iphone8 vs Note 8 Change of mind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Not really... the iPhone 7 already beats it out in most benchmarks lol. So even if you cut their claims in half, it's still going to beat out everything. I've come to accept that with Apple, it may be a bit snappier but the experience is still too simple and boring.

Apple knows how to optimize the system good something Samsung still has problems with but there's a big difference in specs and optimizing

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
A dedicated GPU for Deep Learning processing. The simplicity and the high performance of iphone10. Note 8 now seems like an year old phone to me. Apple may do it late, but they do it the best.

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Apple knows how to optimize the system good something Samsung still has problems with but there's a big difference in specs and optimizing

Well if you can have a highly optimized device, it can easily overcome the specs limitations. As a result, you can compare a 6gb ram of samsung with a 4gb of apple, or even less. You will see.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Now let's see how many people complain about the $1000 IPhone X starting price. And that's not even mentioning how much the 256gb version will cost. What a joke. And this lame, notched out display. Get outta here. That's the best they could do for the 10 year anniversary?

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Lol ikr. I love being able to make my phone like I want it. I hate feeling restricted.

Well the only things you usually change your phone is their looks, by downloading some themes. Thats it. And believe me the theme of apple is so much better than any of those themes. So really it doesn't make that difference. I prefer high performance, camera, and simpler and exciting features (such as face recognition) on a phone than what theme I have put on my phone. How many times do you stare at those themes? You usually spend most of the time on your phone within an app.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I was underwhelmed as well. Not as good as I thought it was going to be. And no fingerprint sensor is a no go right now. Not until all the apps I used that require one update to use face recognition.

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I was underwhelmed as well. Not as good as I thought it was going to be. And no fingerprint sensor is a no go right now. Not until all the apps I used that require one update to use face recognition.

Dude do you live under a rock. Fingerprint has an accuracy of 1:50,000 but the apple facial recognition is 1:1,000,000.
Which one do you think is better? Why to keep a feature on phone when you already have a superior feature to replace it, considering you already have the traditional lock system intact.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I cannot believe Apple has the stones to come out on stage with that thing. I thought it was hideous in the leaks, even more so now it's "real" and the whole "wireless is the future" thing was funny. That was in the liveblog I watched, not sure if it was in the actual event but wireless charging has been a "thing" since mid 2008 when the "Powerpad" or whatever Energizer came out with. The phone looks like an uglier S8 with iOS. I do not like the cutout, looks goofy to me, think the camera hump is hideous and just laughed at all of the "features" of the phone. I want to see one in hand before making my actual opinion but on first blush, not even slightly impressed or tempted. I am somewhat of an Apple Sheep, I love their products, services and customer experience but geez what a let down. I will stick with my Note 8 (when it comes -_-) and my Gear S3. Also, what is with AR? That has been around since the Blackberry Torch and Nintendo DS so why make it a "thing" now? Hasn't Pokemon Go been around for 16 or so months? I don't get it. The watch was a joke too, just added LTE. Ugh, I am legitimately mad lol.

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Now let's see how many people complain about the $1000 IPhone X starting price. And that's not even mentioning how much the 256gb version will cost. What a joke. And this lame, notched out display. Get outta here. That's the best they could do for the 10 year anniversary?

Agreed. The price is over the top. Usual Apple market strategy. Expensive = Better = Status Signature = Brand Name

Isaiah Peterson

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
It's very odd to me that it isn't just a black background. Using that space is a good idea, but the execution is messed up.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Dude do you live under a rock. Fingerprint has an accuracy of 1:50,000 but the apple facial recognition is 1:1,000,000.
Which one do you think is better? Why to keep a feature on phone when you already have a superior feature to replace it, considering you already have the traditional lock system intact.
Sorry no I don't live under a rock and maybe rephrase your comment as I couldn't understand it as it was worded poorly.

reshreat

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Sorry no I don't live under a rock and maybe rephrase your comment as I couldn't understand it as it was worded poorly.
I am saying, Apple face recognition is far superior than Fingerprint. The number speaks for itself.
Now did you get it this time? lol If so, then sit down and be HUMBLE

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Well the only things you usually change your phone is their looks, by downloading some themes. Thats it. And believe me the theme of apple is so much better than any of those themes. So really it doesn't make that difference. I prefer high performance, camera, and simpler and exciting features (such as face recognition) on a phone than what theme I have put on my phone. How many times do you stare at those themes? You usually spend most of the time on your phone within an app.

Bullcrap. I can enjoy my full Oled screen without rows of apps cluttering up my screen where I don't want them. There are endless options for how you want your phone to look with Android.

There are app drawers, edge panels, slide out widgets and organization tools built directly into the OS, without downloading anything.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I like the iWatch Series 3 with cellular. I like the idea that it's using your one cell phone number on your iPhone and can go out without the phone and still take calls. That would be convenient for me as a runner and be able to just take the watch with me instead of lugging a phone and not needing a separate cell number. Hope they can do that with Android phones.

I can do that with my Gear S2 late version.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Come on... Series 3 with cellular on same telephone number. I don't know how LTE works on the Samsung... is it a separate tele number? If you want people to call you and you have just the watch do they have to call the watch number or does it have the ability to reroute to watch automatically?

For me the watch is a win when they can use same telephone number and really be able to leave the phone behind at times.

As for the rest of the phone, I think it will be a solid phone. Not mind blowing... but it's coming close to a phone that checks almost every box that most people want and less concessions. Something simple like stereo speakers... at the $1000 level you're still compromising on the Note.

The watch was a joke too, just added LTE. Ugh, I am legitimately mad lol.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Cool... so Gear S2 has cellular using same telephone number as your cell phone? Curious to how much it costs for the service? I never really researched it because I always thought two separate numbers. They should have really advertised that feature.

I can do that with my Gear S2 late version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22