Things you've discovered on Note 8?

wkemp21

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Watching true HDR content on YouTube any higher than 720p causes the video to go almost in slo-mo and a video studder about every 4 secs.

lisainsf

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That if you leave your pen somewhere you and take the phone with you, you get a warning notification telling you your pen is separated from the phone. (this may have been on other Notes, I just never had that happen before )

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Just discovered the iris unlock. Wow is it fast. Much faster than FPS which works well already. I wear glasses and it has no problems with it.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings; Advanced Features; One Handed Mode, select button. Now, when holding phone with one hand, press home button 3 times fast. Screen will shrink so you can operate everything on screen with one hand. It's fantastic!

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Just discovered the iris unlock. Wow is it fast. Much faster than FPS which works well already. I wear glasses and it has no problems with it.
Really thats good news I wear glasses and the N7 was terrable , my windows 10 laptop is fine

Isaiah Peterson

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
I have S8, but my experience is the same, it is almost too fast at times. I'll have the phone unlock when I just wanted to look at the lock screen.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I haven't tried it yet, but my N7 wouldn't recognize with or without my glasses. this would be an improvement if it works for me.

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Another missing feature is that now i can't answer a call with voice. When I say"answer" on my note 5, call used to be answered in speaker mode. I miss that feature on note 8.

I really hope that's not gone, I always answer my calls that way.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I love that Bixby can chain together commands. For example.

Hey Bixby, Good night > Blue Light Filer + Do Not Disturb
Hey Bixby, Good Morning > Tells you day, date, weather, morning news, music

I can swipe down each and every individual email in the notifications to archive!!!! On my Note 7, I could only do the one email, and you would have to go into the app if you had more than 1 in the notifications window. This refers to the Outlook App and Gmail App
Thanks for that good morning quick command idea, I have been loving the quick commands too! I have it set up to do so many combinations of actions! It's like automation on a new level.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
my phone had the small blue popup for a few messages and then went back to the big popup and I cant figure out how to change it back, I am using the stock samsung messages app.

I have the small blue popup now and I would like to go back to the big popup, but i do not know how.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I saw a video where the pen bubble was on the left side. I couldn't find the position in the settings but I was able to drag the bubble to the left side! As a left hander, this is a great thing! :)

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I saw a video where the pen bubble was on the left side. I couldn't find the position in the settings but I was able to drag the bubble to the left side! As a left hander, this is a great thing! :)

But I noticed that when you first remove the pen the bubble appears on the right. When you click out of the action menu, the bubble moves to the left and stays there... until you insert and remove the pen again.

Not the best, but very usable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid