Samsung Pay vs Android Pay -- which one are you using?

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've always used samsung pay since it was released. The fact that I can swipe it anywhere you can swipe a card is KING! Nothing else compares.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
It will work with most card readers where you can swipe the normal card. I activat samsung pay, then select credit at the checkout terminal, and then hold the device near the card reader strip. Haven't had a problem with it so far.
I just left Walmart we did some grocery shopping there. I used my phone successfully I set it up as I chose credit card for payment I activated Samsung pay I held the phone on the card terminal it asked for my PIN number I chose to enter my PIN number for when I use it at an ATM it asked if I wanted cash back I said no and it went through no problem this Walmart has the older square-ish looking card readers I'm not sure if other states if there any different

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Well all this time I thought my frequent places I go did not take Samsung Pay but I went into a Bed Bath & Beyond today and pick up a salt lamp so I go to the counter and ask her to plug it in to see if it works and I asked her do y'all take Samsung pay? but she goes no we don't do that so I said can I try and she goes go for it so I open up Samsung pay and held it up to the card reader and voile' it beeped but I had to put in my pin #, it evidently didn't take it as a credit and she was like, "I didn't know it would do that"! So I waited in hubby to get through looking and he had 2 items and we went through a different cashier and I brought out my phone opened up Samsung pay and he goes we don't take that and I said"watch and learn" jokingly and it took it again and he said the same thing that he didn't know they would work so from now on my phone is coming out of the pocket when I go through a checkout. Too bad they don'update the cashier's on this stuff, I could have built up a lot of points by now.
Here is a pic of my Salt Lamp I got for $10 bucks today at BB&B..... I've been wanting one of these for all long time just never wanted to pay for one....
b000b02914346a48e4198b29d55b194b.jpg

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Well all this time I thought my frequent places I go did not take Samsung Pay but I went into a Bed Bath & Beyond today and pick up a salt lamp so I go to the counter and ask her to plug it in to see if it works and I asked her do y'all take Samsung pay? but she goes no we don't do that so I said can I try and she goes go for it so I open up Samsung pay and held it up to the card reader and voile' it beeped but I had to put in my pin #, it evidently didn't take it as a credit and she was like, "I didn't know it would do that"! So I waited in hubby to get through looking and he had 2 items and we went through a different cashier and I brought out my phone opened up Samsung pay and he goes we don't take that and I said"watch and learn" jokingly and it took it again and he said the same thing that he didn't know they would work so from now on my phone is coming out of the pocket when I go through a checkout. Too bad they don'update the cashier's on this stuff, I could have built up a lot of points by now.
Here is a pic of my Salt Lamp I got for $10 bucks today at BB&B..... I've been wanting one of these for all long time just never wanted to pay for one....//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/b000b02914346a48e4198b29d55b194b.jpg
Why did this up load in landscape?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Here is a pic of my Salt Lamp I got for $10 bucks today at BB&B..... I've been wanting one of these for all long time just never wanted to pay for one....//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/b000b02914346a48e4198b29d55b194b.jpg
One of the things I love about Samsung pay there is absolutely no need to ask cashiers if they take it or not if you have a card reader terminal it'll work there's only been I think one place that wouldn't let me use it it was at a vet's office they claim somebody screwed up their machine but 99% of the time when it goes wrong if there's an error on the operator side

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I will give you guys a list of the places I've used it at without a problem. Walmart, Sam's Club, CVS, Walgreens, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Ruby Tuesday's, Applebee's, paninis, any of the pop machines that take credit cards, Sheetz gas station inside, I think BP inside, Marathon gas station inside, Giant Eagle, Heinen's, Kmart, Target, PetSmart, Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, various stores in our local mall, Country Fair Gas Station inside, McDonald's, Burger King, Ulta, this tiny little cupcake shop that has one of those plastic little plug-in card readers on their tablet, and I'm sure more I just can't think of them all right now. I've never had to ask any of them if they take it or not because that's not even a question because Samsung pay will work if you slide it. And another thing I like about this phone I did this entire response by voice text

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I will give you guys a list of the places I've used it at without a problem. Walmart, Sam's Club, CVS, Walgreens, Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, Ruby Tuesday's, Applebee's, paninis, any of the pop machines that take credit cards, Sheetz gas station inside, I think BP inside, Marathon gas station inside, Giant Eagle, Heinen's, Kmart, Target, PetSmart, Petco, Pet Supplies Plus, various stores in our local mall, Country Fair Gas Station inside, McDonald's, Burger King, Ulta, this tiny little cupcake shop that has one of those plastic little plug-in card readers on their tablet, and I'm sure more I just can't think of them all right now. I've never had to ask any of them if they take it or not because that's not even a question because Samsung pay will work if you slide it. And another thing I like about this phone I did this entire response by voice text
I use voice a lot too because I make so many typos but damn I cannot believe how many places take Samsung pay and I go to all most of these stores that you've mentioned! So have you bought anything interesting with the points that you've built up?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I use voice a lot too because I make so many typos but damn I cannot believe how many places take Samsung pay and I go to all most of these stores that you've mentioned! So have you bought anything interesting with the points that you've built up?
Honestly I almost always just go for the 20 bucks when I hit 5000 points LOL 20 bucks can be used anywhere :)

I have had to correct people a few times at some of these places because they swear up and down it wouldn't work but that's half the fun of using it LOL. A lot of times they'll say we don't take Apple pay and I said well this is Samsung pay it'll work it's great

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Honestly I almost always just go for the 20 bucks when I hit 5000 points LOL 20 bucks can be used anywhere :)

I have had to correct people a few times at some of these places because they swear up and down it wouldn't work but that's half the fun of using it LOL. A lot of times they'll say we don't take Apple pay and I said well this is Samsung pay it'll work it's great
well I've gotten rewards just for buying Samsung phones but Ive not built up points before And now Im Seeing where they are giving points now for buying a note. And I loved it today when they Said that doesn't work here! Really? All I say can Say is thanks to you I'm going to turn into a Samsung Pay Junkie! And I wrote every bit of this with the Spen!

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
well I've gotten rewards just for buying Samsung phones but Ive not built up points before And now Im Seeing where they are giving points now for buying a note. And I loved it today when they Said that doesn't work here! Really? All I say can Say is thanks to you I'm going to turn into a Samsung Pay Junkie! And I wrote every bit of this with the Spen!
Yeah I ended up getting probably about 2,000 points from Samsung for buying my Note 8. In general I usually earn a $20 Visa reward card every 3 weeks or so

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Im holding tight for $50 at 9k points

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeal disappointing, it wasn't just for buying the phone ,half to work your way through them on certain days not what I expected

Ok didn't realize no need to go in order any tips for Autummfest approval not sure how to complete that one?
0f8ba720eaf5fed441b3998cc79cc5ca.jpg

Last edited: