12-18-2019 10:26 PM
1,080 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    Where in the browser settings are you finding this? I don't see it anywhere.
    You also need to update to the latest version
    11-15-2017 07:19 PM
    Where in the browser settings are you finding this? I don't see it anywhere.
    Open Samsung browser and at the top there are three dots, press 3 dots, scroll down to settings, scroll down and a heading will be personal information. Open that and change the selections.
    11-15-2017 08:17 PM
    Don't have that setting on T-Mobile Note 8.

Update : I use Samsung Internet Beta by default so that setting isn't there. I did find it in the normal Samsung Browser.
    11-15-2017 10:31 PM
    Anyone else use the VR? I got the one for the Note using my Samsung Rewards points. But I'm not finding a lot to do with it.
    11-16-2017 03:50 AM
    Anyone else use the VR? I got the one for the Note using my Samsung Rewards points. But I'm not finding a lot to do with it.
    I got the VR for my Note 5 and you're absolutely right. It's fun for a day or two but that's about it
    toenail_flicker and jimd1050 like this.
    11-16-2017 05:41 AM
    I got the VR for my Note 5 and you're absolutely right. It's fun for a day or two but that's about it
    You're not the only one. I didn't get a VR for my Note 8 after getting two free last year for the S7 Edge promo. When I got the first one, I used it for an hour and then put it back in the box where it's sat and never ever used again. The second one is still unopened in the shipping box. I was just unimpressed from the image quality to the selection of videos to watch.
    11-16-2017 06:53 AM
    I used to use Beautiful Widgets way back mostly on my HTC's think I paid for it. How does it work on the Note 8? Doesn't slow your phone down does it? Maybe I'll try it again.

Why don't you just use the clock I use... Beautiful Widgets. I tap on the clock to get my alarm and the weather to get my favorite weather app...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7d7f8af6f0.jpg
    11-16-2017 10:12 AM
    My FM radio works now through my speaker stupid me it was my cable and the case I was using cause it works with my husbands phone and his Spigen case. We figured out it was my case silly me.

Turn off all your data and tell me if your Radio still works. There is no AM or FM receiver circuitry in these units.
    jacker and jimd1050 like this.
    11-16-2017 10:14 AM
    Holy CRAP Batman... giving away the farm and not knowing it! Thank you for sure!
    I'm curious what information bothers you that they could have and what do you think it could be used for?
    11-18-2017 06:28 AM
    It's not really something that was "discovered", but I absolutely love the unobtrusive text message notifications! That small bubble is amazing, especially for such a large screen. Don't know if I'll lose it when I finally switch to another app from the stock one but it's helped keep me on the stock app 😂
    Funnily enough, if you turn off the Edge Light function, this turns back into the pop down notification which you can reply to!

And another thing I've found useful is to click in the end of the pen before sliding it in, that way you don't have to put an awkward amount of pressure on it, it just slides right in!
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    11-18-2017 10:32 PM
    Funnily enough, if you turn off the Edge Light function, this turns back into the pop down notification which you can reply to!

And another thing I've found useful is to click in the end of the pen before sliding it in, that way you don't have to put an awkward amount of pressure on it, it just slides right in!
    Matt,

that was driving me nuts. Guys in the verizon store couldn't help and the Samsung guy in the best buy store jsut said that's how it is now. Thanks a million for that

Larry
    11-19-2017 12:13 PM
    Matt,

that was driving me nuts. Guys in the verizon store couldn't help and the Samsung guy in the best buy store jsut said that's how it is now. Thanks a million for that

Larry
    No problem! I stumbled across it on another forum. I thought it was a great feature and couldn't understand why they removed it! Very strange it's connected to the edge light function.
    1lamore likes this.
    11-19-2017 01:15 PM

Hi Matt how cool was learning that feature from you. I had a minor glitch where I had to go into settings>APPS>MORE OPTIONS>SPECIAL ACCESS>APPS THAT APPEAR ON TOP>SELECT MESSAGES. Then voila I had that new fun pop up that I can reply to. I don't need edge lighting turned on as I downloaded a free app for it as my edge lighting stock has never worked. Thanks lots.
    jacker likes this.
    11-19-2017 05:15 PM
    I found that you can program Bixby to answer questions any way you want. She is talking dirty to my wife!! My wife is so mad. It's so funny.
    I couldn't find that in the settings. Where is it located?
    11-20-2017 09:34 AM
    I found that the live focus photos cause a bit of mayhem in the Google photos app if you use that for backing up. That is; when you swap back and fourth from the closeup to the wide angle in gallery, it'll create a new image in Google photos each time... But only 4 times. From then on, you can delete the first 3 photos that were uploaded to google photos, and the last one will then update each time you swap back and fourth in the gallery app. Weird, but you can work around it of you can be bothered!
    msndrstood and reinbeau like this.
    11-21-2017 04:20 PM
    Probably the worst kept secret but I have a habit of pressing on the phone where the home button is to turn the phone screen on. I discovered there is a haptic button there that will turn the phone screen on when the screen is off. Pretty cool
    Thank you. This is very helpful.
    11-23-2017 09:46 PM
    Thank you. This is very helpful.
    I don't get it? What do you mean? Describe please.
    11-24-2017 10:39 AM
    I don't get it? What do you mean? Describe please.
    You don't see the quote? It explains exactly what is helpful.
    11-24-2017 10:53 AM
    Mine opens directly to the home screen and bypasses the lock screen. I love it.
    11-24-2017 11:15 AM
    You don't see the quote? It explains exactly what is helpful.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0e8e054db9.jpg
    I saw the quote but the directions given don't work for me.
    11-24-2017 01:44 PM
    It works for me. I think it's a setting. Display-Navigation Bar - Unlock with Home Button - turn that on.
    toenail_flicker, kitmo and 1lamore like this.
    11-24-2017 02:05 PM
    I've discovered that you can use your N8 has a hotspot even though connected to WiFi. Doing so, you will be using the WiFi connection data & not your data plan
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    11-24-2017 11:41 PM
    I've discovered that you can use your N8 has a hotspot even though connected to WiFi. Doing so, you will be using the WiFi connection data & not your data plan
    While I do understand what you are saying, I don't understand why it would be necessary. If there is wi-fi available, why wouldn't any other devices that can connect to the Note 8 just connect to the wi-fi network?
    103Softail likes this.
    11-25-2017 10:55 AM
    While I do understand what you are saying, I don't understand why it would be necessary. If there is wi-fi available, why wouldn't any other devices that can connect to the Note 8 just connect to the wi-fi network?
    To a laptop or desktop with a broken wifi receiver. The Note 8 can act as the wifi receiver and tether it to the computer.
    11-25-2017 12:04 PM
    I guess 1 reason would be to share password protected WiFi. Also, my office won't allow my Chromecast to connect to the WiFi, this way I can.
    11-25-2017 12:42 PM
1,080 ... 3031323334 ...