Things you've discovered on Note 8?

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
where is the haptic button when the screen is off? are you referring to the button on the bottom with AOD (always on display)?

if not, can you share a screen shot

SpaceyO

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
where is the haptic button when the screen is off? are you referring to the button on the bottom with AOD (always on display)?

Yes...the haptic button is always there (where the home button always is), AOD or not.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I recently discovered I can turn on screen and unlock phone at the same time just tapping the finger print sensor,,sensor works flawlessly.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Haptic button is Invisible, it's where the physical home button use to be. Just long press right in That spot.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
While I do understand what you are saying, I don't understand why it would be necessary. If there is wi-fi available, why wouldn't any other devices that can connect to the Note 8 just connect to the wi-fi network?
That's wot I thought, but was too afraid to ask....20171208_100205.jpg

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
That is pretty cool... but now that I've disabled the Bixby button with the latest Bixby update, it would be cooler to be able to use that button for something like flashlight by double-clicking when phone is locked. Just think it would be easier to find/press in the dark than to find the sensor.

Haven't looked into it so what's the latest on this... Samsung blocking 3rd party apps to reprogram the Button. If not, what's the best app to use?
I get to my house door - in the dark - take out my phone & say "hey bixby turn on flashlight". Perfect!

Boosted Veteran

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
I just found a few fun things that you can have bixby do for you. Im sure most of us already knew you can ask bixby to tell you a story or to tell you a joke, which is kinda cool. I found 2 other things that i find way more entertaining.

I found them while trying to get bixby to sing me a song lol

You can also say to bixby " Rap for me" and bixby will drop some mad rhymes on you.

Or you can say "Beat Box" and bixby will commence the beat dropping on you.

Anyone find anything else fun that bixby does?

sorry if this has already been posted somehwere, i havent seen anything about it yet on here.

Boosted Veteran

Dec 7, 2017
Visit site
Also just found "custom chat" for bixby, not quick commands.

custom chat, at least im pretty sure thats what it was called. In custom chat you can type in what you want to say for a command and then type in what bixby will say in return. example of the one i setup below.

My command to bixby: Is it the boys bedtime?
Bixbys respone: Yes it is time for you boys to go to bed

this is the only one ive setup so far for when the boys decide to say its not bedtime i can have some fun lol

Last edited:

KruseLudsMobile

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Pleasantly surprised there actually IS an AM/FM tuner activated in the Verizon Note 8. Only bummer is it only works if headphones are plugged in as the antenna. Getting the Samsung Gear IconX 2018 earbuds soon... Just wondering if there is a way to leave the wire plugged in and listen instead through Bluetooth and automating that setup somehow with Tasker or IFTTT so I don't have to spend 10 minutes setting it up every time I want to do that. Anyone have any ideas (i would be great if the Samsung Gear IconX 2018 earbuds had a tuner built in!)?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Pleasantly surprised there actually IS an AM/FM tuner activated in the Verizon Note 8. Only bummer is it only works if headphones are plugged in as the antenna. Getting the Samsung Gear IconX 2018 earbuds soon... Just wondering if there is a way to leave the wire plugged in and listen instead through Bluetooth and automating that setup somehow with Tasker or IFTTT so I don't have to spend 10 minutes setting it up every time I want to do that. Anyone have any ideas (i would be great if the Samsung Gear IconX 2018 earbuds had a tuner built in!)?
It's also activated with AT&T...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12