Samsung Pay vs Android Pay -- which one are you using?

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried both Samsung Pay and Android Pay, and if so, which one do you prefer?

I've never used any of them before, but after forgetting my wallet at home this past weekend, I decided it's time for me to set one up on my Note 8.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
For me, Samsung Pay. It literally works anywhere and everywhere that I have an option to slide a card, no matter the register type, terminal type, anything. I don't have to look for that Tap n Pay /Android Pay accepted. Love it! Plus I earn at least $20 a month in Samsung visa rewards with it.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Samsung pay doesn't work quite as well for me, but it works most places I try it. Love the rewards program too.
Have you been using it long? Some places you need to run it either as Debit or as Credit. I have two gas stations it only works as Debit, whereas many places are either credit or do both. Nice getting cash back sometimes

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Sammy all the way. My favorite part of the day is cashiers telling me they don't take Apple Pay, me replying that I have a Samsung, them STARTING to say that they don't take Android Pay either, but not even finishing the sentence before Samsung Pay had completed the transaction. LOL

It's eerie how fast it works, and it's flawless 99% of the places I go.

gyounk

Sep 9, 2017
Visit site
Was Apple Pay. Maybe Samsung pay starting tomorrow. Depends on if Apple releases the stylus for iPhone X tomorrow. Lol

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Samsung pay incentive alone will make me drop Android pay like hot cakes. Let alone that Samsung Pay is far superior to Android pay.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
The only time I ever use Android Pay is when they have a promotion. Once in awhile they'll run a promo along the lines of "pay five times at any grocery store and get a $15 bill credit." Sure, why not?

But otherwise, Samsung Pay all the way. Magnetic secure transmission, and the dual compatibility with my Note 8 and Gear S3 makes it more utilitarian. And then there's Samsung Rewards. Generally I'm loathed to impose my tech-related preferences on anyone. Maybe it's because my wife uses an iPhone. But in this case I've got to say that you'd be a fool to choose Android Pay over Samsung Pay when given the choice. Samsung Pay offers you points that translate fairly directly into US Dollars. They are literally paying you to use their service over Android Pay. Heck, the process of trading points for Visa debit cards is even simpler than what I have to go through to redeem cash back on my Chase card (which I also get when using Samsung Pay, BTW). Alternatively you can get free Samsung products; I recently handed over 8,000 points for a fast charge battery pack, which I now use quite regularly.

If you've got an S6 or more recent Samsung phone and you're interested in any kind of mobile payment, there's absolutely no reason not to use Samsung Pay.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
The only time I ever use Android Pay is when they have a promotion. Once in awhile they'll run a promo along the lines of "pay five times at any grocery store and get a $15 bill credit." Sure, why not?

But otherwise, Samsung Pay all the way. Magnetic secure transmission, and the dual compatibility with my Note 8 and Gear S3 makes it more utilitarian. And then there's Samsung Rewards. Generally I'm loathed to impose my tech-related preferences on anyone. Maybe it's because my wife uses an iPhone. But in this case I've got to say that you'd be a fool to choose Android Pay over Samsung Pay when given the choice. Samsung Pay offers you points that translate fairly directly into US Dollars. They are literally paying you to use their service over Android Pay. Heck, the process of trading points for Visa debit cards is even simpler than what I have to go through to redeem cash back on my Chase card (which I also get when using Samsung Pay, BTW). Alternatively you can get free Samsung products; I recently handed over 8,000 points for a fast charge battery pack, which I now use quite regularly.

If you've got an S6 or more recent Samsung phone and you're interested in any kind of mobile payment, there's absolutely no reason not to use Samsung Pay.
I get the cash back on my capital one card when using on Samsung Pay so it adds up double time then

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Pay was the thing I missed the most about Android when I went back to Apple. Depending on how tomorrow pans out, I may be back. I do enjoy my iPhone but the Note 7 was great and playing briefly with the Note 8 I think I’ll like it even better.