The Award for First Note 8 Scratch goes to...

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Me. 😤😡😦😔😢😭

Woke up this morning, noticed a ton of dust under my new Ringke Fusion case, so I decided to clean it out.

I thought the counter was clean, so I put the phone face down to wipe down the back and wipe out the inside of the case.

Put the case on, flipped it over to continue to wipe down the fingerprints on the front, and there it is...

They're kind of small, but so disappointingly obvious. Ugh... they're 2 small scratches, but scratches nonetheless. Both on the face by the Bixby and lower volume buttons.

I've had this since last Wednesday, and I waited until this past weekend to start using it as my main device because I was waiting on a case. Now that I got one, I still managed to scuff it already. Ugh...

I hope they're not noticeable after I get my screen protector. I just ordered the Whitestone Dome and it should be here by the weekend if not next week.

Does anyone know if they still make the stuff to fill in scratches on glass? I remember they had something a few years back for all the iPods (yes iPods) that would help fill in minor scratches. It was some kind of wipe or liquid application.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Here's the deeper of the 2... I couldn't really get a pic of them together, but the second one is below this one.

Attachments

• 4594.jpg
    4594.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 36

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's the deeper of the 2... I couldn't really get a pic of them together, but the second one is below this one.

Mine came with a deep scratch that looked like that one...Verizon is allowing me to exchange it...

Is anyone going to use a screen protector? Do they hinder the S-Pen any?

Last edited:

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I was bringing mine home yesterday, it was 5 hours old. Stepping up into my house it fell on the step and bounced. Not a scratch, not a scuff. I feel like you should have had that chance and I stole it from you- I apologize. Karma will get me.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I was bringing mine home yesterday, it was 5 hours old. Stepping up into my house it fell on the step and bounced. Not a scratch, not a scuff. I feel like you should have had that chance and I stole it from you- I apologize. Karma will get me.

I wish I could have seen a slo mo of your face :)

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
A Verizon employee scratched the back of mine while installing a screen protector. He's planning to replace it for me on Friday when they are available in store. I hate that I have this one set up and operating as I'd like, and now I'll have to start again if I take him up on his offer.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
A Verizon employee scratched the back of mine while installing a screen protector. He's planning to replace it for me on Friday when they are available in store. I hate that I have this one set up and operating as I'd like, and now I'll have to start again if I take him up on his offer.

it sucks, but you need to take it. he's hoping you don't come back because then he won't have to explain the return.

I don't let anyone touch my device. I cancelled one of my pre-orders because they were going to open my box and activate it. nope. not mine.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
it sucks, but you need to take it. he's hoping you don't come back because then he won't have to explain the return.

I don't let anyone touch my device. I cancelled one of my pre-orders because they were going to open my box and activate it. nope. not mine.

Yeah, I'm normally cautious about letting anyone touch my phone as well. He convinced me that he'd do a great job with the install, but the result was several scratches. Not pleased! Lesson learned!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I'll probably have a heart attack the first time I drop my note8.
I did I had mine in my work bag last night. My co-worker dropped my bag and my note fell out face first on the tile. Landed flat on it's face. I thought for sure the screen shattered with the sound it made. Luckily I picked it up and nothing. Not a scratch.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I did I had mine in my work bag last night. My co-worker dropped my bag and my note fell out face first on the tile. Landed flat on it's face. I thought for sure the screen shattered with the sound it made. Luckily I picked it up and nothing. Not a scratch.

😨 yikes lol. My heart skips a beat or 2 even when I hear about someone else's phone has been dropped. Lol. I've dropped my note 5 plenty of times and not have a scratch. Hope my note8 holds up that way too. Lol

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm normally cautious about letting anyone touch my phone as well. He convinced me that he'd do a great job with the install, but the result was several scratches. Not pleased! Lesson learned!
oh please. they never have a clue for me. hope you get this rectified and, yes, lesson learned (the hard way). sorry it had to be that way. :'(

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Might want to look at installing dome glass screen. The addhesive is suppose to fill in the scratch's so you do not see them and protect your screen.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Dang I'm sorry you got those scratches, hopefully you'll be able to fill them with scratch remover. I've dropped my phone twice but from a chair so only about 2 feet. Thank God no scratches or scuffs or breaks. I don't use screen protectors anymore, I just havn't had a good screen protector on a Samsung phone since the S6 edge, even my note 5 without a curved screen had issues with tempered glass getting halo effects and peeling off. So far I have had some good fortune, never cracking or scuffing a screen. I did notice 2 very very small scratches on my s7 edge a few weeks before getting the note 8 so I've taken extra measures to use the same clothes for cleaning the note 8 to hopefully prevent it from happening on it.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Might want to look at installing dome glass screen. The addhesive is suppose to fill in the scratch's so you do not see them and protect your screen.

Yeah, I ordered one yesterday, and I got the expedited delivery, so it should be here by the end of the week or early next week. My only concern is how it might work with the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro case I have coming by this Friday. It also has a built in screen protector, but it's probably plastic, and I doubt it'll fill in the scratch. I also hope the screen protector fits with my Ringke Fusion case.