Things you've discovered on Note 8?

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
This is a very happy day! One of my biggest gripes with Android security over the years has been having to press OK after entering your PIN. Just realized (after almost 2 weeks) that there's an option in settings to "confirm PIN without tapping OK" love it, love it, love it!
This is brilliant. Thank you for pointing it out. I always wondered why we had to do the hit OK process. Coming from an IPhone awhile back had me typing my pin and waiting there (like an ***** haha!). I never even noticed this setting. Like I said before, this is the best forum! Thanks!

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
just found out that if you save an image to AOD then you can pin it and you can tap on the icon and it swaps between your set AOD and the one you pinned

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Please explain?

somebody here posted a pic of a dragon, I opened the pic and when long press on it you get the option to save image then you get the option to save to gallery, AOD etc... I picked AOD as that's what I had in mind in the first place, but insted of changes my curren AOD background it created a second AOD display and I can double tap to change between the two

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint and I use Next Radio. I try to win concert tickets a lot and need real time radio. But I don't use earbuds I have the other end of my plug going from phone headphone jack to the back of my Bluetooth Speaker and It comes through my speaker the cord is the antenna.

could you explain how to access the AM/FM tuner with headphones plugged in? Thanks in advance.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Just today I discovered thatbthe S pens work across devices phones to tablets with only one restriction. I'm new to having tablets so this was a cool discovery for me.

My Note 8 S Pen works on my Tab S3 and my son's Tab A. Both of our Tab S pens work on both Tabs. However, my Tab S3 pen doesn't work on my Note 8, at least not fully featured (air command).

Figured out when my son said his own was a little small making his hand cramp. I let him borrow my Tab s3 pen and it worked like a charm. He does a lot of detailed drawing.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I normally don't use launchers but nova prime is really nice. Using it to essentially give my note that feel that I loved so on the Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Takes one to know who would need some friends or hobby......Maybe their note8 is their hobby...sorry if you don't understand that. Guess you never had fun with whatever phone you have....lol

It's called having a sense of humor...sorry if you don't understand that. Guess you never had fun with, well, anything....lol

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It's called having a sense of humor...sorry if you don't understand that. Guess you never had fun with, well, anything....lol

Well it kind of hard to tell on a website sometimes....sorry if you can't understand that. Guess you never had fun with well........goofballs like me.......Lol.

Meshe78

May 2, 2013
Visit site
when you have a fingerprint registered you can do your finger upside down in addition to the way you originally scanned it

Jetta392

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I just found a few fun things that you can have bixby do for you. Im sure most of us already knew you can ask bixby to tell you a story or to tell you a joke, which is kinda cool. I found 2 other things that i find way more entertaining.

I found them while trying to get bixby to sing me a song lol

You can also say to bixby " Rap for me" and bixby will drop some mad rhymes on you.

Or you can say "Beat Box" and bixby will commence the beat dropping on you.

Anyone find anything else fun that bixby does?

sorry if this has already been posted somehwere, i havent seen anything about it yet on here.
Ask Bixby to play the Star Spangled Banner and Bixby will beat box it for you.

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Well it kind of hard to tell on a website sometimes....sorry if you can't understand that. Guess you never had fun with well........goofballs like me.......Lol.

I agree - can't tell you how many times I'm called to task for the things I say (write) on online forums regardless of how many lol's or up front admissions to pending humor or sarcasm. - sincerely, a fellow goofball!

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The only other Samsung phone I've owned was the Note 4.

Things I've learned since getting my Note 8 yesterday. Mostly positive but some negative:

-Samsung UI has come a long way in aesthetics. However after using Google phones with stock Android the Samsung lag is still evident. It's not bad, but it's just not as snappy as my Pixel 2. However considering the feature set I can overlook that.

-Off screen memo is probably one of the most handy features I've ever used on a smart phone. What an awesome feature.

-I'm usually into smaller phones, but something intrigued me about the Note 8 so I gave it a shot. I gotta say despite the large screen that fact that it's more narrow than previous Notes makes it much easier to handle.

-Bixby is a lot better than I thought. The ability to control system functions and settings via voice is underrated by those who trash Bixby. Using Bixby in tandem with Google Assistant is a big win.

-Sound quality with music playback via Headphones (wired or bluetooth) isn't quite up to par with my Pixel 2. Samsung's Equalizer kinda sucks too. I might try a third party one.

-The screen is easily the best screen on a phone to date.

-I forgot just how many features there are with Note series phones. I can totally see why a lot of power users are loyal Note users. There's just no equal with features and functions.

That's what I've noticed so far having the phone for about a day and a half. I haven't really had a chance to use the camera much but I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

To be honest, I never really was a big Samsung fan. It was the infamous lag that kinda turned me off. Plus I've always liked having a phone that not many others have. In Canada if it isn't an iPhone or Samsung nobody has heard of it. That being said if there's any Samsung device that's worth buying it's the Note. The sheer power of the phone and number of features makes up for any possible negatives like lag etc.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I agree - can't tell you how many times I'm called to task for the things I say (write) on online forums regardless of how many lol's or up front admissions to pending humor or sarcasm. - sincerely, a fellow goofball!

Lol I understand that for sure. It's all good😁 cheers to all the goofballs out there hehe😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers