Things you've discovered on Note 8?

jsigmo

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
I think the "hit" on battery life caused by running in the higher screen resolutions would depend on how often the screen needs to be redrawn. Showing video or running a game, for example, might require the processors to work a lot harder rendering the increased resolution images than they might have to work rendering lower resolution versions of the same images.

So for normal web surfing, texting, or even viewing still images, we might not see much increase in battery usage when running in the highest resolution versus lower resolutions.

Of course brightness will always affect battery use, regardless of the resolution setting.

BeLO

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Toggle on "Media Volume Limiter" to turn off the annoying prompt!!

Simply go into Settings, Sound and Vibration, Volume, 3 dots on top right corner.

BeLO

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I recently found out you can lock specific apps from closing when you select "close all" in the recent apps view.

All you have to do is tap the 3 dots in the top right when viewing recent apps>lock apps>tap lock icon in app>done.

Very handy for me, I like keeping my calculator app open while at work and I keep it minimized on my home screen so this saves me reopening the app every time I close all my apps.

pixielee22

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't work well. I've tried it but both speakers don't play in sync with each other. There's a bit of a delay on one of them. Unless the other speaker is in another room then it would be ok.
We sometimes do pair 2 or 3 times but they will play i sync! We have 2 outdoor gazebos with speakers and use it frequently for parties

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Toggle on "Media Volume Limiter" to turn off the annoying prompt!!

Simply go into Settings, Sound and Vibration, Volume, 3 dots on top right corner.
Sadly, that menu option isn't available on my Canadian unit (N950W I think)
633d667f2656402a2aa176507e718eeb.jpg

Bodestone

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, that menu option isn't available on my Canadian unit (N950W I think) //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180625/633d667f2656402a2aa176507e718eeb.jpg

Pity it doesn't work in the EU as it is law. Like not being able to turn off the camera sound in countries with lots of pervs.
I found apps to turn off the prior but they were possibly root.
Have't looked for the second but it seems the shutter sound doesn't sound on the 2x camera unless it is totally certain you have perfect focus.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about NFC as I don't use it for anything but I doubt iris scanner have much impact on battery life as mine is always on and I have great battery life (very scientific reporting I know) lol

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
So, I have been looking at some old videos on youtube of the official Note product commercials. It was interesting to see all of the features from Notes past. Some, I had completely forgotten about. However, in looking at all these great features, I decided to do some exploring with my Note 8 again and I have rediscovered scrapbook and the glance features. These are really helpful.

Amazing the number of features that have disappeared.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
So, I have been looking at some old videos on youtube of the official Note product commercials. It was interesting to see all of the features from Notes past. Some, I had completely forgotten about. However, in looking at all these great features, I decided to do some exploring with my Note 8 again and I have rediscovered scrapbook and the glance features. These are really helpful.
Thanks for the reminder about scrapbook. I had used it a lot in previous Note phones. It's definitely a great way to organize screen clips.

I'm not sure that I didn't overlook the app in the Galaxy App store but couldn't find it. I ended up finding a link online to the apk. Why Samsung seems to have dropped support is beyond me.

Once it was installed and I turned on the sync function, everything from my Samsung account downloaded without issue. I'm very happy to have this feature back.

1lamore

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
I have discovered that with the screen off memo - pull out the spen - write and don't close the screen - like if you are making a list and want to add to it - the screen will time out - just double tap the home button and it comes right back up and you can keep adding to the note! I always thought I had to save it, and the go to Samsung notes and then edit then add then save etc. That takes a lot of time. Love the screen off memo app! I'm sure this applies to the Note 9 as well.

mreeveshp

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I'm curious what do you all use NFC before because my note8 is the first I noticed that had it and to be honest I just have no idea about it and what I could use it for