Things you've discovered on Note 8?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
But I noticed that when you first remove the pen the bubble appears on the right. When you click out of the action menu, the bubble moves to the left and stays there... until you insert and remove the pen again.

Not the best, but very usable.

I think this is something that will be fixed in an update. inconvenient at best.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I would think, and only guessing here, that if you save it to the gallery or wherever, you should be able to show it onscreen as an image... maybe someone else has a better answer.

i am sure you are correct about that (you can pretty much do that with any image), i was looking some way to make it happen a little more seamless. I think right now it stays there for like 10 min when you pin it.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
i am sure you are correct about that (you can pretty much do that with any image), i was looking some way to make it happen a little more seamless. I think right now it stays there for like 10 min when you pin it.

yeah. I knew it wasn't what you really wanted. plus keeping it interactive would be nice so that you could add to it, like a shopping list, without having to dig for it. maybe there's an app for that already or someone will dev it.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I found something that excites me to no end until I can get root.

Sprint has a nasty habit of putting its name where the notification icons sit on the left upper side of the screen. I hate this because if my screen comes on that's where I look to check my nots. if there aren't any I see Sprint, which is advertising for them, and I do so hate that. no free advertising from me or ads to me. I choose what and when.

what I noticed is that with the notifications from my any.do app, using Cal add-on, it blocks Sprint as long as I let the notification sit there. whew. I can leave one active no problem, if that's all it takes. when I tap my screen Sprint comes back only briefly and then is gone again. so much better.

Last edited:

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
In the pull down of the notification panel you can press the ↓and turn on the switch to show brightness control on top, so future pull downs of the notification panel shows the brightness control immediately instead of pulling down again.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
In the pull down of the notification panel you can press the ↓and turn on the switch to show brightness control on top, so future pull downs of the notification panel shows the brightness control immediately instead of pulling down again.

that's a good one. found it day one. my brightness is important.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Not Note 8 specific, but I found an extra benefit of Samsung Pay.

I lost my wallet, including ID, cash, credit cards, etc.

I cancelled all my bank cards, and figured I'd have to go to my bank branch and try to convince them I'm me, so I can make a withdrawal, so I have some cash to live off of while I wait for replacement cards.

One of the cards on my Samsung Pay was updated immediately and ready to use. The Discover card was ready the next morning, and I was able to get cash back at the register with it.

Saved me from having to try the bank.

Meshe78

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I like that you can turn the always on only during certain hours ... I don't need it on during the day when I'm home but at bedtime having it as a clock will be nice.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Wishing it had the ability to wakup when raised from the table without having to double tap the home "button".

Go to Accessibility, dexterity and interaction, easy screen turn on. You can wave your hand across the sensors and it'll wake your phone. Not exactly what you need, but may be close?

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Not Note 8 specific, but I found an extra benefit of Samsung Pay.

I lost my wallet, including ID, cash, credit cards, etc.

I cancelled all my bank cards, and figured I'd have to go to my bank branch and try to convince them I'm me, so I can make a withdrawal, so I have some cash to live off of while I wait for replacement cards.

One of the cards on my Samsung Pay was updated immediately and ready to use. The Discover card was ready the next morning, and I was able to get cash back at the register with it.

Saved me from having to try the bank.
They didn't give u a new card number? Sounds like a security exploit to me.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Note 8 is easier to type on!

I think my Note 8 is a bit easier to type with than my S8 Plus for some reason. Almost as nice as texting on the Note 7.

Does anyone notice this when typing who have the S8 Plus as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo