624.jpg
    Screenshot_20170930-214624.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 29

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid