I returned my Note 8

billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
To start with, I love the note 8. The problem was that it did not come with coloring installed with the pen. I have talked to every technician available and everyone of them passed me on or said that they could not figure out why. I have learned that it is not a app that you can download. It is pre installed. After taking it in to Verizon, as a last ditch effort, they could not figure anything out so I have had to have it replaced! One thing is for sure, I now know all there is to know about the note 8! By the way I used the switch app to transfer from note 5 and I will not do that this time except for my music and saved files.

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
They couldn't flash a stock rom? I had a problem with my Note 4 couple years ago and went to best buy, the Samsung rep flashed a stock image and that fixed my issue.

billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I suggested that and they said I should just replace it. They just want to make another sale. Not worth their time. I already have the new one on the same. Not looking forward to getting all the apps set up again but that's life I guess. At least the battery is running and charging cool and lasting a long time!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I suggested that and they said I should just replace it. They just want to make another sale. Not worth their time. I already have the new one on the same. Not looking forward to getting all the apps set up again but that's life I guess. At least the battery is running and charging cool and lasting a long time!

You could have just backed up your Homescreen using Samsung Cloud....it restores your apps, themes, wallpapers, folders, etc. and organized it the exact way you had it before. Such a huge time saver.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
They couldn't flash a stock rom? I had a problem with my Note 4 couple years ago and went to best buy, the Samsung rep flashed a stock image and that fixed my issue.
I'm thinking there's probably a big difference between the Samsung rep at Best buy and a Verizon clerk

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You could have just backed up your Homescreen using Samsung Cloud....it restores your apps, themes, wallpapers, folders, etc. and organized it the exact way you had it before. Such a huge time saver.

What is this Samsung Cloud you speak of and how do I use it to backup all of that?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

4 years experience at Verizon, we didn't have access to the ROMs or ability to flash like that. Even if we did, we went from slow computers to iPads for doing our work. Then there is also the fact no Verizon employee wants to waste their time doing that, their main income is commission while the Samsung rep at Best Buy is paid hourly.

So yeah, big difference between Verizon rep and Samsung rep.

billyhousemover

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
4 years experience at Verizon, we didn't have access to the ROMs or ability to flash like that. Even if we did, we went from slow computers to iPads for doing our work. Then there is also the fact no Verizon employee wants to waste their time doing that, their main income is commission while the Samsung rep at Best Buy is paid hourly.

So yeah, big difference between Verizon rep and Samsung rep.
Just didn't think about Best Buy. I never go there. At least they are sending me a new one with no hassle!
I'm thinking there's probably a big difference between the Samsung rep at Best buy and a Verizon clerk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams