09-14-2017 10:38 AM
36 12
tools
    Scratch, heck, I already cracked the screen! Somehow chipped the top lip of the upper layer of the screen which created one big crack from the chip down about an inch to the left side. Several smaller cracks showing in this layer of the screen as well. Went to Sprint tonight to invoke warranty or TEP only to be told I'd have to shell out $200 to fix it. This is my third Note and fifth Galaxy and I've never had this happen. What I think happened is my money clip/ wallet caught that lip on the top on the device screen and it did the damage. Extremely disappointed right now.
    Well that sucks!
    09-13-2017 05:59 AM
    What kind of counter? Steel, wood, marble, granite? Just wondering what was material/debris on that counter to cause the scratch.

Me. ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ

Woke up this morning, noticed a ton of dust under my new Ringke Fusion case, so I decided to clean it out.

I thought the counter was clean, so I put the phone face down to wipe down the back and wipe out the inside of the case.

Put the case on, flipped it over to continue to wipe down the fingerprints on the front, and there it is...
    09-13-2017 11:15 AM
    What kind of counter? Steel, wood, marble, granite? Just wondering what was material/debris on that counter to cause the scratch.
    bathroom counter... linoleum I guess? nothing fancy.
    09-13-2017 11:38 AM
    bathroom counter... linoleum I guess? nothing fancy.
    Hard to believe anything on linoleum would do that! I hear the Whitestone Dome glass protective cover also fixes scratches and even fills in cracks and makes them stable and harder to see. Might be the way to go since you're already there. It's an expensive cover but nothing compared to replacing the stock screen and then you'd be protected from most everything anyway.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-13-2017 09:36 PM
    It goes to show you that you cannot put a phone in your pocket with anything unless you have something protecting the screen. LG did that to me last October when I had the LG v20 had it 2 days and the lens cover on the camera shattered I mean it just shattered and evidently something from inside my purse which I head in a separate zipper part of my purse and something still got to it and I could not figure it out cuz I had nothing sharp in there that would do that so I'm not really sure what caused it but I argued with LG on that thinking they had used some cheap lens cover but they would not fix it and they wanted me to pay $200 two and they would have had to just replace it because the part wasn't even available so I ended up having to wait until May of this year got it replaced and it cost me about 60 bucks so I know where you're coming from but screen is a lot worse so I feel for you I really do because they are very expensive on new phones to fix
    09-13-2017 11:51 PM
    It goes to show you that you cannot put a phone in your pocket with anything unless you have something protecting the screen. LG did that to me last October when I had the LG v20 had it 2 days and the lens cover on the camera shattered I mean it just shattered and evidently something from inside my purse which I head in a separate zipper part of my purse and something still got to it and I could not figure it out cuz I had nothing sharp in there that would do that so I'm not really sure what caused it but I argued with LG on that thinking they had used some cheap lens cover but they would not fix it and they wanted me to pay $200 two and they would have had to just replace it because the part wasn't even available so I ended up having to wait until May of this year got it replaced and it cost me about 60 bucks so I know where you're coming from but screen is a lot worse so I feel for you I really do because they are very expensive on new phones to fix
    I'm also using this screen protector and it works very in a case. Someone was asking a good screen protector they could use asking if one would interfere with the S-Pen and this one does not it does not even go completely around all the way to the edges it kind of stops about where your case would come and it does not peel my screen protector up so that's why I like them so much and they're not very expensive either.
    reinbeau, Serkle K and bojackr1 like this.
    09-13-2017 11:56 PM
    I get scratches on my s8 and I swear they disappear after awhile or I just don't notice anymore.

My S7 edge sucked too. Put it in my pocket and i guess the nylon put microscratches on it.

Gorilla Glass sucks.
    09-14-2017 02:09 AM
    I'm also using this screen protector and it works very in a case. Someone was asking a good screen protector they could use asking if one would interfere with the S-Pen and this one does not it does not even go completely around all the way to the edges it kind of stops about where your case would come and it does not peel my screen protector up so that's why I like them so much and they're not very expensive either.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...34b22eface.jpg
    I used these. They're like vinyl. Makes the phone grippy which isn't good for the s pen.
    09-14-2017 02:10 AM
    I put the Spigen Neo Flex on it immediately and am waiting on the Whitestone dome, it's on its way. I did watch a review of the dome and he said that the liquid adhesive will mask any scratches, so the OP should be ok once it's installed. There are also reviews out there on cases that will or won't work with the WD,
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-14-2017 05:47 AM
    I put the Spigen Neo Flex on it immediately and am waiting on the Whitestone dome, it's on its way. I did watch a review of the dome and he said that the liquid adhesive will mask any scratches, so the OP should be ok once it's installed. There are also reviews out there on cases that will or won't work with the WD,
    My whitestone dome protector should be in today. Through a bit of luck I am actually getting a replacement Note8. So I can start fresh with a new phone, new screen protector, and new cases!

Someone is looking out for me! lol
    toenail_flicker and reinbeau like this.
    09-14-2017 09:22 AM
    My whitestone dome protector should be in today. Through a bit of luck I am actually getting a replacement Note8. So I can start fresh with a new phone, new screen protector, and new cases!

Someone is looking out for me! lol
    sorry you had to get a replacment
    Serkle K and Gray Area like this.
    09-14-2017 10:38 AM
36 12