Note 7 or Note 8

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
If the issue with the Note 7 had never happened, would the Note 8 be that much better to get it?

Personally, I'd go with the 7. I don't mind the bigger screen size of the 8 but the 7 was perfect I feel. Not enough new features that I would have upgraded-would have been fine waiting for N9 or even N10.0! Can you imagine what the 10's going to be like?!

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The Note 7 was the first phone I was planning to keep for a couple of years. It was great. If I still had it, I would not get the Note 8. But we all know how that ended, so I'm awaiting my Note 8 to replace my V20 place holder.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Faster SoC, dual camera, bigger/better display, 2GB more ram. I think the improvements are in line with what year to year upgrades are these days. If I still had my 7, I'd get the 8 no question.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Faster SoC, dual camera, bigger/better display, 2GB more ram. I think the improvements are in line with what year to year upgrades are these days. If I still had my 7, I'd get the 8 no question.

Ditto that. I strongly believe I will get each Note that comes. Imo, each year will bring enough improvement to justify getting it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If the issue with the Note 7 had never happened, would the Note 8 be that much better to get it?

Personally, I'd go with the 7. I don't mind the bigger screen size of the 8 but the 7 was perfect I feel. Not enough new features that I would have upgraded-would have been fine waiting for N9 or even N10.0! Can you imagine what the 10's going to be like?!
I would have kept my note 7 and probably wouldve waited on the Note 8 and kept the 7 a bit longer.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
If you're the type to get the latest phone every year then you are a totally different animal and the question wouldn't apply to those... but there are people that are going into the N8 that still had their N5 or N4. I think if I had gotten a N7, it would hold me until the N9 or even N10.

I still run by the old routine of when I bought the latest phone under contract at $199 and held for two years and then upgraded. The Note 7 I feel would still be so fun, it'd hold me until the N9 or later.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I still run by the old routine of when I bought the latest phone under contract at $199 and held for two years and then upgraded. The Note 7 I feel would still be so fun, it'd hold me until the N9 or later.

That day is dead man. Time to let it go.

MikeLW1984

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I really liked the Note 7 but I have enjoyed my s8 plus so much more just based on performance alone. So I can't wait till my Note 8 comes in tomorrow.

hacker79

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I know what you mean. I wonder if I didn't have to give up my note 7 if I would still feel that way. It really was a beautiful phone. I love my note 8 though. I did think the screen was going to be too tall and not wide enough but it works great, and is really nice for split screen. Also, this phone seems crazy fast.

iGalione

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
that's kinda hard to say, there would've been more to it than just the faster SoC and dual camera and a few new features... but again we won't know what happened now. Time to see what the Note 9 now offers once the Note 8s are in all hands that want it.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
I think if the Note7 did not have the battery problems, there would be 5 additional features on this year's Note8. From what I see, the Note8 is basically the Note7 with a two more features (dual camera and screen size).

Wasn't everything you can so with the SPen on the Note8 available on the Note7?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci