The Award for First Note 8 Scratch goes to...

maxthesilent

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Scratch, heck, I already cracked the screen! Somehow chipped the top lip of the upper layer of the screen which created one big crack from the chip down about an inch to the left side. Several smaller cracks showing in this layer of the screen as well. Went to Sprint tonight to invoke warranty or TEP only to be told I'd have to shell out $200 to fix it. This is my third Note and fifth Galaxy and I've never had this happen. What I think happened is my money clip/ wallet caught that lip on the top on the device screen and it did the damage. Extremely disappointed right now.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that does suck for sure. But since it's accidental damage unfortunately your on the hook for the cost. At least they will be able to get you another one. Imagine if it was a new iPhone. With the shortage of could take weeks or months.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Scratch, heck, I already cracked the screen! Somehow chipped the top lip of the upper layer of the screen which created one big crack from the chip down about an inch to the left side. Several smaller cracks showing in this layer of the screen as well. Went to Sprint tonight to invoke warranty or TEP only to be told I'd have to shell out $200 to fix it. This is my third Note and fifth Galaxy and I've never had this happen. What I think happened is my money clip/ wallet caught that lip on the top on the device screen and it did the damage. Extremely disappointed right now.

Yikes😨😯

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Mine came with a deep scratch that looked like that one...Verizon is allowing me to exchange it...

Is anyone going to use a screen protector? Do they hinder the S-Pen any?
I don't use screen protectors anymore because I think they are worthless. I have always bought them but have always removed them and returned to the store. They never look good, or fit to my liking, or allow for the same sensitivity as the phone's screen. I do better with no screen protector period.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well that sucks!

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
What kind of counter? Steel, wood, marble, granite? Just wondering what was material/debris on that counter to cause the scratch.

Me. 😤😡😦😔😢😭

Woke up this morning, noticed a ton of dust under my new Ringke Fusion case, so I decided to clean it out.

I thought the counter was clean, so I put the phone face down to wipe down the back and wipe out the inside of the case.

Put the case on, flipped it over to continue to wipe down the fingerprints on the front, and there it is...

Methos1979

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
bathroom counter... linoleum I guess? nothing fancy.

Hard to believe anything on linoleum would do that! I hear the Whitestone Dome glass protective cover also fixes scratches and even fills in cracks and makes them stable and harder to see. Might be the way to go since you're already there. It's an expensive cover but nothing compared to replacing the stock screen and then you'd be protected from most everything anyway.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
It goes to show you that you cannot put a phone in your pocket with anything unless you have something protecting the screen. LG did that to me last October when I had the LG v20 had it 2 days and the lens cover on the camera shattered I mean it just shattered and evidently something from inside my purse which I head in a separate zipper part of my purse and something still got to it and I could not figure it out cuz I had nothing sharp in there that would do that so I'm not really sure what caused it but I argued with LG on that thinking they had used some cheap lens cover but they would not fix it and they wanted me to pay $200 two and they would have had to just replace it because the part wasn't even available so I ended up having to wait until May of this year got it replaced and it cost me about 60 bucks so I know where you're coming from but screen is a lot worse so I feel for you I really do because they are very expensive on new phones to fix

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
It goes to show you that you cannot put a phone in your pocket with anything unless you have something protecting the screen. LG did that to me last October when I had the LG v20 had it 2 days and the lens cover on the camera shattered I mean it just shattered and evidently something from inside my purse which I head in a separate zipper part of my purse and something still got to it and I could not figure it out cuz I had nothing sharp in there that would do that so I'm not really sure what caused it but I argued with LG on that thinking they had used some cheap lens cover but they would not fix it and they wanted me to pay $200 two and they would have had to just replace it because the part wasn't even available so I ended up having to wait until May of this year got it replaced and it cost me about 60 bucks so I know where you're coming from but screen is a lot worse so I feel for you I really do because they are very expensive on new phones to fix
I'm also using this screen protector and it works very in a case. Someone was asking a good screen protector they could use asking if one would interfere with the S-Pen and this one does not it does not even go completely around all the way to the edges it kind of stops about where your case would come and it does not peel my screen protector up so that's why I like them so much and they're not very expensive either.
b4b47c019aeb121519e73d34b22eface.jpg

Lsucrazy

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I get scratches on my s8 and I swear they disappear after awhile or I just don't notice anymore.

My S7 edge sucked too. Put it in my pocket and i guess the nylon put microscratches on it.

Gorilla Glass sucks.

Lsucrazy

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm also using this screen protector and it works very in a case. Someone was asking a good screen protector they could use asking if one would interfere with the S-Pen and this one does not it does not even go completely around all the way to the edges it kind of stops about where your case would come and it does not peel my screen protector up so that's why I like them so much and they're not very expensive either.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170914/b4b47c019aeb121519e73d34b22eface.jpg
I used these. They're like vinyl. Makes the phone grippy which isn't good for the s pen.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I put the Spigen Neo Flex on it immediately and am waiting on the Whitestone dome, it's on its way. I did watch a review of the dome and he said that the liquid adhesive will mask any scratches, so the OP should be ok once it's installed. There are also reviews out there on cases that will or won't work with the WD, here's one

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I put the Spigen Neo Flex on it immediately and am waiting on the Whitestone dome, it's on its way. I did watch a review of the dome and he said that the liquid adhesive will mask any scratches, so the OP should be ok once it's installed. There are also reviews out there on cases that will or won't work with the WD, here's one

My whitestone dome protector should be in today. Through a bit of luck I am actually getting a replacement Note8. So I can start fresh with a new phone, new screen protector, and new cases!

Someone is looking out for me! lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon